My Story (high risk seller content) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default My Story (high risk seller content)

So I sold on eBay for about three years now, until very recently.
When I started selling, I used a friend's account that already had years of selling smaller and lower priced things (clothes, basically.)

So I didn't need to ''build up'' an account for any reason.

What I sold on eBay, however, was something super-high-risk...expensive watches.

Watches of which there are many counterfeits floating around.
(Not Rolex, but other brands.)

I was 100% above board, I only sold authentic stuff.
Literally had 100s of positive transactions for my goods...people spending 600, 700, 800 dollars for my goods and giving me great reviews. Shipped quick, etc. Had a super high limit that even I could never reach, I think it was like 10k a month. It was a nice 1k a month or so side biz.
Did that for years.

Like an idiot, a few months ago, I decided to expand the business and scale up. I started dropshipping, with mixed results. One problem was that I had a couple problems with returns. I refunded a guy from the UK, and he sent back a plastic watch in the fancy watch box i shipped out to him originally.

Finally, i sold two watches to a guy in Germany, and he sent me back ⊗⊗⊗⊗/replicas of the stuff I was selling. Really tuff to tell the difference, but me and a lot of watch guys know all the ''tells.''

I called him out about it, and I woke up a couple weeks ago to my friend's PayPal account frozen. Pretty sure he uploaded his ⊗⊗⊗⊗ pics to PP or something like that. Even with my YEARS of selling the real deal and 1000s of dollars going through that eBay/PP account...positive feedback etc...i guess i'm done with that account...

Also pretty sure at this point PP has about a grand or two of my money for 6 months. Not sure there's much I can do about it either.

I'm here now to learn about building up my own account, whether or not I should even go stealth or not...but I'm already learning that I should have many many accounts, on both eBay and PP, just to keep everything diversified and safe in case I get a ban hammer from one or both of the sites.

I'm even looking into amazon dropshipping and just expanding my range of goods for sale in general...as it seems like a really good idea just as a moneymaking venture.

Just blundered onto the site, and I'm really impressed with all the info.
I'm glad I'm not alone in having these sorts of problems with PP/eBay.

If anyone has any advice for people like me who do high risk stuff like watches/jewelry/electronics...feel free to let me know!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: My Story (high risk seller content)

Welcome Lancero

My story is quite similar. Sold Authentic small jewelry, below $100 always. Was having very good sales but was reported dishonestly by a buyer from New York. It was my 3rd sale abroad, two previous to US as well and 1 to Puerto Rico with no problems. Apart from quite a few inside my country. He got 100% his payment, kept the stuff, and my account was suspended for sale some hours after that.

Yeah its all about diversification, either for shielding from eBay or from dishonest buyers... its quite a pain in the neck all the info you have to record and be very careful but it could be so worthy in the end
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadisencoat For This Useful Post:
Lancero (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancero View Post
Just blundered onto the site, and I'm really impressed with all the info.
I'm glad I'm not alone in having these sorts of problems with PP/eBay.

My experience was similar. Just a couple of bad buyers can mess up your whole business. I was also relieved that after finding this site that many people are having the same issues so that I was not completely crazy or bad at eBay.
The stuff here is gold, really helped me a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to perfect30 For This Useful Post:
Lancero (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 53%

Nothing can be done about that. Just run several accounts, to spread risks. EB does not give a **** about your problems, it cares only about buyers.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Lancero (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Selling on eBay with the idea you can sell ANYTHING and just deem it high risk is like assuming because we American have freedom of speech you can say anything your heart desires.

False.

What I sell is "high risk" but it only becomes that if I have bad buyers. In your case selling watches is a Instant ban. It's like selling beats without being an authorized dealer. Something's you can't sell, regardless if they actually state you can or not
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
Lancero (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%

^^^ what do you sell?
I'm thinking about diversifying for sure.
I also think what happened to me was that I was doing too much volume.
I read after using the search button about a guy who was making big $$$ from selling game consoles...til he caught the ban hammer.

People on here told him the same thing...to spread the sales out over a few accounts and mix in other items to avoid the ''risk management'' folks.
Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 48%

You would be hard pressed to find someone on this forum who has not been through a similar situation. Good for you it was a side business and not your primary income. Good luck moving forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Payelectronica For This Useful Post:
Lancero (01-27-2016)