Question regarding stealth shop accounts - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-06-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Question regarding stealth shop accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
-You said ebay wont ask for docs..but they did ask for docs with my last account (photo id/utility/invoices)?
It isn't by default they're going to demand docs... I've NEVER been ask by ebay to supply such things, both legit accounts & stealth accounts, but I don't sell electronics/high-risk, most of my items are not high-price, and none of my accounts went over $20k a month.

From what I gather their request for documents can only trigger if you're selling a lot of high-priced items, doing over over 20k in sales monthly, or selling high-risk items consistently.

Given what you sell and your target volume, you should be prepared to supply such documents.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
what exactly do you mean here?
sorry for confusion..i did not supply paypal with EIN in previous account..my mistake.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
It isn't by default they're going to demand docs... I've NEVER been ask by ebay to supply such things, both legit accounts & stealth accounts, but I don't sell electronics/high-risk, most of my items are not high-price, and none of my accounts went over $20k a month.

From what I gather their request for documents can only trigger if you're selling a lot of high-priced items, doing over over 20k in sales monthly, or selling high-risk items consistently.

Given what you sell and your target volume, you should be prepared to supply such documents.
exactly..this is why I was in favor of using a friends info Mitsu.
Because most likely with the items I will be selling i WILL be asked to supply docs, and from what I gather when using an outside source( or yourself) to "fabricate" these docs, it seems the success rate of passing is much lower than if you use a friends genuine docs?
Old 02-06-2016

While I never been asked for documents by EB I absolutely have by PP... and I've used services to supply what they were asking, and they were successful. I can't really say the success rate is lower, I don't know... but again, you can either have 1 more chance at making this work with your friends documents or you can have UNLIMITED chances by going/learning full stealth.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
While I never been asked for documents by EB I absolutely have by PP... and I've used services to supply what they were asking, and they were successful. I can't really say the success rate is lower, I don't know... but again, you can either have 1 more chance at making this work with your friends documents or you can have UNLIMITED chances by going/learning full stealth.
I plan on doing both
Old 02-06-2016

Quote:
I plan on doing both
Not a bad thing, it isn't popular opinion here to use friends information/docs for 'stealth', but if you have a solid relationship with this person, explain to them the risks and make sure they understand (the account may be closed and they can never use eBay again with their information/address), never use their financial information such as SSN/EIN/CCs/bank accounts... it's not a huge problem-- but AGAIN it's really no better/stronger than creating your own stealth identity.

Know that if down the line, the account becomes strong and you guys have a falling out, they can probably damage/get your account shut down by claiming identity theft.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You won't have to supply any documents to eBay, don't worry about that.

And Paypal doesn't see you name. You submit your EIN+Business Name to them, and that's all they see. The IRS does not share any of your personal info with Paypal.
Info is inaccurate on two points.

It is not a given an account is not asked for ID.Users need to be prepared.

Check out what you are saying about the tax angle. Off the mark with what you are claiming
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Not a bad thing, it isn't popular opinion here to use friends information/docs for 'stealth', but if you have a solid relationship with this person, explain to them the risks and make sure they understand (the account may be closed and they can never use eBay again with their information/address), never use their financial information such as SSN/EIN/CCs/bank accounts... it's not a huge problem-- but AGAIN it's really no better/stronger than creating your own stealth identity.

Know that if down the line, the account becomes strong and you guys have a falling out, they can probably damage/get your account shut down by claiming identity theft.
Yes I understand, I fully trust the friend, and I already stated to him that the worst that can techinically happen is having his ebay account shut down.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If you do everything properly and slowly build up to the point where you want to be, they shouldn't ask for any documents. They don't ask for things like that for no reason. If they think you are selling f akes or stolen goods, which is often the case when a high volume is being sold on a new account, they will request invoices just to protect themselves. But if you establish yourself as a reputable seller over time, you'll be able to sell as much as you want/can. eBay has to trust you, which means you have to be an expert in dealing with customers. Never let a case close without seller resolution, stay top rated plus, pay all your fees promptly, ship everything within your handling time with tracking, etc.. Just be a good eBay seller in general, and you will be fine.

Regarding the EIN, you can not reuse your old one. If your old business paypal account is in good standing, you technically could use the same EIN on a new paypal. But the two paypal accounts would forever be linked, and if one went down they would both go down. It's better to just apply for a new EIN and start fresh with a new business name/EIN.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
I've heard this also. But I sell well over $20k per month on my main account in an extremely high risk category. Never been asked for any documents. I always thought that was a European thing.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Info is inaccurate on two points.

It is not a given an account is not asked for ID.Users need to be prepared.

Check out what you are saying about the tax angle. Off the mark with what you are claiming
I do not understand what you mean at all.

