Stealth EBay Asking Me To Verify Personal Information - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Stealth EBay Asking Me To Verify Personal Information

I bought a stealth eBay account a couple months ago with 1000/$25,000 limits.

I started selling about a month ago but only listed one product(screen protector).

Today, I tried to list another product in the Consumer Electronics > Portable Audio & Headphones > iPod, Audio Player Accessories > Cables & Adapters category but eBay wouldn't let me list and started asking me to verify my personal information by asking background check questions that I don't have the answers to since its a stealth account. What should I do? Is my stealth account doomed? I didn't try to answer the questions, just closed the window. My other product I listed a month ago is still active.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Stealth EBay Asking Me To Verify Personal Information

Best bet is to ask the seller who sold you this account how to go forward
Old 10-27-2015

Longevity: 53%

It's just a category restriction because the account is new. The Cell Phone Accessory category is watched very closely by eBay. You need to sell dollar store junk or stuff around your house (not cell phone related) for a little while. Once you get a bit of a reputation and the account passes 90 days from first sale, you won't get prompted for that info anymore.

Then you can sell your profitless screen protectors, lol..
Old 10-27-2015

Longevity: 49%

Happened to me two days ago in a different category. I answered none of the above to the "background question," then it told me to call in to eBay. I called in, acted like nothing was wrong, they asked me some random questions, I answered. They said my address is real but a public records search says I don't live there and I don't exist. Then he said he was going to check with PayPal to see if my info is the same there, it is, so he told me to proceed and actually raised my limit.

I'm new so I'm not offering advice, just telling you what happened two days ago. I was just being cool and acting like I'm new to eBay and confused.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CDub For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-28-2015), ilcarletto (10-28-2015)
Old 10-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Just a little bit of advice to everyone who buys accounts......Inform your seller on what items you plan to sell, a lot of headaches can be avoided by simply letting the account seller know your plans for selling.

People just assume that you can buy an account and go butt-crazy selling....not always the case. It's important to make Ebay think your New and build some trust.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-27-2015), JamesNorth101 (10-28-2015), jeffweico (10-27-2015), vogeltron (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015

Longevity: 49%

I avoid anything ELECTRONIC for the first 5 items with no feedback.

If you wanna be creative, list it in a different category but with the same title.
Old 10-28-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
If you wanna be creative, list it in a different category but with the same title.
Well, listing iPod, Audio Player Accessories in "Stationery & School Equipment", for example, will not solve any issue. It will probably generate brand new ones.
Old 10-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:

Even on a purchased account you should sell some low risk items. Used books, clothes or what we commonly refer to as household items on here. The limits on the account real mean nothing. eBay bots are looking at certain categories with high instances of phakes and selling fraud.
Old 10-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:

I would not suggest that to anyone.....
Old 10-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
eBay do catch this a lot of the time
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 47%

I had the same thing today. Created a stealth account yesterday (stealth name and address, linked Paypal that is fully verified). Today I tried to list an item for $5 with BIN of $25. No risk item at all.
eBay prompted me to verify my personal info which I accepted. It gave me a message that they could not verify the personal info and prompted me to call. If I call, they will start asking public record questions which I will not know the answers to...obviously....What do I do?

Last edited by dicsolovag; 01-29-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
I had the same thing today. Created a stealth account yesterday (stealth name and address, linked Paypal that is fully verified). Today I tried to list an item for $5 with BIN of $25. No risk item at all.
eBay prompted me to verify my personal info which I accepted. It gave me a message that they could not verify the personal info and prompted me to call. If I call, they will start asking public record questions which I will not know the answers to...obviously....What do I do?
Dunno what to expect since I haven't had to go through that yet, but I will say what probably prompt this was setting a BIN... I don't think eBay likes BIN listings on newer accounts, especially the first listing.
Old 01-29-2016

Crap, I guess I messed up... I will call in, I guess there is nothing to lose.... If I can't get it resolved, does it mean that I need to start from scratch?
Old 01-30-2016

OK, so I called them. They said the address verification often fails when someone lives at the provided address for less than 3-6 months. The rep said it's OK, he just needs the previous address. Of course there is no such thing. Any ways around this? Establishing an account with all stealth info is impossible, isn't it?
Old 01-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
OK, so I called them. They said the address verification often fails when someone lives at the provided address for less than 3-6 months. The rep said it's OK, he just needs the previous address. Of course there is no such thing. Any ways around this? Establishing an account with all stealth info is impossible, isn't it?

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW BEFORE YOU DESTROY YOUR ACCOUNT!

This has been discussed extensively on this forum. ALL NEW ACCOUNTS are subjected to category limitations for the first 90 days of selling. If you are trying to list something on a new account and eBay asks you to verify your credentials, that just means you are attempting to list in a category that has restrictions. In most categories with restrictions you will only be able to sell one item per 30 days, for the first 90 days of selling.

Once you've passed 90 days since your first sale the category restrictions go away as long as you've established a positive selling history.

Calling in and attempting to answer database questions for a fictional address is not very smart. You are seriously jeopardizing your account by calling in. JUST WAIT, don't lose your account. You will be able to sell what you are trying to sell after 3 months of selling..

