To upload tracking on first sale or not... Tis the question! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default To upload tracking on first sale or not... Tis the question!

Should I upload tracking info on my first sale? I'm going to get tracking anyway, but if my user/item is located in California and my item ships out from Montana, I'd imagine that my uploaded tracking might trigger a security review on the first item. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like ebay minds no tracking on the first item as long as no one complains within 21 days (Thus the 21 day hold) and you're willing to resolve any problems that should arise. It seems like ebay understands first-time sellers don't always have the facilities to print off shipping labels online. (Not everyone has a printer, not everyone has printable labels.)

After a while (After 60 days where ebay 'trusts me more'), I'm guessing tracking with different origination info wouldn't be a big deal.

Last edited by swbluto; 10-01-2015 at 01:56 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: To upload tracking on first sale or not... Tis the question!

dude dude dude let me help you out here... this does not matter man. just ship out as you usually would and upload it
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 54%

Upload the tracking. Period. Doesn't matter where you ship from, where your account says you live, etc. They do not care...they just want to see that the buyer got their item. There is no excuse not to upload tracking.
Old 10-01-2015
MU

Longevity: 52%

All point of tracking number is that ebay can see whether buyer received item or not, it's also more secure when you need to resolve some dispute.
Without tracking number you will loose dispute even if you will send item as promised.
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 54%

If you don't provide tracking from the get-go and buyer says they didn't receive it....then you provide a tracking number after they've already opened a dispute, you are going to be in a world of hurt.
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

NEVER not upload tracking IMO.
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post
Should I upload tracking info on my first sale? I'm going to get tracking anyway, but if my user/item is located in California and my item ships out from Montana, I'd imagine that my uploaded tracking might trigger a security review on the first item. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like ebay minds no tracking on the first item as long as no one complains within 21 days (Thus the 21 day hold) and you're willing to resolve any problems that should arise. It seems like ebay understands first-time sellers don't always have the facilities to print off shipping labels online. (Not everyone has a printer, not everyone has printable labels.)

After a while (After 60 days where ebay 'trusts me more'), I'm guessing tracking with different origination info wouldn't be a big deal.
Every comment is correct in response to your post. All they want to see is that you are shipping the buyers item out. But if you do not upload tracking, then that can cause defects and problems for you.
Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 49%

ACTUALLY. New accounts.....If ALL of his items show they are being shipped from different areas IE: amazon warehouses, his account can be flagged as a drop ship account. Its not against the rules but Ebay will ask "are you in possession" of the items you are selling. Aged accounts that are proven safe can fly by. But new accounts that have nothing but drop ship sending points can be flagged.
A way around this is: Print out the shipping label, yes it will cost you mabye 3 dollars for first class postage but now you can altar the address slightly to maybe the neighbors house. Put RESIDENT as the recipient and just change the address so it still goes to an actual address in the same city. Mail it off like its a letter pretty much the same time the actual item will arrive to your actual buyer. Yuo now have tracking that came from your address and arrived in the same location as where the actual item was shipped.

I know its a bit more compicated than uploading tracking from Amazon but this way you have nothing linking you to amazon or any dropshipping service.
Use it or not. Just some info to pass along for new accounts.
Old 12-10-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
ACTUALLY. New accounts.....If ALL of his items show they are being shipped from different areas IE: amazon warehouses, his account can be flagged as a drop ship account. Its not against the rules but Ebay will ask "are you in possession" of the items you are selling. Aged accounts that are proven safe can fly by. But new accounts that have nothing but drop ship sending points can be flagged.
A way around this is: Print out the shipping label, yes it will cost you mabye 3 dollars for first class postage but now you can altar the address slightly to maybe the neighbors house. Put RESIDENT as the recipient and just change the address so it still goes to an actual address in the same city. Mail it off like its a letter pretty much the same time the actual item will arrive to your actual buyer. Yuo now have tracking that came from your address and arrived in the same location as where the actual item was shipped.

I know its a bit more compicated than uploading tracking from Amazon but this way you have nothing linking you to amazon or any dropshipping service.
Use it or not. Just some info to pass along for new accounts.
The problem with this is even if you alter the address both yours and the buyers the package is still accepted in the state of your post office where you dropped off your package/letter. So if the stealth account is lets say from California but the guy lives in New York then they will see the tracking numbers being scanned first as acceptance in New york not california which looks like drop shipping. Not sure how much they care about this but it could raise some flags.
Old 12-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
ACTUALLY. New accounts.....If ALL of his items show they are being shipped from different areas IE: amazon warehouses, his account can be flagged as a drop ship account. Its not against the rules but Ebay will ask "are you in possession" of the items you are selling. Aged accounts that are proven safe can fly by. But new accounts that have nothing but drop ship sending points can be flagged

Talk about over complication.

Address can be described as seller's disbursement centre.

Old 12-10-2015

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Talk about over complication.

Address can be described as seller's disbursement centre.

We should nominate GreenBean as the Aspkin Sheriff.