Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old?

I know that when your eBay account is new, the selling limits is low. Are all eBay account created equal, i.e., do they all have the same limit at the beginning? Or some account has higher limit than others because the user did something right at the beginning?

Is it possible to ask eBay to raise the limit when your account is less than 90 days old? As far as I know, the people who sell accounts here are able to build accounts with high limits while they are still less than 90 days old. I wonder what the trick is? I am not trying to steal someone else's secret, I just want to bring my sales up to speed. 90 days is infinity to me.

By the way, I am in the United States, if that makes any difference.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old?

People here have reported they've had accounts that started with 5/500 limits that received multiple limit increases within the first couple of months when they sold to capacity and did everything by the book (i.e. uploaded tracking, shipping within 24 hours, etc etc).
So yes those limits can increase within the first 90 days and you don't even need to bother calling ebay - who will look you up in the public databases (and fail to find anything since its a stealth account) when you request a limit increase.
Old 07-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old?

Thank you for your advise. I see that you are selling eBay accounts so you must have a lot of experience. I am kind of split between buying an account here or building one by myself. I don't mind paying a couple hundred bucks for it, it's nothing compare to the money I would make with them. But the reason I am hesitating is because I want to have a legitimate account. I don't need to run many stealth accounts. I just need one good account to run my business (the first account of mine was run for 15 years before I made mistakes and is now restricted).

If I buy an account from you, will I be able to do the followings:

1. Change shipping address in eBay account so that I can accept return from buyer (I have opened a new mailbox to avoid linking with restricted account), also change the phone number to mine (again, it's a new number)

2. Convert Paypal account to business with my business and contact name, and change the bank account. I have registered a new business name and I can get new bank account. Or may be I just simply register a new Paypal account with my info and link it to the eBay account?

If I am able to do those things without raising , I will be happy to pay a couple hundred bucks to buy a new account. I know that it is easy to change eBay name and address, just not sure if it's will trigger any alert from eBay and will cause a limit on the account. I am an experienced eBay seller with 15 years of history. I just need one good account to restart, and I need high limits. What is your advise?
Old 07-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

I sent you a PM with the answers to your questions.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
People here have reported they've had accounts that started with 5/500 limits that received multiple limit increases within the first couple of months when they sold to capacity and did everything by the book (i.e. uploaded tracking, shipping within 24 hours, etc etc).
So yes those limits can increase within the first 90 days and you don't even need to bother calling ebay - who will look you up in the public databases (and fail to find anything since its a stealth account) when you request a limit increase.
LOL this bull has been disproven time and time again. When will you stop promoting falsehoods?

OP, check the link in my sig.
Old 07-07-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

OH GOSH HERE WE GO... RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-07-2015)
Old 07-07-2015

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
OH GOSH HERE WE GO... RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
I started running back when GOA started a 278 page thread on it.
Old 07-07-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

come on every1 just play nice. its too early .don't make me call greenbean
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
LOL this bull has been disproven time and time again. When will you stop promoting falsehoods?

OP, check the link in my sig.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Yes, really.

Are you still delusional, despite over a dozen established members voicing support and verifying that calling eBay works fine?

If so, I feel sorry for you.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
I started running back when GOA started a 278 page thread on it.
Just in case you forgot one of the many threads where I proved you wrong....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/85740-calling-raise-selling-limits.html
Old 07-07-2015

Longevity: 76%

...yawn.

I already knew it was possible well before you even knew about the forum, so I am not sure how you proved me wrong.
Old 07-07-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Yes, really.

Are you still delusional, despite over a dozen established members voicing support and verifying that calling eBay works fine?

If so, I feel sorry for you.
Maybe somethings work better for UK accounts to US accounts and visa versa.

UK accounts, if run properly, are definitely better left to mature 'naturally'. So easy to get multiple limit raises inside 8-12 weeks there is really no need to have to contact anybody directly, EVER.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-08-2015)
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Maybe somethings work better for UK accounts to US accounts and visa versa.

UK accounts, if run properly, are definitely better left to mature 'naturally'. So easy to get multiple limit raises inside 8-12 weeks there is really no need to have to contact anybody directly, EVER.
First off, the OP is in the USA, not the UK. So even if that WERE true (which there's no evidence to support it is), it would be irrelevant to the current thread.

I've seen FAR more posts complaining that it's been X amount of time and they have X amount of "perfect" feedback with "perfect" metrics than I have of people who said they called and were shut-down/denied and increase after a call.

If you're successful getting increases without calling, keep doing what you're doing, by all means. But don't lie to new members and tell them that the only "good", "reliable", "sustainable", "smart", or whatever other term to get increases and build solid, long-lasting stealth accounts is to "wait for eBay to do it on their own" because it isn't.

Even Jeff Weico has publicly stated he has had 0 issues calling eBay. If you're having problems, it's you, not eBay. Don't be a social retard or act shifty and you'll be fine.
Old 07-07-2015

Quote:
First off, the OP is in the USA, not the UK. So even if that WERE true (which there's no evidence to support it is), it would be irrelevant to the current thread.
Yes I am aware OP is from US, HOWEVER, It became relevant since you became a dick in this thread and called a UK user out in post #10.

Unless you have extensive experience of creating and maintaining accounts in the UK, you are not in the position to pass comment.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes I am aware OP is from US, HOWEVER, It became relevant since you became a dick in this thread and called a UK user out in post #10.

