Nutcase buyer of the week: wanted a refund due to being tricked by eBay search - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Nutcase buyer of the week: wanted a refund due to being tricked by eBay search

Geez and I thought I'd seen it all.

Buyer buys a brand new software license product (basically a sheet of paper that lets you add more users to a server) and the idiot buyer started whining that there wasn't a key code for entering the license in. Now he says the brand new, straight from the manufacturer item is "defective" and he wants a refund or replacement (will get to that later). I explained to the buyer that this particular product doesn't have a keycode for entry and his particular software system doesn't even require that for adding users.

After going back and forth with this bonehead and asking some questions, I realized that what the buyer actually wanted was a slightly different type of license access paper with a code that is generally ten times more expensive than the one I sold him (there are many variations in the licensing world and the different types aren't interchangeable). Like the loser he was, he ran a general search for licensing paperwork for his product and bought the very cheapest one that showed up, mine. When I explained to him that he purchased the wrong license type, he said that no no, he ran a very specific search for what he needed and my item turned up at the top of the list.

Oddly enough, when I searched the keywords he gave me, my listing didn't show up anywhere. He said he would ask eBay for a refund since it "wasn't really my fault, but definitely not his fault, either". Of course, he opened a return case and actually repeated the same BS in the case. Thankfully, I called it in, got a decent rep, whom I didn't even have to explain the case to, and it was closed and no refund issued within 15min. Whew.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Nutcase buyer of the week: wanted a refund due to being tricked by eBay search

Nice result there!

Common sense does prevail now and then at eBay after all
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Nutcase buyer of the week: wanted a refund due to being tricked by eBay search

Despite the fact that the buyer was so obviously a loser trying to take advantage of the system after he realized he screwed up, I was still amazed that eBay got it right the first time around with hardly any pleading from my end. Thank God for the tools who aren't bright enough to scam properly!
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Here we see the difference between someone with a BS case opened, unlike the other guy who had 20 different cases opened in 3 days and blamed eBay.

Yet, surprise, here he was able to resolve it with a phone call.
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You have to call eBay to fix most issues. Those who advocate not calling are trying to avoid attention or spreading BS.
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post

You have to call eBay to fix most issues. Those who advocate not calling are trying to avoid attention or spreading BS.
Where were you when I first started preaching this 6+ months ago?

Side note: You will find this to be an entertaining read.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...call-ebay.html
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:

This is most commonly the case. If you're not selling or doing anything fishy, eBay usually does a really good job helping you on the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I pop in and out here. I am just getting comfortable with eBay's new buyer is always right system.

He says he was restricted for having too many open cases, but then says he was suspended before that. So which is it?
Old 11-15-2015

Longevity: 60%

Thank God the guy did not get the refund lord knows we ebayers need every penny.
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I used the funds that were released to help pay my eBay bill
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I pop in and out here. I am just getting comfortable with eBay's new buyer is always right system.

He says he was restricted for having too many open cases, but then says he was suspended before that. So which is it?
He was doing some kind of shady ****, and then wanted to complain and whine, but since he wanted sympathy, he decided to blame calling eBay for it.

I've had accounts suspended before, and it's never resulted in a bunch of cases being opened up---especially not a suspension that lasted 12 hours or less.
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Generally, the first line people one talks to on the phone with eBay don't even HAVE unlimited authority to arbitrarily suspend accounts, anyway.
Old 11-16-2015

Activity: 5%

Dont you love shot takers? These people know exactly how they can manipulate eBay's policies. It has gotten to the point where I factor in a 5-9% chance of it happening depending on the items category.
Old 11-16-2015

Longevity: 63%

a seller won a case for once...wow
Old 11-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckoftheirish93 View Post
a seller won a case for once...wow
This happens more often than you think, only if you are an experianced seller and the buyer is actually asking for something unreasonable.
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The sweetest words one can hear when calling in to customer service to dispute a claim:

"buyer's remorse"
Old 11-17-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
This is most commonly the case. If you're not selling or doing anything fishy, eBay usually does a really good job helping you on the phone.
Exactly!

I honestly don't see how you can operate on eBay as a full time seller without EVER calling in.

It's either your insecure about how you set the account up, or about talking to someone on the phone. Most cases if you let the system decide can potentially side against you BUT those same cases with a simple phone call can EASILY be sided in our favor.

