Help with eBay needed. Should I get eBay Stealth? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Help with eBay needed. Should I get eBay Stealth?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and after reading alot on here I decided to register as I could really do with some help and advice.

I have been selling on eBay with two separate business accounts, one is over a year old, and the other is around 5 months old. Both are registered to the same name, address and other details - these details are of my friend who allowed me to use them, this friend also has a personal account. So thats three accounts in total, my friends personal one which is rarely used, and my two business accounts which are used constantly and both for different product categories.

The accounts are legitimate, however I still started them off selling low value and low risk items, and gradually built it up and have been selling high risk items. I've been selling high risk electronics which are 100% Authentic and the real deal, I have trade accounts with loads of distributors for popular and expensive items. I've been selling them successfully and then about 6 months ago I had my PayPal account limited for 'breaching the acceptable use policy' as they assumed I was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. After sending in all the required documents, such as legit invoices, they immediately reinstated my account fully and I carried on trading. Until now, I have just had the newer eBay account and my friends personal eBay account restricted from selling. The newer business account was indefinitely restricted from selling for 'a history of high risk selling activity' and because 'they have concerns over my selling practises and business model' - And the personal account was restricted because is appears to me associated with the other account.

In the email to the personal account, they say its because it looks like its linked to the other account, and I need to resolve their concerns. It says to click a link, and it also says 'learn more about using multiple accounts' - so it sounds like they do not like the multiple accounts. However in the email to the other account, it sounds like they think I'm selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Meanwhile, they currently haven't restricted the more established business account. I don't know whether I could get away with selling on here or not? In the past the more established account had listings removed as the brand owner had obviously reported the listings, however eBay clearly valued my business as normally they would restrict right away, but they only gave me a warning. Is this why they haven't restricted it now, because they value it, or because they haven't seen it yet?

I don't know what to do, should I contact them and offer to provide them with invoices for all my genuine items? I also don't want to bring attention to the account they have not yet restricted, because I have tonnes of stock which I was building up for Xmas, maybe I could get away with quickly selling it off. Would they listen if I send them invoices?

Or, should I forget about these accounts and start some stealth accounts? Do stealth accounts still work, as all the info I find has been posted years ago?

Sorry for the long post, But I'm abit stuck about what to do next! Hope you can help. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Help with eBay needed. Should I get eBay Stealth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACA2015 View Post
Or, should I forget about these accounts and start some stealth accounts? Do stealth accounts still work, as all the info I find has been posted years ago?
You are doomed, stealth does not exist anymore since paypal and ebay discovered this forum last year. All the members are gone too.

Buy the stealth guide, take a day off to read it and posts on the forum, after that come back to ask questions
Old 08-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Selling high risk items on eBay is difficult, even with legitimate accounts and legitimate items.

It never hurts to try to get an account back, since there is nothing to lose.

But YES, you should also start some more stealth accounts.
Old 08-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

The stealth guide is youre best starting point.
But learning how to do things properly goes far beyond that. A lot of the finer point can be researched and there is no substitute for experience.
Old 08-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Do stealth accounts still work
When did they stop working all together?

Quote:
as all the info I find has been posted years ago?
lol what? sorry but there is new post every day.
Old 08-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Selling high risk items on eBay is difficult, even with legitimate accounts and legitimate items.

It never hurts to try to get an account back, since there is nothing to lose.

But YES, you should also start some more stealth accounts.
I could try and plead my case, as its a genuine account, selling genuine items. I run a legit business (we sell alot of branded items) and its a limited company with loads of invoices. But from what I've heard they never listen or even consider allowing an appeal? Also I am worried that if I contact them it will attract attention to the account they haven't yet restricted.

I will get the stealth guide, so I can sort myself out for the future, but for these accounts I use currently - I just don't know what to do :/
Old 08-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
When did they stop working all together?

lol what? sorry but there is new post every day.

Never said they didn't work, just wondered if they did, as all the posts I had read prior to my thread were made many years ago and I assumed eBay are trying their best to remain one step ahead
Old 08-29-2015

Longevity: 70%

Even if you save that account. Set up stealth anyway just in case trust me you will regret if you don't.
Old 08-29-2015
Threadstarter  

I will definitely be doing that - need to plan for the future as I'm not prepared to give it up!

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to proceed with my current accounts... one which is restricted and the othet is not, the one which isn't restricted is well established and successful but linkable.

Should I -

A). Try and continue using the unrestricted account as normal

B). Change the name and address and other details, and access it with a VPS before I continue using it

C). Contact eBay about the restricted account and plead my case (may bring attention to my unrestricted account)

Those are the only options I can think of, any thoughts?
Old 08-30-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Just let you know some members here have over 10 accounts
Old 08-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayward View Post
Just let you know some members here have over 10 accounts

Yeah stealth accounts maybe, but my accounts are legitimate accounts
Old 08-30-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Yeah stealth accounts maybe, but my accounts are legitimate accounts
Yeah, I meant it was never too late to have EBAY accounts as many as possible

Cheers