Unless you have extensive experience of creating and maintaining accounts in the UK, you are not in the position to pass comment.
You obviously haven't seen the history of our previous interactions.

I suggest you take your own advice: Since you don't know the "history" between Callidus and myself, you have no place voicing your opinion about what I say to him.

Aside from this, there are PLENTY of posts where users FROM THE UK have stated it's actually far EASIER to get increases in the UK due to the ability to use instant messenger "chat" for these requests. Use the search function if you have any doubts.

Now then....

Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Seriously, are we about to have one of those 765 page conversations again?
Why is it that every time somebody mentions calling, you need to start linking your thread, don't you just have anything better to do?
Old 07-07-2015

Longevity: 62%

I'm starting to like GOA. Idk if GOA is m or f. But if GOA is this relentless on the forum probably kills on ebay & amazon. GOA is helping by encouraging and NOT discouraging fellow forums members. GOA Has a ebay/amazon cut throat way of doing it but hey that's who we are dealing with. Also GOA is not promoting vero or counterfeit items that's how GOA is being treated like.
GhostOfAmazon (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Seriously, are we about to have one of those 765 page conversations again?
Why is it that every time somebody mentions calling, you need to start linking your thread, don't you just have anything better to do?
"We" aren't having a conversation. I'm giving advice, and you're hurling insults.

Here's my suggestion: Instead of worrying about my opinions and what I do with my time, why don't you try contributing something helpful of your own? That's a MUCH better use of YOUR time.
Old 07-08-2015

Quote:
You obviously haven't seen the history of our previous interactions.

I suggest you take your own advice: Since you don't know the "history" between Callidus and myself, you have no place voicing your opinion about what I say to him.
I think you need to re-read, and comprehend what I have written before replying.......my reply was nowt to do with Callidus. Think you have just won the aspkin 'can't see the wood for the trees' title 2015.

Quote:
Aside from this, there are PLENTY of posts where users FROM THE UK have stated it's actually far EASIER to get increases in the UK due to the ability to use instant messenger "chat" for these requests.
Obviously, it is not easier or safer to interact with an ebay rep than just leave an account alone that will get big raises anyway. That is just illogical for UK users. If you have to do something, rather than just leave it, then it is not easier, by definition. I don't care how many forum posts there are saying UK users have got limit raises by contacting ebay......obviously it is possible to do this, but that is not the point. It increases a risk element, when there is no need to, and it is bad advice to tell inexperienced stealthers otherwise. Undoubtedly the safest way for UK users to operate is not rush the accounts, wait for limits to organically increase, if need be open more stealths, within a few small few months whilst learning how to operate stealths they will then, if operated well, be able to list thousands of items each months for tens of thousands of pounds across 6 or so accounts.

Quote:
Use the search function if you have any doubts."We" aren't having a conversation. I'm giving advice, and you're hurling insults.

Here's my suggestion: Instead of worrying about my opinions and what I do with my time, why don't you try contributing something helpful of your own? That's a MUCH better use of YOUR time.
Actually with regard the person you directed this at, in this thread the first thing you done was call him delusional. So me thinks it is you hurling the insults.

Last edited by realdeals; 07-08-2015 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Obviously, it is not easier or safer to interact with an ebay rep than just leave an account alone that will get big raises anyway.
Your claims are unfounded. As stated earlier. MANY posts from users in the UK, US, Canada, etc complaining they haven't seen an increase at all in the first 3 months.

Quote:
That is just illogical for UK users. If you have to do something, rather than just leave it, then it is not easier, by definition.
Interesting....you just called me out for not paying attention to context, and yet here you are doing the same thing. If you read the CONTEXT of my post, you'd know I was comparing US to UK eBay, not contacting them vs doing nothing. Who is it that can't see the forest through the trees exactly?

Quote:
I don't care how many forum posts there are saying UK users have got limit raises by contacting ebay......obviously it is possible to do this, but that is not the point. It increases a risk element, when there is no need to and it is bad advice to tell inexperienced stealth otherwise.
Driving your car is a risk. Using "auction" instead of "Buy it Now" is a risk. Getting married is a risk. Starting a business, eBay or otherwise, is a risk. Would you have all members of this forum avoid risk? Newsflash: LIFE IS RISK! But, as with most things in life, where there's risk, there's reward.

Quote:
Undoubtedly the safest way for UK users to operate is not rush the accounts, wait for limits to organically increase, if need be open more stealths,
You ignore the fact that many members don't wish to run 5-10 ten item per month accounts. They would rather operate ONE good account than 10 petty ones. Don't assume everyone is like you.

Quote:
within a few small few months whilst learning how to operate stealths they will then, if operated well, be able to list thousands of items each months for tens of thousands of pounds across 6 or so accounts.
Again, many members don't want the headache and expense of maintaining, operating, and managing that many accounts, not to mention keeping track of them all, and the cost of doing so. Not everyone is making 75k a year on eBay. For some, this is a part time, 15,000 dollar a year venture. These people don't want to bother with 6 different accounts.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 07-08-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-08-2015

LOL you are such an amusing little troll.

I stand by my posts, I suggest you buy a dictionary so you can understand what the words you use actually mean.

Anybody operating just one stealth account, isn't true stealth. Anyone who has been on the forum a few short months and states so, is misguided at best.

Keep giving people bad advice, keep trolling people who offer the sound advice that has worked year upon year upon year and still works now, go on son...fill ya boots
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post: