Help!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Help!!!

Ok, so I purchased what was listed as a brand new xbox one. When I received it, it was clearly not brand new, the cover on the box for the xbox (not the package but the graphics cover over the xbox) was ripped etc etc. This was a gift so I couldn't give it like this, opened return case. Seller says "oh its ups's fault, open claim with them". I just wanted to return it to him, so I had eBay "help", but just got this:

We need you to provide us with documentation from a qualified 3rd party showing the current condition of the items and any potential repair costs. You can provide this proof by responding to the email sent with further information.

WTF hahaha I really feel like just doing a chargeback but Ill leave that as a last resort. So do I bring it to Best Buy or something? And who TF gives documentation for this?! What should I do?!, Any good company email templates I could get creative with? Thank
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Help!!!

This came from eBay??? I've never heard of them protecting a seller this way! Usually, the buyer is not satisfied, eBay tells the buyer to return the item and gets a refund from the seller.

I don't know who a "qualified third party" would be. Does their email say that, or is this email coming from the SELLER?

I know how UPS works, and if you file a claim with them saying the item was damaged, but the shipping box is NOT damaged, the claim will be denied. And they would actually be right to do that, because it SOUNDS like the item must have been a customer return.

If the notice is from eBay, I would call them and ask them just WHO is a "qualified third party". I would also complain that it is ridiculous that someone can sell you a used item as new, and then you have to jump through hoops to return it.

Was this a small time seller, or a big company like Best Buy selling on eBay?

This is why I will never buy electronics at Overstock.com - I was burned one too many times by them selling a used or refurbished item as new. The last item actually had a half-eaten sandwich in the box! I don't think they even looked at it before they sent it out.

Was the seller, in their email to you, telling you to file a claim with the UPS because the item was NEW?
Old 08-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
This came from eBay??? I've never heard of them protecting a seller this way! Usually, the buyer is not satisfied, eBay tells the buyer to return the item and gets a refund from the seller.

I don't know who a "qualified third party" would be. Does their email say that, or is this email coming from the SELLER?

I know how UPS works, and if you file a claim with them saying the item was damaged, but the shipping box is NOT damaged, the claim will be denied. And they would actually be right to do that, because it SOUNDS like the item must have been a customer return.

If the notice is from eBay, I would call them and ask them just WHO is a "qualified third party". I would also complain that it is ridiculous that someone can sell you a used item as new, and then you have to jump through hoops to return it.

Was this a small time seller, or a big company like Best Buy selling on eBay?

This is why I will never buy electronics at Overstock.com - I was burned one too many times by them selling a used or refurbished item as new. The last item actually had a half-eaten sandwich in the box! I don't think they even looked at it before they sent it out.

Was the seller, in their email to you, telling you to file a claim with the UPS because the item was NEW?
LOL Yeah, I think the customer support guy was just having a bad day lmao. Yeah Ill just call them and talk to them, hopefully I can bypass all of this BS. This was a very small seller...The email came from EBAY not the seller. The seller was trying to get me to file a claim with UPS because he says he sent a "new" Xbox one but what I received is clearly not...Anyways, Im not going to do that, he can. I just want my money back! But yeah, Ill call eBay
Old 08-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I WILL say that if this WAS a legitimate damage claim, then YOU as the person who received it would have to actually file the claim, per UPS rules. The rules are the same with almost ALL shippers, I guess the reasoning is that the person who received it is the only person who can actually describe the damage. But that clearly does not sound like the case here.

This just shocks me, because I have never seen eBay protecting a seller like this before. Especially not a small-time seller. Maybe if you are Dell, or Best But or NewEgg, but not just a mom and pop.
Old 08-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I WILL say that if this WAS a legitimate damage claim, then YOU as the person who received it would have to actually file the claim, per UPS rules. The rules are the same with almost ALL shippers, I guess the reasoning is that the person who received it is the only person who can actually describe the damage. But that clearly does not sound like the case here.

This just shocks me, because I have never seen eBay protecting a seller like this before. Especially not a small-time seller. Maybe if you are Dell, or Best But or NewEgg, but not just a mom and pop.
Yeah, I was more pissed that shocked when I read the email from eBay asking for the info...I googled similar cases and only found 2 other cases like this, but they just called and had it taken care of...prob some guy in india having a bad day and wants to make sh*t difficult for a simple return...BTW, this is a brand new stealth account, first order. I have 100% feedback from a few sales as well.
Old 08-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

LOL wow never thought I'd see the day an ebay employee would have the seller's back
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 70%

Ebay was getting slammed by scammers not to long ago. They have have been going with the sellers alot more now. Especially with phones and electronics. It got so bad ebay was in serious trouble,
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 53%

Open a dispute with eBay, you will win it.
Old 08-16-2015

Longevity: 68%

What is this nonsense, ebay protecting the seller not the buyer?
I think a letter for a retailer that sells xboxes would suffice.