Got 0/0 limits, called ebay - address and name not in database? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Got 0/0 limits, called ebay - address and name not in database?

I got 0/0 limits on the first ebay account I tried to make. I figured I would make a few mistakes and it is good for me to learn that way. I called in and they said that the name associated with my account (some random name I made up) was not associated with the address i gave them (some random home address near my Dedicated IP) according to their "database". Is this something I have to be cognizant of when I create account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2015

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Got 0/0 limits, called ebay - address and name not in database?

What did you do for the phone number account?
And where did you get the address from?
Old 09-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjjj View Post
What did you do for the phone number account?
And where did you get the address from?
Phone number was google voice (I'm guessing this was where I went wrong)

As for address I actually just looked at the classified ads for homes for sale in the region where my IP was and just picked some nice looking house haha
Old 09-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVMay View Post

As for address I actually just looked at the classified ads for homes for sale in the region where my IP was and just picked some nice looking house haha
Yeah that was your issue right there, dont use Google Voice instead use a real tracfone

Last edited by 123; 09-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2015

Longevity: 50%

Yep.. Any free service is most likely not going to work..
Old 09-27-2015
Threadstarter  

jjjjj I got your pm but can't respond till 20 posts (new user).
Old 10-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:

Google Voice results in 0/0. You CAN use it successfully, but you need to call eBay and talk them into raising your limits.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
write (10-05-2015)
Old 10-03-2015

Longevity: 51%

and calling may put the account in danger.. if you are lucky enough, you can get it right... but rather the best solution is use tracfone..
Old 10-03-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

use PORTGO.

It is a safe software to receive calls from EBAY or AMAZON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mayward For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-04-2015), write (10-05-2015)
Old 10-03-2015
auctionessistance

Longevity: 0%

Try using a different phone number, not any free ones. Some VoIPs don't work either like Twilio. If you can't get a phone in stores, you can always try the sellers here: Account Services (MISC) - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums
Old 10-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoolguy View Post
and calling may put the account in danger.. if you are lucky enough, you can get it right... but rather the best solution is use tracfone..
Sorry buddy, but you've been drinking the wrong kool-aid.

How many times have you called eBay? Oh, right....0. You read about GreenBean, or someone else saying it's a bad idea, so you parrot it back like a puppet.

Read the thread in my sig. Goes over in great detail how easy it is. Also, testimonials from DOZENS of others stating it works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
jjjjj (10-03-2015), write (10-05-2015)
Old 10-03-2015

Longevity: 60%

i click your link but takes me to subscribers area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Sorry buddy, but you've been drinking the wrong kool-aid.

How many times have you called eBay? Oh, right....0. You read about GreenBean, or someone else saying it's a bad idea, so you parrot it back like a puppet.

Read the thread in my sig. Goes over in great detail how easy it is. Also, testimonials from DOZENS of others stating it works.
Old 10-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojosky View Post
i click your link but takes me to subscribers area?
Solefoodbk:

Quote:
It really depeneds on how your able to speak (i.e confidently answering questions). Knowing what they will ask ahead of time is a huge bonus but you obviously have to call in to know what they will ask.

Its never wise to as it opens up the possibility to ahve your account scrutinized. I myself call in for raises frequently but am more than confident in all my responses (i know what they will ask me everytime) I also keep a notebook near so if they ask something I don't already know like "whats your birthday" you HAVE to write it down.

This is where you can get caught because when they ask questions like this its stored in their system so if you call in again and you "forget your birthday" your accounts history.

Usually after after 4-5 months of selling with good feedback and sales you can call in and have no issue.

What happens if they ask for database questions still ??......

All I say is when I opened the account the rep told me she couldn't intially find me in the database since I recently moved apartments and haven't had a permanant living situation for a couple years now. 6 months is the general rule for your address repopulating in the database.

Once you get one raise you can just piggy back your response if they ever ask for database questions as you can say well I already got the limit raise before so there shouldn't be a problem etc..
Me:

Quote:
Great advice all around. I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who's realized calling eBay is NOT the end of the world. The only additional piece of advice I would add is to have some low-risk product stock prepped for the rep. I usually call in on day 1 and when they ask about my inventory I tell them I'm about to move and I'm getting rid of my personal collection of (books, old comics, baby clothes, etc). Doesn't matter what it is, but the bottom line is this:

I'm basically giving the rep the impression that I'm just a newbie trying to get rid of some stuff lying around my house. Also important to note is that I have A LOT of stuff I need to get rid of in a certain time period---because of my large library of books that I want to sell before I move---this enables the rep to feel empathy
"Hey, this guy is just trying to get some extra room and cash before he moves. He needs the limit increase, I'm going to help him out!"

