Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few!

For them to be taken down you will need more than one person complaining
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Unfair selling practices - Prohibited items allowed to be sold by a certain few!

I would focus your efforts on YOU instead of others and trying to take them out. Lots if methods and work around. Fighting with competitors is typically a waste of time and effort.

One thing would be to find someone such as the one you want to remove and see if they can help move your items. Working with competitors is a lot better than fighting. Just one idea that may or may not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangescamper View Post
that's an easy fix...you should just get into trading NBP and the like memorabilia...problem solved
No thanks, and tha'ts not the point......and problem NOT solved
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I would focus your efforts on YOU instead of others and trying to take them out. Lots if methods and work around. Fighting with competitors is typically a waste of time and effort.
I am slowly seeing that.

Quote:
One thing would be to find someone such as the one you want to remove and see if they can help move your items. Working with competitors is a lot better than fighting. Just one idea that may or may not work.
Thanks for the wise words Yankee and your probably right, but it is just a hard pill to swallow. Again, I am not a big dealer in Nazi memorabilia, I deal in antiques and love history, and once in a while I find some WW2 stuff at a flea market. Like the 2 newspapers that I found. It was only two items so I put them up thinking they would not get dinged being NEWS RELATED items, they were really getting some good bids, I was really excited (im no big time money maker on eBay, not yet anyway..:-) ) and thought I was going to make some good money that month, and then WHAAAMOOO, the day they were to end, they got dropped. That really got my blood boiling, but I thought, hey rules are rules and that's what happens when you break the rules, WELL EVIDENTLY NOT FOR EVERYONE!!
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
For them to be taken down you will need more than one person complaining
Thanks for the input, Can I ask why is that? How can that be? What is the reason, Money? Is it because he is making them money and I am not?
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

I guarantee you that if this went public, or went viral they would get taken down in a heart beat!
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

All this effort would be better spent working on your own business. As soon as he gets taken down, he will be here back on with new accounts...

Just look at how many people still sell Beats Headphones and/or Beachbody products even though highly risky. As long as good profit is involved people will get into the mix.

You can also be seen as a competitor trying to report on same items you sold. Be careful or you will get your own account banned also.
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
You can also be seen as a competitor trying to report on same items you sold. Be careful or you will get your own account banned also.
Would never happen, and I am not trying to hide anything. I told them straight up, and they knew, that I had same type of item taken down just a few days after I put it up and that is why I was calling, because it was unfair business practices, hell that's my whole point.
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff52 View Post
Would never happen, and I am not trying to hide anything. I told them straight up, and they knew, that I had same type of item taken down just a few days after I put it up and that is why I was calling, because it was unfair business practices, hell that's my whole point.
If I was a rep and you said many of the things you posted here I would think you are a disgruntled seller and possibly easier to just remove the problem and risk all together banning both you and the other seller...

If you think ebay cares for you or your opinion one bit you are mistaken...
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If I was a rep and you said many of the things you posted here I would think you are a disgruntled seller and possibly easier to just remove the problem and risk all together banning both you and the other seller...
Well I guess were.. both... lucky your not the rep

Quote:
Not a matter of 'cares" or opinions, its a matter of "Facts"!
Old 11-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
OK People, have a look at this guys listings, they are STILL there! I even reported them through my German account. Once again the stats:
Reported on ebay through the listings one Nov. 14th
Called and reported them on 17th
Called again on the 20th
Called again on the 22nd
Reported them through my German account

As you can see they are all still there!!
62 have ended in sales since I first reported it on the 14th and 0 have been taken down!!

You be the Judge
Ebay, like Amazon, is almost all automated. You're only ONE person reporting a TON of this seller's items - their automated system probably flags that you've sold similar items and are trying to take down a "competitor" so it simply ignores your requests (regardless of what the "reps" tell you).

Furthermore... dude - why don't you spend more time trying to copy his strategy instead of taking him down just because you're quite literally jealous of his success?! That seems like such a d*** thing to do to me - what in the world has he done to you that you're taking him down for doing what you wish you could do???