Old 01-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW BEFORE YOU DESTROY YOUR ACCOUNT!

This has been discussed extensively on this forum. ALL NEW ACCOUNTS are subjected to category limitations for the first 90 days of selling. If you are trying to list something on a new account and eBay asks you to verify your credentials, that just means you are attempting to list in a category that has restrictions. In most categories with restrictions you will only be able to sell one item per 30 days, for the first 90 days of selling.

Once you've passed 90 days since your first sale the category restrictions go away as long as you've established a positive selling history.

Calling in and attempting to answer database questions for a fictional address is not very smart. You are seriously jeopardizing your account by calling in. JUST WAIT, don't lose your account. You will be able to sell what you are trying to sell after 3 months of selling..

It did not let me sell anything, I got a 0/0 seller account limit. How can sell like that? The reason I called in was to try to get at least 5/500. In essence I had nothing to lose.
I think this is the drawback of using a stealth name/address.
What categories are considered high-risk? I tried to list in electrical components/parts.
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
This problem is so easily resolved, but you people want to make it complicated.....

The solution is to LIE.

Have ALL your info written down BEFORE you ever pick up a phone.

Have your "current address" your "previous address" and, just in case, an address before that.

Have creative excuses for why your info might not be in the database: Maybe you live in NYC or Chicago, and thus use public transportation, and don't have a license. Maybe you don't have any credit cards because you were taught it's bad for finances. If you never applied for anything, you won't HAVE records in any public database eBay has access to.

You don't HAVE to use the excuses, 90% of the time, providing the "current" and "previous" address (if asked, which only occurs about 20% of the time, in my experience) the rep will almost always give you a modest increase in limits (20-35%). While not much, it is a start, and your next call will be much easier, one, because you've already done it, and two, because eBay will see you've already been "vetted" by a previous rep.

If you paid 100+ dollars for an account, DON'T CALL ON IT. Create your own account for pennies and call on them. It's really not that hard. And be confident. If you can't speak clearly without sounding nervous, you won't succeed. Period.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Play (04-26-2016)
Old 01-31-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
This problem is so easily resolved, but you people want to make it complicated.....

The solution is to LIE.

Have ALL your info written down BEFORE you ever pick up a phone.

Have your "current address" your "previous address" and, just in case, an address before that.

Have creative excuses for why your info might not be in the database: Maybe you live in NYC or Chicago, and thus use public transportation, and don't have a license. Maybe you don't have any credit cards because you were taught it's bad for finances. If you never applied for anything, you won't HAVE records in any public database eBay has access to.

You don't HAVE to use the excuses, 90% of the time, providing the "current" and "previous" address (if asked, which only occurs about 20% of the time, in my experience) the rep will almost always give you a modest increase in limits (20-35%). While not much, it is a start, and your next call will be much easier, one, because you've already done it, and two, because eBay will see you've already been "vetted" by a previous rep.

If you paid 100+ dollars for an account, DON'T CALL ON IT. Create your own account for pennies and call on them. It's really not that hard. And be confident. If you can't speak clearly without sounding nervous, you won't succeed. Period.
I think you missed the point? There is NO previous address as everything is stealth. Yes, I can say that I just moved into the country since my name is hispanic....
Old 01-31-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
I think you missed the point? There is NO previous address as everything is stealth. Yes, I can say that I just moved into the country since my name is hispanic....
There is no previous address since it's stealth so you just make up a freaking address and write it down, now you have a previous address! It's pretty simple. Treat accounts like they are actual people, make up a history, background etc. You'll never need most of it but the smallest details make lies more believable.
The Following User Says Thank You to XTC4ME For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
There is no previous address since it's stealth so you just make up a freaking address and write it down, now you have a previous address! It's pretty simple. Treat accounts like they are actual people, make up a history, background etc. You'll never need most of it but the smallest details make lies more believable.
LOL thank you for not being an idiot. People really make it out to be so f%*king complicated, and it isn't......

Just like you make up details for your stealth account, make up details about the non-existent identity you created. It isn't that hard people.

As long as you sound confident and have your **** together, i.e. are able to answer the very BASIC questions you're asked without "forgetting" anything (which will NEVER happen to you, because you'll follow my advice and WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!) it's easier than taking toys from toddlers.

But otherwise, yeah, you just moved here from Mexico because you have a Hispanic last name, that's a GREAT excuse! And it's unique. I guarantee you'll be one of the first people to ever use that line on the rep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dicsolovag (01-31-2016), XTC4ME (01-31-2016)
Old 02-09-2016

So, what happens if eBay can not identify any of the info someone makes up (stealth) against the public database? Will they ask for ID, utility bill, etc?
Old 02-09-2016

Longevity: 94%

you shouldnt even get that far. if you have reasons why you arent in the public database they wont check it. its that simple. hell ive told them that im not in any databases because i do government contract work and my clearance doesnt allow it. i even told them go ahead and try and then when i didnt come up there is already a reason. like Ghostofamazon said the name of the game is confidence. if you sound like you know what youre talking about why wouldnt they believe you?
The Following User Says Thank You to sdot10 For This Useful Post:
dicsolovag (02-10-2016)