All eBay wants from us is to take the time to call and explain the situation. It's very hard sometimes to do this in a message threw the resolution center.

Typing words vs verbalizing them makes ALL the difference.

This is why I rarely cases get sided against me. Generally speaking if you have a good reason why you should win the case there is no reason why you shouldn't. Sure one rep might not agree but another will almost certainly will..

You should NOT be worried about eBay "reviewing your account" because in all they do is check the seller dashboard, feedback...the basics. It's NOT like they do background checks on us when we call in. Worst case they COULD ask to run a database question on you but there is usually a reason why and you can ALWAYS decline or use an excuse to hang up before the questions start...

It's really that simple.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (11-17-2015), ovidiu (11-17-2015)
Old 11-18-2015
MU

Longevity: 48%

theres always some numskull out there trying to get a refund on everything lol
Old 11-18-2015

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Geez and I thought I'd seen it all.

Buyer buys a brand new software license product (basically a sheet of paper that lets you add more users to a server) and the idiot buyer started whining that there wasn't a key code for entering the license in. Now he says the brand new, straight from the manufacturer item is "defective" and he wants a refund or replacement (will get to that later). I explained to the buyer that this particular product doesn't have a keycode for entry and his particular software system doesn't even require that for adding users.

After going back and forth with this bonehead and asking some questions, I realized that what the buyer actually wanted was a slightly different type of license access paper with a code that is generally ten times more expensive than the one I sold him (there are many variations in the licensing world and the different types aren't interchangeable). Like the loser he was, he ran a general search for licensing paperwork for his product and bought the very cheapest one that showed up, mine. When I explained to him that he purchased the wrong license type, he said that no no, he ran a very specific search for what he needed and my item turned up at the top of the list.

Oddly enough, when I searched the keywords he gave me, my listing didn't show up anywhere. He said he would ask eBay for a refund since it "wasn't really my fault, but definitely not his fault, either". Of course, he opened a return case and actually repeated the same BS in the case. Thankfully, I called it in, got a decent rep, whom I didn't even have to explain the case to, and it was closed and no refund issued within 15min. Whew.
yeah ebay seem to be adjusting to be a little more receptive to sellers responses to the crackpots at the moment, which is always a good thing when you have distant seller regs that are just insane and getting worse every year.
Old 11-21-2015

Longevity: 49%

LOL....I can beat that one!

Check this one out.....

I sold a packet of that hair fibre stuff, you know the one you see advertised on TV to cover balding areas/patches.

The item was advertised as 100 grams and in fact when placed on a weighing scale actually showed a weight of 119 grams allowing 19 grams for the packaging.

This customer bought a pack of me and said that she had 4 plastic bottles which she routinely filled up when she had purchased it in the past from some other supplier and my product did not fill her 4 bottles.

When I asked her what was the quantity of her bottles she said 28 grams, which equates to 28 x 4 = 112 grams explaining the 'gap' in her bottles.

I explained this to her and even went to the trouble of sending her a picture of the 119 grams of the product, which she ignored and said either you send me a refund or another pack, I refused out of principle.

So she gave me a negative feedback saying that I was a fraudster and she would not recommend me as my product does not contain anywhere near the 100 grams advertised, lol!
Old 01-05-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2409 View Post
LOL....I can beat that one!

Check this one out.....

I sold a packet of that hair fibre stuff, you know the one you see advertised on TV to cover balding areas/patches.

The item was advertised as 100 grams and in fact when placed on a weighing scale actually showed a weight of 119 grams allowing 19 grams for the packaging.

This customer bought a pack of me and said that she had 4 plastic bottles which she routinely filled up when she had purchased it in the past from some other supplier and my product did not fill her 4 bottles.

When I asked her what was the quantity of her bottles she said 28 grams, which equates to 28 x 4 = 112 grams explaining the 'gap' in her bottles.

I explained this to her and even went to the trouble of sending her a picture of the 119 grams of the product, which she ignored and said either you send me a refund or another pack, I refused out of principle.

So she gave me a negative feedback saying that I was a fraudster and she would not recommend me as my product does not contain anywhere near the 100 grams advertised, lol!
you sure won that round
Old 01-06-2016

Longevity: 49%

A seller won a case? Well i'll be a monkey's uncle.