What to do immediately once you realize you may have linked 2 stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default What to do immediately once you realize you may have linked 2 stealth accounts

I had an ip address mistake today. Logged in to an account today using the ip address that I used to log in to a different stealth account last week. What are the immediate steps that should be taken to try to prevent losing access to the available funds on both PP accounts?

Should I immediately transfer as much as possible to my banks on both accounts?

1 account is at it's PP monthly transfer limit. Should I send the money to a friends PP account?

I know PP can reverse transfers so what have you experienced when you have ****ed up and linked accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: What to do immediately once you realize you may have linked 2 stealth accounts

I am trying not to keep much of a balance in paypal these days.

I would not get paranoid over a one time IP share. Keep in mind pretty much all IPs have been used at one time on ebay and paypal already. It is regular or consecutive IP shares that are the major issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (07-14-2015)
Old 07-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Default Re: What to do immediately once you realize you may have linked 2 stealth accounts

To be clear, TRY NOT to cross IPs again especially the same IPs
Old 07-13-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Just because you have shared an ip doesnt mean the accounts are suddenly in peril.

A link is only bad if one of the accounts becomes suspended. Then all linked accounts can be closed by association.

Try not to worry over a one time ip link. Just be sure to be more careful going forward.
Old 07-13-2015

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Just because you have shared an ip doesnt mean the accounts are suddenly in peril.

A link is only bad if one of the accounts becomes suspended. Then all linked accounts can be closed by association.

Try not to worry over a one time ip link. Just be sure to be more careful going forward.
This is somewhat true.

I've linked my accounts by accident and they're still okay.

1 IP mishap is usually not strong enough to create link IF your for instance tethering and ALWAYS have a different IP when you log in. But if your using a static and say that is the IP you log in with, chances are more likely you just created a link.

If ALL accounts got linked by ONE IP link then anyone who goes to a coffee shop would be out of business. There are plenty of people who do business in public areas and those IP's more than likely have some bad account associated BUT it depends on the AGE of your account and how you use your internet.

Again if its a static that you ONLY used for the account that got banned then yes its a link but if that account used a different IP every log in and the account good account does also then chances are your safe. Just don't make it a habit.

And its always good to leave a small amount in your paypal but withdrew regularly, like yankee said.
Old 07-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

its all about that balance....
Old 07-13-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
This is somewhat true.

I've linked my accounts by accident and they're still okay.

1 IP mishap is usually not strong enough to create link IF your for instance tethering and ALWAYS have a different IP when you log in. But if your using a static and say that is the IP you log in with, chances are more likely you just created a link.

If ALL accounts got linked by ONE IP link then anyone who goes to a coffee shop would be out of business. There are plenty of people who do business in public areas and those IP's more than likely have some bad account associated BUT it depends on the AGE of your account and how you use your internet.

Again if its a static that you ONLY used for the account that got banned then yes its a link but if that account used a different IP every log in and the account good account does also then chances are your safe. Just don't make it a habit.

And its always good to leave a small amount in your paypal but withdrew regularly, like yankee said.
Absolutely. For a definitive link you need more than a one time ip link.
Old 07-13-2015

Longevity: 55%

Are the 2 accounts selling the same products?
Old 07-13-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandleww View Post
What to do immediately once you realize you may have linked 2 stealth accounts
all the above plus: create others account for backup
Old 07-13-2015

Make the homepage for your browser a ip checking site to prevent this from happening.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxrange For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-13-2015)
Old 07-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ody12 View Post
Are the 2 accounts selling the same products?
no different products. I use a different ip address each time i log in to both accounts.
Old 07-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
Make the homepage for your browser a ip checking site to prevent this from happening.
i am using ip burger. the problem is that i use cell phone tethering. my cell phone provide (Sprint) remotely restarts my cell phone sometimes when it thinks i'm tethering because i do not pay for tethering. When it does this i get a new ip address that could have already been used and also when it does this my phones wifi gets turned on and it auto connects and gets used for the tether connection.

I got sloppy and did not make my cell phone forget my home wifi login and it auto connected when my cell phone was restarted. My computer then used my home wifi through my cell phone tether.
Old 07-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
Perfect.
Old 07-14-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandleww View Post
What are the immediate steps that should be taken to try to prevent losing access to the available funds on both PP accounts?
Sh!t your pants...then relax and don't do it again.
Old 07-14-2015

Longevity: 72%

It's happened to me, and nothing really ever happened, just be more careful.

I think we have an idea that there's a huge, well lit command center with lots of consoles and huge screens showing the entire world and when IP duplicates happen sirens and red lights go off and the whole operation goes on full alert with thousands of men and women moving to stomp out the offender!

In reality, there's nothing but a big bunch of server banks saving data in a huge building, and the staff is one lonely janitor who sleeps instead of working, and unless somebody has a reason to look nobody ever knows jack, or cares.
Old 07-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
In reality, there's nothing but a big bunch of server banks saving data in a huge building, and the staff is one lonely janitor who sleeps instead of working, and unless somebody has a reason to look nobody ever knows jack, or cares.
Those contain algorithms we can only guess at.

Your right one time USUALLY shouldn't flag the account but its possible. Again it really comes down to how you were using your ip to begin with AND the age of the account plays an enormous factor.

If you always had a static and switched it to the burned IP on accident compared to always having a changing IP and it accidentally switched to the burned IP...I'm sure we could all pick the better one out of the two.

Live & learn.

I did it and did it again and again in the beginning..

Now its so ingrained in me its almost impossible to screw up.