Is it true that when a UK banned account can open an international account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Is it true that when a UK banned account can open an international account?

Upon a recent discussion with Channel Advisor we discussed the topic of banned accounts as one of our hurdles for signing up with them (its multi channel software). The person we spoke with was clearly very knowledgeable in all things eCommerce and after a few phone calls back and forth he told me the best way of getting around this would be to open a business account internationally. It would seem logical that if you were banned from ebay.co.uk that you were banned from all but he seemed sure this was not the case. Due to the experience of him and his company (especially the people he verified this information with) I'm keen to find if anyone has tried this and of course the outcome of this.

My own thoughts would be that this was pointless and an obvious link but if it was a legit way of getting back on for business purposes then certainly one I'd be exploring.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Is it true that when a UK banned account can open an international account?

I have not experiment with using old info on different ebay platforms. I figure it's just easier not to mess with old info /period
Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Is it true that when a UK banned account can open an international account?

What do you mean by open a business account "internationally"?

I admit i don't know a lot about business accounts.. Just curious what you mean.
Old 10-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
What do you mean by open a business account "internationally"?

I admit i don't know a lot about business accounts.. Just curious what you mean.
Well, a business account being an account specifically registered under a business such as a LTD company. I realise this normally has to link back to a person but it may go some way to bypassing a lot of the linking aspects.

I was told that people can open an account abroad, the example used was Germany in which you can set up a company there for a small fee and then open an ebay account using the business details. With this you would offer items internationally to the UK. As you're already in the UK it would effectively then be as good as supplying directly within the UK.
Old 10-08-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by techworld View Post
Well, a business account being an account specifically registered under a business such as a LTD company. I realise this normally has to link back to a person but it may go some way to bypassing a lot of the linking aspects.

I was told that people can open an account abroad, the example used was Germany in which you can set up a company there for a small fee and then open an ebay account using the business details. With this you would offer items internationally to the UK. As you're already in the UK it would effectively then be as good as supplying directly within the UK.
sounds legit. but what do you mean you can set up company there? is there a way to set up a stealth company there? how much do you have to pay?