Question regarding stealth shop accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-06-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Question regarding stealth shop accounts

I was looking at the stealth shop accounts and see that some of the accounts for sale have starting limits like $25k and zero feedback....how is this not a huge red flag for ebay?

It doesnt make much sense that a seller would have a 25k selling limit and zero feedback.... is there something I am missing?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Question regarding stealth shop accounts

The selling limits have nothing to do with the feedback. You can start with a 5/$500, 10/$1,000 doesn't matter....slow and steady.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

No, you did not miss anything. There are tricks account sellers use to create selling account with high initial starting limits. Sometimes you can even make an account with a high limit yourself. It's seemingly random the way limits are handed out. But it's definitely not a red flag in any way, because eBay is the one who gives out the selling limits.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
No, you did not miss anything. There are tricks account sellers use to create selling account with high initial starting limits. Sometimes you can even make an account with a high limit yourself. It's seemingly random the way limits are handed out. But it's definitely not a red flag in any way, because eBay is the one who gives out the selling limits.
You stated that sometimes even you can make an account with a high selling limit yourself..but then you stated ebay is the one who gives out the selling limits?
Isnt that kind of a contradiction?

Im not saying that what you say isnt correct by any means....I just cannot follow the chain of logic here?

I was under the assumption that in order for one selling limits to get to a point where it is 25k they would have had to gradually increase their limits to that point. Don't all ebay sellers begin with $500 or $1000 limit?
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

No. Like I said, it's seemingly random the way they hand out selling limits. But by no means does everyone start with a 5/$500 limit. Nothing special is done to get an account with high initial selling limits, it just happens sometimes.

For example, you could get a 1000/$25000 limit on the first stealth account you ever create, or you could create 20 stealth accounts and they all end up being 5/$500.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
You stated that sometimes even you can make an account with a high selling limit yourself..but then you stated ebay is the one who gives out the selling limits?
Isnt that kind of a contradiction?

Im not saying that what you say isnt correct by any means....I just cannot follow the chain of logic here?

I was under the assumption that in order for one selling limits to get to a point where it is 25k they would have had to gradually increase their limits to that point. Don't all ebay sellers begin with $500 or $1000 limit?
You can try to learn now, there is no chain of logic.

And try not to assume because there is no chain of logic as stated above.

These comments made by the posters are the result of working within the stealth system and experiencing what ebay does.

Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Keep in mind though that a 1000/$25000 account is useless unless you plan to attach an EIN or SSN to the Paypal. Once you start approaching 200 items sold, Paypal starts pestering you for a tax ID. If you reach 200 sales (in a year) and have not provided a tax ID, your account is limited and you can't receive any more payments.

I have personally purchased 2 1000/$25000 accounts from the marketplace here. I ended up upgrading both to business accounts and they have both been flourishing for over a year now. There's nothing suspicious about a high starting selling limit - they're great for high volume sellers.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No. Like I said, it's seemingly random the way they hand out selling limits. But by no means does everyone start with a 5/$500 limit. Nothing special is done to get an account with high initial selling limits, it just happens sometimes.

For example, you could get a 1000/$25000 limit on the first stealth account you ever create, or you could create 20 stealth accounts and they all end up being 5/$500.
WOW..thats crazy.. I never knew that.. i assumed everyone starting with a small selling limit..interesting.

I plan on selling high risk items....smartphones

I know most on here recommend to start slow..but if I purchase a 25k selling limit account, and I have all the documentation required from a friends info (photo ID, invoices, utility bills), do you think I can start selling closer to the 25k mark faster? Since I will have all documentation ready and at hand...all legit.
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I know most on here recommend to start slow..but if I purchase a 25k selling limit account, and I have all the documentation required from a friends info (photo ID, invoices, utility bills), do you think I can start selling closer to the 25k mark faster? Since I will have all documentation ready and at hand...all legit.
That's a bad idea for a few reasons. First off if you're selling phones, you will have to start VERY slowly and build up to more sales. That would be the case even if this weren't a stealth account and you had all of your own documentation. That's just a very risky category to sell in, period. You will have category restrictions for the first 90 days of selling anyways. That means you will only be able to sell one phone per month.
But honestly I recommend selling lower value electronics until the category restrictions go away. It's really sketchy to start off trying to sell a phone.

It's also a bad idea to supply someone else's documentation. If you are selling $500 phones you would quickly reach the tax threshold with paypal, and have to supply and EIN or SSN. If you used your friend's SSN, your friend would receive a 1099 from Paypal in January of 2017 and be expected to pay taxes on your sales. If you're going to supply a tax ID to paypal you need to get an EIN in your own name.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
That's a bad idea for a few reasons. First off if you're selling phones, you will have to start VERY slowly and build up to more sales. That would be the case even if this weren't a stealth account and you had all of your own documentation. That's just a very risky category to sell in, period. You will have category restrictions for the first 90 days of selling anyways. That means you will only be able to sell one phone per month.
But honestly I recommend selling lower value electronics until the category restrictions go away. It's really sketchy to start off trying to sell a phone.

It's also a bad idea to supply someone else's documentation. If you are selling $500 phones you would quickly reach the tax threshold with paypal, and have to supply and EIN or SSN. If you used your friend's SSN, your friend would receive a 1099 from Paypal in January of 2017 and be expected to pay taxes on your sales. If you're going to supply a tax ID to paypal you need to get an EIN in your own name.
I already have an EIN in my own name
I just plan to use a friends info for the the documentation verification.
My plan is to stay slow for the first 90 days (don't have a choice anyway due to category restrictions), then after the 90 days are done to start increasing sales by 5k/month.
Opinions?
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
WOW..thats crazy.. I never knew that.. i assumed everyone starting with a small selling limit..interesting.

I plan on selling high risk items....smartphones

no, your plan is flawed.

