International visibility - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default International visibility

Hi.

Ive been selling back on eBay for almost 3 months now. Although my first sale was made in January I havent been able to sell much and the reason I am not selling much its because my items wont appear in other sites such as COM, UK, or DE... My listings got no visits at all, although I have competitive prices, suggesting listings and lots of pictures.

I have over 10 feedbacks as a seller and this is so frustrating! I have read on the internet that 90 days must pass since the first sale to appear on other websites, is that true? Any advise? Actually, eBay CS wont tell me how to get visibility, they say its a matter of time... Im running out of money and got lots of stuff to sell. What to do? I mainly sell items to UK, Germany, America and Asia... And if I dont get my items to appear on those sites I wont sell!
Thanks.

Last edited by christianmend; 01-28-2016 at 08:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: International visibility

Hello, I see you are in Spain like me

You are talking about account on .es right?.

If Im not wrong there are 2 things concerning intl: 1.Selling on your ebay local site (this case .es) and then choosing to sell international on the listing, which means it will be seen on other ebays when sellers choose "worldwide item location" filter.

2. Being able to go to .com or .de and list an item directly there.

For the 1. Im not sure but I think it may let you do it since the beggining?. (Im not back on selling yet so Im not sure just talking from memory)

For the 2. From my experience with my account on .es when I used to sell they told me I needed to reach like 10-15 feedback, dont remember number exactly, in order to sell intl. Once you reach that feedback just to send ebay a message thruogh ebay message system asking them to let you sell intl. then you can go to .com and list things. BUT I think for my second account I didnt send any message to them, I went directly to .com click sell and it let me do it, which I guess it is better since no messaging them involved.

I dont know about the 90 days after 1st sale to appear, I would like to know about it too.
Old 01-28-2016

I send 99% of my stuff to international destinations since the Dutch market is very limited.

It is easy to get selling limits on ebay.com, so thats the US market open for you. Other sites such as .de or .co.uk require the minimum of 10 feedback and 90 days, I have not been able to find a way around that.
You can select selling internationally on your .es listings but is works not as good as listing it on the ebay page of your target market.

Best to keep a few extra eBay accounts with a few sales so you do not have to wait for the 90 days once your current account is suspended.
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply! Thats very helpful! I think im going to buy an account. I cant wait until March! Ive always been good listing my items on the .ES site and always got atenttion from every corner of the world (US, Asia, UK, Germany, etc)... So lets see what I can find. I havent also listed on any other markets besides the Spanish one unless I ran out of free ads or something... I never thought it was necessary... At least not for me! But do you recommend it? I sell limited clothing
Old 01-28-2016

I think if you have already 10+ feedback you can go to .com and try to sell an item, have nothing to lose.

christianmend I cant reply pms, I sent you a message on your visitors page
Old 01-29-2016

Since you guys are in Spain, could you tell me how is customs over there? I just shipped some shirt namesets over there to a customer of mine and since it's the first time that I use 1st class international I was wondering how strict is customs over there?
Old 01-29-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakitiwa View Post
Since you guys are in Spain, could you tell me how is customs over there? I just shipped some shirt namesets over there to a customer of mine and since it's the first time that I use 1st class international I was wondering how strict is customs over there?
I have received several packages going 1stClass over the years and I think I had no problem with any of them. I did have problems with a few using Priority, meaning having to go to customs to pick it up. These all were relatively small/medium packages, not big ones. Itīs been a while since last one tho so dont know if anything might have changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chadisencoat For This Useful Post:
wakitiwa (01-30-2016)