Accidently Logged in with suspended IP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Accidently Logged in with suspended IP

Hello everyone, I have been using a stealth account for 5 Months now, I have two Wifi connections at home. One of the Wifi is associated with the previous suspended account. By the way I was suspended because I had some defective returns from buyers, and performance level was below standard at the time. Anyway today, I was logged into my stealth account through the Wifi which I was I using for the previous suspended account. I was online for about 4-5 hrs and Listed about 15 times, and afterwards I realized I was logged in with the wrong Wifi. I have comcast and I am suppose to have dynamic IP but My IP address has been the same for the last 2 years.

I have just did this once today. My question is how will this affect my account, Will Ebay will be able to Link my account due to this one incident. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Accidently Logged in with suspended IP

No one knows for sure, hopefully not happens but there is a chance it can cause you some problems. Just be more careful in the future and make sure to always log your ips and check them before you login to your account.

If you get tired of logging ips all the times then can go the VPN or VPS route
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - one time is unlikely to cause issue but make sure not to repeat
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
sax4 (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

The eBay system takes into consideration many things when linking the accounts.
5 months ago when I was selling on eBay, I had about 5 accounts running on the same IP, which was definitely stupid of me, so one of the accounts got 'Below Standard' status and it ultimately got suspended because I didn't do anything about it but I didn't worry too much because I still had the other 4 accounts to sell on until they got linked the next month or two and another 2 of my accounts were suspended due to the linkage. I was also selling the same items on all the accounts and when you sum it up, there was no reason for eBay not to ban my accounts. No one knows for sure whether or not your accounts are jeopardized but let's otherwise.
Old 08-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 81%

Ip address just one part of the picture
Old 08-10-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

As long as there's a 1mo gap in between since that account got limited, you are good, careful next time.
Old 08-10-2015

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%

I think when this happens it does create a link BUT if you don't do it again you should be okay.

One time usually isn't strong enough to get a limitation and I think that once you log in enough times with different IP's that "link" falls off.

I've said before, if eBay limited everyone who logged into a bad IP then ANYONE who logs into their eBay or paypal from a public IP like starbucks would get limited. Its just not realistic.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (08-12-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I agree I have accidentally done it in the past myself using the same IP for accounts. Like other posters just try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Old 08-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Yeah, if it was a one time thing then you should be ok. I agree with a lot of the post above here. I think it takes a lot more than just a repeat IP address, but I would avoid letting it happen again.
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 51%

one time shouldn't cause any problems. I had this happen a few times with some of my stealth accounts, and they're still fine.
Old 08-14-2015

Longevity: 60%

It happened to me few moths ago and account is still running,
however one thing that did happened since then is that this
account haven't got limits raised, and it still frozen on 100
items per month. Not sure if there is a link between that
ip incident to limit not being raised.
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 73%

I also think a lot depends on how far" they" want to dig to get you .. selling the same items leave the same feedback on linked accounts its all the little things that adds up to a total you have been linked.. Just depends on the helpy helperton looking into it .. Sometimes I will get a warning not to sell that item again and other times get suspended for same occurrence both accs same in standings its just the Ahole looking into it...
Just be more careful sure don't want a second .
And if I read right you said you dynamic correct WHY NOT SPOOF IT get rid out that suspended address makes next time u mess up safer
just google spoof my ip address
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 53%

I got a good account few years around 50 feedback limited to 10 items a month. I created another account same info except card info on same IP. Listed a few household items. 4 hours later suspended with the one email high risk I can't never use eBay to sell or buy. My first account on the IP never was touched and it's been 6 months since then

I have no clue why they didn't touch that account but the new one but I'm not complaining
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 69%

The more I think about it, the less I believe IP addresses lead to suspensions. If I get repeats after two weeks then there must be literally thousands of us logging in on identical IP's. That doesn't mean I'm going to start logging into all my accounts from the same IP address but with the millions of people using cell phones today to shop on eBay the less important I believe IP address is really are.

Now a static (or dynamic ) ip from a cable provider might be looked at differently, but as far as cellular ip's? Id bet at least 1/3 -1/2 of all mobile IP addresses have been associated with an account that has been suspended.

Last edited by jojo2012; 08-16-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2012 View Post
The more I think about it, the less I believe IP addresses lead to suspensions. If I get repeats after two weeks then there must be literally thousands of us logging in on identical IP's. That doesn't mean I'm going to start logging into all my accounts from the same IP address but with the millions of people using cell phones today to shop on eBay the less important I believe IP address is really are.

Now a static (or dynamic ) ip from a cable provider might be looked at differently, but as far as cellular ip's? Id bet at least 1/3 -1/2 of all mobile IP addresses have been associated with an account that has been suspended.
While i doubt it would be that high, it's certainly possible.
Ebay doesn't just link accounts using IPs, they will check the other information and then make a decision.

Logging on once should be fine, however make sure it doesn't happen again
Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3X View Post
While i doubt it would be that high, it's certainly possible.
Ebay doesn't just link accounts using IPs, they will check the other information and then make a decision.

Logging on once should be fine, however make sure it doesn't happen again
Made this mistake myself. First off it usually only matters if it is linked to a previously suspended account. Secondly it normally not a one time IP link but more similarities between items and listings, etc.

Do your best not to do it again and make sure to keep your accounts in good standing and you will be fine.