Stealth EBay Asking Me To Verify Personal Information - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-09-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Stealth EBay Asking Me To Verify Personal Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
So, what happens if eBay can not identify any of the info someone makes up (stealth) against the public database? Will they ask for ID, utility bill, etc?
YUP, they WILL ask you for photo id/utility.

I made a thread yesterday stating how I planned to use my friends information and partner up with him so in the event ebay asks for such information EVERYTHING will be genuine...the response I got from everyone on the forum was extremely negative and discouraging....everyone saying things like "you are not experienced do not do this," or "make up the docs if they ask" (not legal).

It's great how the VERY next day you post this thread and pretty much completely prove my point.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2016

Longevity: 67%

What point? That you're scared and confused on how stealth works... so much that you're going to be giving your friend 15% of your profits just to use his financial information?

A few days ago you thought cookies were the same as IPs, and you didn't even know what a windows user account was. Please stop trying to make points, or preach 'legality' issues to people who have been doing this for years, instead try to actually learn and apply yourself to stealth.

At the very least, just admit you're terrified and completely confused on the process of stealth, so much so that now you're just projecting your fears, and telling us that it's much better to just 'partner up' with a friend to solve the issue of eb suspensions.

Pretty soon you're going to have to start to 'stealth' here if you keep that line of logic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (02-09-2016), XTC4ME (02-10-2016)
Old 02-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
What point? That you're scared and confused on how stealth works... so much that you're going to be giving your friend 15% of your profits just to use his financial information?

A few days ago you thought cookies were the same as IPs, and you didn't even know what a windows user account was. Please stop trying to make points, or preach 'legality' issues to people who have been doing this for years, instead try to actually learn and apply yourself to stealth.

At the very least, just admit you're terrified and completely confused on the process of stealth, so much so that now you're just projecting your fears, and telling us that it's much better to just 'partner up' with a friend to solve the issue of eb suspensions.

Pretty soon you're going to have to start to 'stealth' here if you keep that line of logic

I never said I was an "expert" in stealth..and as I mentioned before I am NEW to all of this..that is besides the point.

The bottom line remains that the points I made about the docs are legit ones..and the proof is LITERALLY IN THIS THREAD if you simply look over the responses.
Old 02-09-2016

eb/pp has very little in the way of proving if docs are legit or not, and as the god GoA said you can bull**** your way on the phone though most other problems... that's why people easily get around them.

What was your point again? What proof is in this thread?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (02-10-2016)
Old 02-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
I never said I was an "expert" in stealth..and as I mentioned before I am NEW to all of this..that is besides the point.

The bottom line remains that the points I made about the docs are legit ones..and the proof is LITERALLY IN THIS THREAD if you simply look over the responses.
I am NOT a tech guy by any means and I am new to stealth yes....I admit all that with open arms.

BUT....I am simply not wrong on this point..cmon man..just look at the OP's question and look at the responses offered..its the exact issue I was mentioning in my previous thread.

The only answers the OP has gotten are...
1) Lie about how long you have been living at an address and then lie AGAIN abut your previous address and history.

OR

2) my option..go through a friend and provide ALL legit docs.

If you were ebay.... which of these three would YOU pass.. it should be pretty obvious.

Yes I understand the risks of using a friends account..but the bottom line remains that my POINT about the safest way to build a long term account that will solid and stand the test of any inquiries regarding docs is through a friend/family.

EVEN THE stealth guide MENTIONS THIS

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-10-2016 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-09-2016

At one point everyone here was comfortable on our own accounts in our own names with our house address, SSN and all that jazz and slept easy knowing we can give eb/pp our 'legit' documents anytime they're requested.

We were all at that point once, then we got suspended or had a very close call with suspension, and for better or worse, now we're here.

Stealth shouldn't be about moral 'rights or wrongs', it should be about creating security for the individual with a marketplace and payment processor who reserves to right to, and usually does, give you a suspension the first time you drop the ball. No second chances, nothing-- good bye.

Even if you end up going with your friends information, that's still a single basket for your eggs, in a harsh and unforgiving marketplace.

It's not like we're getting suspended weekly, I've only been suspended once, back in 2012, but I see the value and throw myself at stealth because I want to know my ability to make money on ebay and through paypal will be secure for years to come.

And to answer your question, 'which of these three would you pass', again eb has very little in the way of proving if documents are legit or not, and you can get around not being in a public database (the proof is in this thread.) YOU CAN BEAT THESE REQUEST WITH STEALTH DOCS.

Last edited by Mitsu; 02-09-2016 at 01:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
dicsolovag (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
I am NOT a tech guy by any means and I am new to stealth yes....I admit all that with open arms.

BUT....I am simply not wrong on this point..cmon man..just look at the OP's question and look at the responses offered..its the exact issue I was mentioning in my previous thread.

