My God Ebay Has Been Off The Wall With This Lately.......... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default My God Ebay Has Been Off The Wall With This Lately..........

Ebay has gone off the fritz asking me to confirm my phone number on accounts that have many sales or a couple of months old with sales and im asked right before im about to list more items after my account has had many items sold in the past.

Has anybody been experiencing this?

First time I have ever been asked to confirm my phone number repeatedly on accounts that are a couple of months old with many items sold in the past from
running stealth accounts for over 5 years now.

I'm really starting to think that this is random because im not getting forced to confirm my phone number on all of my freshly made accounts and was even asked to confirm my account by phone on an active selling account that was over 6 months old that didn't have any Opened Returns/Cases, MC999's, or Bad Feedback!

Its frustrating I get asked this so many times and after I have already done it originally when I made my first sell on the account because it makes it out like I have switched computers and that is the last thing I would ever do.

I always be sure to RECORD IP's. I NEVER log into the same IP on any other account EVER. I always make a new user profile on my PC for each account and I NEVER clean cookies or flash objects or switch web browsers.

All of my accounts have different registered information and don't have any of the same account activity!

Also I wanted to ask anyone that is being forced to confirm your phone number that you have registered with Ebay every time your about to list an item does it ever go away? or do you have to keep confirming your phone number with Ebay every single time you list items until hell freezes over?

Last edited by secret storm; 11-20-2015 at 02:08 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: My God Ebay Has Been Off The Wall With This Lately..........

It does feel like ebay has been rather glitchy for the last few days.
must be the holiday season and them trying to implement heightened security which is messing things up because as per usual they roll things out half assed and not fully tested.
Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Keep Those Numbers Alive.....Is all I'm gonna say!
Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

The only time I've seen that is when I'm logging in from a new ip, I use VPNs for majority of my accounts so I have dedicated ips for my accounts so it doesn't change. So I guess the consistency is why I've rarely ever seen that confirmation screen. But yeah definitely keep those numbers active!
Old 11-20-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I been getting this on one account when I list something. At least eBay is much easier than PayPal and the codes can be sent to any number
Old 11-20-2015
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
The only time I've seen that is when I'm logging in from a new ip, I use VPNs for majority of my accounts so I have dedicated ips for my accounts so it doesn't change. So I guess the consistency is why I've rarely ever seen that confirmation screen. But yeah definitely keep those numbers active!
NICE sales pitch lol
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
yankee (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have also noticed this glitch on .com for my accounts - reconfirmation on accounts that are years old
Old 11-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Keep Those Numbers Alive.....Is all I'm gonna say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Thank you for the affirmation of course I'm not going to lose my number because at that point there is no way around confirming your account with Ebay when they ask for it by phone lol unless you enter a new number and when you start to change information around that's registered with your account after its entered is when you could have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I been getting this on one account when I list something. At least eBay is much easier than PayPal and the codes can be sent to any number
On your one account that keeps asking to confirm your number before listing how long have had to keep confirming it Dmshark?
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
It does feel like ebay has been rather glitchy for the last few days.
must be the holiday season and them trying to implement heightened security which is messing things up because as per usual they roll things out half assed and not fully tested.
"rather glitchy" is putting it mildly. You are too kind slokor. I could hardly make a listing yesterday. Today could not upload pics as the window would stall. Been a mess for several weeks.

Last edited by joesshooze; 11-23-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2015

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
DMshark25 please explain numbers can be sent to any number because that has not been my experience.
Old 11-24-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
DMshark25 please explain numbers can be sent to any number because that has not been my experience.
I never had a number that couldn't receive the short code from eBay, I have used all the free VOIP Apps, prepaid, and contract cells

You sure your not thinking of the code PayPal sends?
Old 11-24-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

eBay wants to check if you still have the original number active. Keep the number alive for the life of the account.
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

LOL Why is it so hard for people to keep the godddamn original number alive? is it that expensive? are people not making enough money on ebay? I wish I could understand what makes it so hard?

I'm a casual seller on ebay, I have 10 accounts....I have zero problems keeping my original numbers alive, so I can't imagine why this is such a difficult task. Maybe people need an App that reminds them to keep the damn numbers alive? could make a killing.
Old 11-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hey Dmshark on your one account that keeps asking to confirm your number before listing how long have had to keep confirming it Dmshark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
LOL Why is it so hard for people to keep the godddamn original number alive? is it that expensive? are people not making enough money on ebay? I wish I could understand what makes it so hard?

I'm a casual seller on ebay, I have 10 accounts....I have zero problems keeping my original numbers alive, so I can't imagine why this is such a difficult task. Maybe people need an App that reminds them to keep the damn numbers alive? could make a killing.
I couldn't agree with you more MM78 on keeping the numbers active. It can get costly though if you sell on over 60 active accounts frequently like i do if having to confirm your phone number that is associated with your account every single time you list an item becomes mandatory for Ebay now my costs will obviously be much higher but its a necessity that must be swallowed and will do if needed.

I wanted to ask you do you use any Apps by chance that are great for confirming numbers on Ebay? I'm always looking for alternative ways and methods and would love to know any.
Old 11-27-2015

Longevity: 49%

You only need one phone and a chest of sim cards . Easy to store
The Following User Says Thank You to Burger Box Man For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-10-2015)
Old 11-27-2015

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
It can get costly though if you sell on over 60 active accounts frequently like i do
It's a small cost of doing business to keep your account alive. The alternative is you lose the account due to not keeping that number alive then have to spend to buy another account.

Math isn't adding up to me.

Keep numbers alive not just for this but even if eBay call.
Old 11-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Sell something at least to offset the phone cost of the month
Old 12-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Dmshark please answer this i would really like to hear your response from someone such as you on your one account that keeps asking to confirm your number before listing how long have had to keep confirming it Dmshark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I have also noticed this glitch on .com for my accounts - reconfirmation on accounts that are years old
How about you rsot did you have to keep reconfirming your phone number every single time you were about to list an item until hell freezes over?

Did it ever go away?

Has the reconfirmation ever come back months and months after you had to keep reconfirming your phone number to list items?
Old 12-02-2015

I think it was like 4 days straight , but I haven't had that since I posted here, could of been a glitch , haven't had it for over a week now
Old 12-02-2015

@secert storm

The verification codes stopped but with that same account I have received 2 phone calls from trust and Safety

One call was like before thanksgiving and another came tonight.

Luckily I answered both calls, the first time a coupe weeks ago I was taking a nap and luckily I woke Up and answered. With these calls in my past experience if u don't pick up seconds later after missing a call I'd log in my account and boom all listings taken down.

This account I called in Nov 1 for a limit increase which I received, and than I received 2 automatic performance increases all in the month of November

The account has been really doin well all starting with Black Friday, every day has been great, and all BIN listings

I grabbed the call tonight and they asked me where I get my items and couple other things and everything was good
Old 12-10-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

I don't get these anymore....not sure if it's just me...