eBay reps are just people like you and me. They have a job to do, and they're trying to make a living so they can pay rent and put food on the table for themselves and their family, just like the rest of us. They aren't some all-knowing evil monster hell-bent on destroying your business----they are simply doing their jobs as best they can. As long as you seem like a regular joe just trying to do a little business on eBay, you'll be fine.
solefoodbk:

Quote:
Another thing to always remember is if you have a bad feeling about a rep you NEED to get off the call before you ask for a limit increase. Its all about feeling out the rep, some are in good moods, some are in bad moods, some are just normal (like ghost said their human lol).

This is important because if they are having a bad day they might just "feel like" answering you questions that aren't typically asked.

Another BIG difference when calling in is the India reps follow a script, the reps from the USA don't. This is a pretty big factor that can either play in your favor or end your account
me:

Quote:
Great point. To add a little detail, my personal experience has been as follows:

The rep answers the phone and asks who they are speaking to, I respond "John Doe", and then ask them how their day is....the response is crucial. If they seem to answer in a light-hearted way and say their day is going well, much like you'd expect a friend to respond, you're in the clear. But if they seem curt and abrupt in their response, GTFO. Drop your phone and then yell at it from 2 feet away to make it sound like you have a bad connection, then hang up.

DO NOT just hang up without any warning---this will tip them off.

Like sole said: if they are having a bad day, they can make your day bad too. In my personal experience, this is rare---usually, the worst I'll get is a low-limit increase (20% or so) and once in while a denial for an increase (just call in later). Only once have I been requested for documents, and this was AFTER he raised my limits 500%. (Documents required for future increases)
Theres a lot more in the thread, but that's enough advice to get you an increase, I guarantee it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Arkham_Joker (10-04-2015)
Old 10-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Also, in the UK, you guys have chat. From what I've HEARD, it's even easier than calling. That's from other UK members though, I live in the US, so I can't speak personally on the matter.
Old 10-04-2015

Use a friends name to his actual address. Use an old girlfriends name with her old address.

Basically, use a name that is actually associated with that address. You will avoid a lot of problems that way. You keep using a name that does not match public records and you will probably face calling in and answering questions you dont know the answers to and then still be limited.
Old 10-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
Use a friends name to his actual address. Use an old girlfriends name with her old address.

Basically, use a name that is actually associated with that address. You will avoid a lot of problems that way. You keep using a name that does not match public records and you will probably face calling in and answering questions you dont know the answers to and then still be limited.
This is bad advice.

First, you need to get permission to use this REAL info. If you don't, you're committing FRAUD, which is a crime.

Second, if your friend/girlfriend decides they want an eBay account later down the line, you're FORCING them to learn and use stealth, because you've already used and abused their info on your accounts.

Finally, calling eBay is a cinch, and 90% of the time the reps don't even ask the "identity verification questions" if you act calm, cool, and collected. I'm not the only one who has noticed this.
Old 10-06-2015

Longevity: 68%
Question Re: Got 0/0 limits, called ebay - address and name not in database?

Quote:
I got 0/0 limits on the first ebay account I tried to make. I figured I would make a few mistakes and it is good for me to learn that way. I called in and they said that the name associated with my account (some random name I made up) was not associated with the address i gave them (some random home address near my Dedicated IP) according to their "database". Is this something I have to be cognizant of when I create account?

Do you get the 0/0 limits after listing the item or at the moment you try listing it just suspends you?
Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Also, in the UK, you guys have chat. From what I've HEARD, it's even easier than calling. That's from other UK members though, I live in the US, so I can't speak personally on the matter.
Used live chat on 2 accounts today and both went from 10 / 650 too 75 / 2600 just by asking nicely.
Old 10-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojosky View Post
Used live chat on 2 accounts today and both went from 10 / 650 too 75 / 2600 just by asking nicely.
There you go. Live Chat is the best way for UK members. US members have to call, which is about 2% more difficult.
Old 10-08-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

All you have to do is say the same thing you would type to a person and your fine?

2% more easier to call in.

Old 10-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
All you have to do is say the same thing you would type to a person and your fine?

2% more easier to call in.

Yeah, but if you say something like that there will be a giant pile of people saying how its so "risky" and "liable to get indefinite suspensions on all your accounts" and that "Godzilla and King Kong will team up to destroy your home and everything you care about" etc etc etc....