The only answers the OP has gotten are...
1) Lie about how long you have been living at an address and then lie AGAIN abut your previous address and history.

OR

2) my option..go through a friend and provide ALL legit docs.

If you were ebay.... which of these three would YOU pass.. it should be pretty obvious.

Yes I understand the risks of using a friends account..but the bottom line remains that my POINT about the safest way to build a long term account that will solid and stand the test of any inquiries regarding docs is through a friend/family.

EVEN THE stealth guide MENTIONS THIS
Bottom line:

You are clueless. You have 0 experience in using "stealth" on eBay. Your above assumptions are ALL incorrect. Period.

Furthermore, eBay VERY RARELY requests utility bills or ID's based on a phone call. UNLESS you are stuttering and "forgetting" information, like your birthday.

You need to read the forums and gain some experience before shooting from the hip all over the forum.

Best of luck.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-10-2016 at 05:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (02-10-2016)
Old 02-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Bottom line:

You are clueless. You have 0 experience in using "stealth" on eBay. Your above assumptions are ALL incorrect. Period.

Furthermore, eBay VERY RARELY requests utility bills or ID's based on a phone call. UNLESS you are stuttering and "forgetting" information, like your birthday.

You need to read the forums and gain some experience before shooting from the hip all over the forum.

Best of luck.
When did I say ebay asks for those docs form a phone call?

Last edited by Retailer77; 02-09-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-09-2016

Old 02-09-2016

Longevity: 94%

Retailer77 you really gotta read some more forum. Ill be nice because I didnt see the thread people are referencing you too but yeah you sound like a person who is scared of "ebay coming after you". Thats fine we were all scared but you shouldnt then come on spreading misinformation.

Your question of which is ebay going to prefer means nothing because ebay doesnt know the difference. Honestly there are like thousands of banks and credit unions in the US. Do you think ebay is going to know how every bank statement looks?

Its not illegal to send documents to a place like ebay. They arent a federally regulated company (banks, credit cards are) so all ebay or paypal can really do is ban you from their site. Things only get problematic if you try to use someone elses SS# which IS a federally regulated thing so that is a big NO NO.

You are getting bank accounts in your own name. If paypal deposits the money into the account thats not your fault. Again its not illegal but banks may frown upon it and thus close your account which happens sometimes.

If you think all you have to do is use your friends name and everything will be fine you are in for a surprise because even if you do everything right it might still not save you from ebay/paypal. Thats the entire reason we do stealth. Do you think this is a forum full of people who all did something wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to sdot10 For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (02-09-2016)
Old 02-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Edited: wrong placement.
Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Bottom line:

Best of luck.
Bear in mind this is addressed to the same guy who let an account supposedly making $50,000 monthly go down because he trusted an ebay employee.
Claimed to be making $50,000 monthly but has no idea of tax requirements so possibily not what he protests to be....

Has paid his subscription but not activated it yet....

Reckon you should get my drift,GoA!

Old 02-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Bear in mind this is addressed to the same guy who let an account supposedly making $50,000 monthly go down because he trusted an ebay employee.
Claimed to be making $50,000 monthly but has no idea of tax requirements so possibily not what he protests to be....

Has paid his subscription but not activated it yet....

Reckon you should get my drift,GoA!

Wow. Some people are just clueless.

Retailer: Your best bet is to read the forums. Read as much as you can. Don't rely on the guide alone---eBay and PayPal make changes VERY quickly sometimes and Aspkin doesn't always have the opportunity to update it right away. The forums are the best resource. Use them.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (02-11-2016)
Old 02-17-2016

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Wow. Some people are just clueless.

Retailer: Your best bet is to read the forums. Read as much as you can. Don't rely on the guide alone---eBay and PayPal make changes VERY quickly sometimes and Aspkin doesn't always have the opportunity to update it right away. The forums are the best resource. Use them.
True dat! PayPal asked me to verify my identity...through question & answer method. One of the questions: What was your height on your 3rd Drivers License! Seriously!
Old 02-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Imagine how many times one of these reps get these calls a day? This is why they are so scripted. Its repetition over and over again. Just answer the simple questions and you both a ready to move on...

But if you truly cannot figure out how to make up info

Google f@ke name generator

http://online-generator.com/index.php

Last edited by newjerseymax; 02-17-2016 at 11:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (02-17-2016)
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 49%

Has anyone ever gotten a call from unkwown number shortly after listing an item and it's Ebay ?
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieblondie View Post
Has anyone ever gotten a call from unkwown number shortly after listing an item and it's Ebay ?
Not me. Have you?
Old 04-24-2016

Longevity: 49%

absolutely and most time turns out to be ebay quote checking in
Old 04-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Way to reply 2 months later. lol
Old 04-26-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg005 View Post
True dat! PayPal asked me to verify my identity...through question & answer method. One of the questions: What was your height on your 3rd Drivers License! Seriously!
hahaha What did you say to that one?