I'm not the type to instigate an argument so I really don't mean anything harsh, I just don't understand why you're focused on getting someone's account and source of income taken away just so that you BOTH can be treated unfairly together. "If I can't have it than he can't either" kind of mentality.

I have sold on ebay in forbidden categories this way with good success - and people like you who report me simply because you haven't figured out how to make it work... it's just pointless to tear someone down because they have what you don't. Instead of taking him down, try to spend more time building up your accounts so you can weather the occasional report and then do what he's doing - maybe even ask him some questions (he might answer for fear that you'll report him... say you have one or two things to sell so he doesn't think you're big competition etc).

Forgive me if I missed something key - that's just how it comes across to me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015), newjerseymax (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015

Longevity: 64%

Ebay can pretty much do whatever it wants. Honestly, in your case I would say F*k to ebay and buy an aged domain with good backlinks and recreate it into a historical memorabilia store. I'm sure your keywords aren't competitive. Then I would link it to stripe to avoid gaypal fees.
Old 11-24-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

Exactly. I guess my post was longwinded and posted too late - but this is how it comes across to me too. This forum is about HELPING people, not about how to tear down other sellers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mshamazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015), newjerseymax (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
Exactly. I guess my post was longwinded and posted too late - but this is how it comes across to me too. This forum is about HELPING people, not about how to tear down other sellers.
Forgive me if I missed something, but in your longwinded post, I failed to see ANY HELP! Just a bunch of your opinions, which of course we are all entitled, but dont scream about helping when your NOT.
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebomb View Post
Ebay can pretty much do whatever it wants. Honestly, in your case I would say F*k to ebay and buy an aged domain with good backlinks and recreate it into a historical memorabilia store. I'm sure your keywords aren't competitive. Then I would link it to stripe to avoid gaypal fees.
Thanks for the HELP, that is a good tip. I appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I guarantee you that if this went public, or went viral they would get taken down in a heart beat!
You may not know but you are not the first seller to covet this guy's success.

There is a long line of sellers before you who tried.

Reconsider what you can do to have success.

mshamazon (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You may not know but you are not the first seller to covet this guy's success.

There is a long line of sellers before you who tried.

Reconsider what you can do to have success.

Thanks for those words GreenBean, and understood, more than what you all may think.

But you cant tell me that you or probably everyone on here have not had a similar situation happen to them and it just pissed em off, and they wanted to do something about it. I agree, how you go about it is key, and that is why I posted here in the hopes of finding that solution since eBay doesn't want to play fair.
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Competition happens every single day on EVERY SINGLE ITEM I SELL. I carve out my piece, buy smarter, sell to my competators, buy them, cut off the supply when possible etc...

What I don't do is complain about it or try to attack them.

I looked at that seller. He sells a small quantity of relatively inexpensive items. LOTS of other things to worry about IMO.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015), mshamazon (11-25-2015), newjerseymax (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I looked at that seller. He sells a small quantity of relatively inexpensive items. LOTS of other things to worry about IMO.
Well I guess your a millionaire then if you consider almost $2,000 in two weeks "samll quantity". Me, im just a little guy trying to make it in a big guy's world
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

So figure out how he does it....instead of attacking him. Or sell to him or someone similar. ALL sellers are buyers.

That would be my personal approach if I had a couple thousand to offload of single unique items.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
jeff52 (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Well I guess your a millionaire then if you consider almost $2,000 in two weeks "samll quantity". Me, im just a little guy trying to make it in a big guy's world
So in your eyes, in order to make it in the big guys world.....your plan is to snitch on everyone else?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015), mshamazon (11-25-2015), newjerseymax (11-24-2015), yankee (11-25-2015)
Old 11-24-2015

Skimmed through the post, punished for selling prohibited items as well, but yet other sellers continue to sell the same identical product/s. You vented, now suck it up soldier, Rule #1 suspended is just that. Decision is final you should know that by now. It's done, Over, wait till the holidays are over and go in under the wire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Runnynose For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-25-2015), jeff52 (11-25-2015)