If anyone asks for ID, it was my understanding that would be paypal, and even then it's only if you are trying to withdraw after a 180 day limitation. eBay has never asked me for anything and I do some high risk stuffs. Like I said, I thought that was a European thing..

And what I said about taxes was 100% factual. I just got all of my 1099's from Paypal, I have a pretty firm grasp on how it works. None of my 1099's have my real name on them because paypal does not know my real name. They know my EIN, and I pay taxes with my EIN.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
sorry for confusion..i did not supply paypal with EIN in previous account..my mistake.
Then you know what to try and do going forward?
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I do not understand what you mean at all.

If anyone asks for ID, it was my understanding that would be paypal, and even then it's only if you are trying to withdraw after a 180 day limitation. eBay has never asked me for anything and I do some high risk stuffs. Like I said, I thought that was a European thing..

And what I said about taxes was 100% factual. I just got all of my 1099's from Paypal, I have a pretty firm grasp on how it works. None of my 1099's have my real name on them because paypal does not know my real name. They know my EIN, and I pay taxes with my EIN.
That is the risk of generalizing.
Just because it did not happen to your US accounts, does not mean it does not happen.

Going to disagree with what you said about names.

Paypal name needs to match what the IRS expects.

You seem to be saying otherwise.

You appear to be saying this
Paypal account named pyramidrojects gets asked for tax info.

Tax info is projectpyramids.

Names differs so request for tax info fails given the question asked is
Is this tax info for projectpyraminds yes/no....

Reply would be no...
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you do everything properly and slowly build up to the point where you want to be, they shouldn't ask for any documents. They don't ask for things like that for no reason. If they think you are selling f akes or stolen goods, which is often the case when a high volume is being sold on a new account, they will request invoices just to protect themselves. But if you establish yourself as a reputable seller over time, you'll be able to sell as much as you want/can. eBay has to trust you, which means you have to be an expert in dealing with customers. Never let a case close without seller resolution, stay top rated plus, pay all your fees promptly, ship everything within your handling time with tracking, etc.. Just be a good eBay seller in general, and you will be fine.

Regarding the EIN, you can not reuse your old one. If your old business paypal account is in good standing, you technically could use the same EIN on a new paypal. But the two paypal accounts would forever be linked, and if one went down they would both go down. It's better to just apply for a new EIN and start fresh with a new business name/EIN.
I don't understand the second paragraph^
I am just gonna create a new paypal and create new business account with paypal and use my current existing EIN.
Old 02-06-2016

Quote:
Paypal name needs to match what the IRS expects.

You seem to be saying otherwise.

You appear to be saying this
Paypal account named pyramidrojects gets asked for tax info.

Tax info is projectpyramids.

Names differs so request for tax info fails given the question asked is
Is this tax info for projectpyraminds yes/no....

Reply would be no...
That's what he said isn't it? You submit your EIN+BUSINESS NAME and that's all their system will see and verify... I think he meant they will not verify the PERSONAL NAME to the EIN/business.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That's what he said isn't it? You submit your EIN+BUSINESS NAME and that's all their system will see and verify... I think he meant they will not verify the PERSONAL NAME to the EIN/business.
The names must match...

Where is that stated?

Old 02-06-2016

Quote:
The names must match...

Where is that stated?

I read here that when you submit an EIN to paypal, they get two replies; 1.) The EIN is Valid 2.) The business name. These were threads back in 2010-2012 when I was getting started.

But furthermore, I personally have 2 pp business accounts, alive and well, under different names (not my own) linked to my EIN(s), one as a sole proprietorship, and one a LLC. Albeit these were made in 2012 and 2013 respectively... unless the game has changed when it comes to EIN and paypal linking which I've missed, this should still be possible.

Where did YOU read the personal names MUST match? I'm actually interested, because I'm building up a new account and plan to add a EIN (different personal names) once I pass the 3 month 1st sale mark on eb... so please explain.

Last edited by Mitsu; 02-06-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Never said personal names though.

Paypal name = IRS name.

Yes or no.. To be valid.

IRS told me that years ago.

They ask paypal is this the tax info for account xxxxJ . Answer needed is YES/NO.

If account is Jxxxx, it does not work.
Old 02-06-2016

Quote:
Never said personal names though.

Paypal name = IRS name.

Yes or no.. To be valid.

IRS told me that years ago.

They ask paypal is this the tax info for account xxxxJ . Answer needed is YES/NO.

If account is Jxxxx, it does not work.
Right okay, just so everyone is clear, the follow statement is true, correct?:

The EIN's business name from the IRS must perfectly match your Paypal account's business name when you submit.

PERSONAL NAME is a non-factor when adding a EIN to your paypal.

This is what phaz0rz said, and this is what I've experienced-- unless changes have been made this should still work.