Forum found that using others ID was not benefical in the long run.

Legit info is still rejected.

Answer this: you stated you were selling high volumes before getting suspended.
What are you doing to ensure the same issues do not happen with your new accounts? It would also be essential to change business practises.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
no, your plan is flawed.

Forum found that using others ID was not benefical in the long run.

Legit info is still rejected.

Answer this: you stated you were selling high volumes before getting suspended.
What are you doing to ensure the same issues do not happen with your new accounts? It would also be essential to change business practises.
Yes I was selling high volume.
The issues I ran into were not my fault..I was misinformed by an ebay rep..I had a below standard defect rating in the global shipping program but everything else was above standard...when I spoke with a rep they CLEARLY stated to me that below standard in global program would not have any impact on my ability to sell. There was also no notice of this from ebay to me whatsoever..the only message I got everytime i logged in was "keep up the great work you are on track to be above standard for our new policies that go into effect on feb 20th"
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I already have an EIN in my own name
I just plan to use a friends info for the the documentation verification.
My plan is to stay slow for the first 90 days (don't have a choice anyway due to category restrictions), then after the 90 days are done to start increasing sales by 5k/month.
Opinions?
What documentation verification are you talking about? I sell in the electronics category and I've never been asked to submit any documentation unless I was trying to bypass category restrictions on a new account.

You shouldn't need to supply any of your friends info if that's all you were planning to use it for. You will just upgrade your account to business and supply your EIN. I recommend upgrading your account to business after the first request for a tax ID from Paypal. DO NOT wait until your paypal account is limited to upgrade because it becomes much more difficult then.

As for the selling velocity you asked about, I would slow it down just a bit. Once you get past the first 90 days, maybe increase your sales by $1k - $2k per month for the next 90 days. After that, as long as you haven't messed up the account, you're pretty much free to increase your selling velocity by however much you want. Just make sure you pay attention to your DSR's because it sounds like that is why you lost your first account (that is also why I lost my first account).
Old 02-06-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
but if I purchase a 25k selling limit account, and I have all the documentation required from a friends info (photo ID, invoices, utility bills), do you think I can start selling closer to the 25k mark faster? Since I will have all documentation ready and at hand...all legit.
I'm confused here... when you buy a 1k/25k stealth account, you don't pick the information used to make the account, the info comes in stealth... are you planning to change all of that information to your friends name so you can use his docs? NOT advisable, ebay will see this happened when/if they request documents to you, and that's enough for them to shut down the account due to risk factors.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
What documentation verification are you talking about? I sell in the electronics category and I've never been asked to submit any documentation unless I was trying to bypass category restrictions on a new account.

You shouldn't need to supply any of your friends info if that's all you were planning to use it for. You will just upgrade your account to business and supply your EIN. I recommend upgrading your account to business after the first request for a tax ID from Paypal. DO NOT wait until your paypal account is limited to upgrade because it becomes much more difficult then.

As for the selling velocity you asked about, I would slow it down just a bit. Once you get past the first 90 days, maybe increase your sales by $1k - $2k per month for the next 90 days. After that, as long as you haven't messed up the account, you're pretty much free to increase your selling velocity by however much you want. Just make sure you pay attention to your DSR's because it sounds like that is why you lost your first account (that is also why I lost my first account).
Thanks for the response.
Everything you said makes perfect sense, so you are saying that if I upgrade to business account on paypal ebay will not ask me for info such as photo ID/utility bill etc after the first 90 days?

Also I am worried because if i give paypal my EIN info cant they then see that my name is registered in the EIN and does'nt match the stealth account info?
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
I'm confused here... when you buy a 1k/25k stealth account, you don't pick the information used to make the account, the info comes in stealth... are you planning to change all of that information to your friends name so you can use his docs? NOT advisable, ebay will see this happened when/if they request documents to you, and that's enough for them to shut down the account due to risk factors.
You are right..my mistake..i forgot the fact that this info is supplied with the account purchase
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

You won't have to supply any documents to eBay, don't worry about that.

And Paypal doesn't see you name. You submit your EIN+Business Name to them, and that's all they see. The IRS does not share any of your personal info with Paypal.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You won't have to supply any documents to eBay, don't worry about that.

And Paypal doesn't see you name. You submit your EIN+Business Name to them, and that's all they see. The IRS does not share any of your personal info with Paypal.
Thnx phaz0rz. Just two more questions..if you dont mind

-You said ebay wont ask for docs..but they did ask for docs with my last account (photo id/utility/invoices)?

-If I submit my EIN to paypal which is the same EIN I used in my previous account is it ok? Will my business name raise a flag?

Thnx again!
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for the response.
Everything you said makes perfect sense, so you are saying that if I upgrade to business account on paypal ebay will not ask me for info such as photo ID/utility bill etc after the first 90 days?

Also I am worried because if i give paypal my EIN info cant they then see that my name is registered in the EIN and does'nt match the stealth account info?
Wow.... Any account can be asked for ID at any time by paypal/ebay.

No accounts are immune.

Was your EIN already attached to a paypal account?

Just saw your reply. This EIN is over. Can not be used again with paypal
All things you use with a new stealth account must be new.

Nothing can link to old suspended info. LINK is a danger word.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Wow.... Any account can be asked for ID at any time by paypal/ebay.

No accounts are immune.

Was your EIN already attached to a paypal account?
Luckily no it was not
Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Luckily no it was not
You just said it was.

Old 02-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thnx phaz0rz. Just two more questions..if you dont mind

-You said ebay wont ask for docs..but they did ask for docs with my last account (photo id/utility/invoices)?

-If I submit my EIN to paypal which is the same EIN I used in my previous account is it ok? Will my business name raise a flag?

Thnx again!
what exactly do you mean here?