Question about the impact of Unpaid Item Cases - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Question about the impact of Unpaid Item Cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
A quick review of OP's history shows the first post they ever made which stated they had an EB/PP account "go into the red" and also a statement that they can't get a real bank account unless it was a "second chance" account.

So yea, something tells me our special little OP has serious financial issues and now wants advice on burning sellers on EB. But yea, let's treat everyone like innocent little babies on this forum.
My instincts are usually right on point, and this was no exception.

Everyone here defending OP: You aren't doing him ANY favors. He NEEDS a good kick in the rear to knock some sense into him. He obviously has zero financial intelligence, and babying him won't teach him anything. Just like the people who are on Welfare, "oh it's so sad, we should help them." No, give them an education, and give them a job. None of this "free stuff" or "buy now, pay later" crap. Earn your keep.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (02-13-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
My original EB & PP accounts went down like 2 years ago. Since then I have gotten a new bank account, phone number, and moved to a new address. So everything is legitimately in my name with my info, but not linked to my old accounts.
Ah ok - understood. Did you provide the same birth date as that of the old account?
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
My instincts are usually right on point, and this was no exception.

Everyone here defending OP: You aren't doing him ANY favors. He NEEDS a good kick in the rear to knock some sense into him. He obviously has zero financial intelligence, and babying him won't teach him anything. Just like the people who are on Welfare, "oh it's so sad, we should help them." No, give them an education, and give them a job. None of this "free stuff" or "buy now, pay later" crap. Earn your keep.
Nothing wrong with getting tough on someone when it's necessary, but I'd like to think there's a well defined line between insulting/bullying someone vs serving up some tough love. I can't see--in any situation-- when the former is an actual productive response, rather than an emotional, bitter ...or dare I say... uneducated response because you're not capable to get your point across otherwise?

I must point this out because, it's very true, A LOT if not ALL of the advice you give is golden, I love your posts myself... I just don't understand why it's often packaged in a passive aggressive fashion, if not downright aggressive. The ones you're replying to are far less likely to take anything you say, and that would be a shame. There's a difference between being the alpha male and being an asshole, bruv.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
Nothing wrong with getting tough on someone when it's necessary, but I'd like to think there's a well defined line between insulting/bullying someone vs serving up some tough love. I can't see--in any situation-- when the former is an actual productive response, rather than an emotional, bitter ...or dare I say... uneducated response because you're not capable to get your point across otherwise?

I must point this out because, it's very true, A LOT if not ALL of the advice you give is golden, I love your posts myself... I just don't understand why it's often packaged in a passive aggressive fashion, if not downright aggressive. The ones you're replying to are far less likely to take anything you say, and that would be a shame. There's a difference between being the alpha male and being an asshole, bruv.
My view can be summed up as such:

"There are no dumb questions---only dumb people."

When someone is trying to find a "shortcut" to success, be it through selling phakes, shorting sellers, scamming others, or anything else, I have little patience.

I was there once, that attitude that I could get by without putting in the effort. It took me years through trial and error to see how stupid my idea to skip the hard work was. I WISH someone had come along and told me just how STUPID I was, how ARROGANT it is to think you're smarter than everyone else who's doing things the "right" way. Because if someone had given me that information, maybe I would have listened. But we'll never know, because no one told me that I was an idiot. I had to figure it out on my own, and because of it, wasted years and missed lots of opportunities.

Perhaps OP can learn a lesson from this, perhaps not. Hopefully though, when others look at this thread, they see that the short term gain often leads to long term pain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (02-13-2016), realdeals (02-13-2016), toxicwaltz (02-14-2016)
Old 02-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

Wow.

There are a whole lot of assumptions flying around like crazy in this thread, geez.

I can certainly admit that I had a period in my life durning which things went sour between financial establishments and myself. My wife became seriously ill after our daughter was born, which caused this to occur. However, were one to exercise some reading comprehension skills, they would see that I never said that I was unable to afford the purchase in question. What I said was "we want to wait until Friday, when I get paid." I can see how it would be easy to jump to the conclusion that many of you did, but that doesn't make you right.

I have an Architecture degree from a school consistently ranked as one of the top in the nation for my field. I am employed in a firm that works in high-end residential architecture just outside Washington DC. I'm doing just fine, thanks. I'm not asking for handouts and I'm not looking to burn buyers. If you would continue to look into my previous posts, you would see that I am trying to re-establish a single account for normal household use. I may undertake a second account, but it is doubtful I will need to based on the 200/20k marks.

So, GoA, while I so dearly and deeply appreciate your concern about needing a "good kick in the rear" to address my "zero financial intelligence," I will decline your heartfelt altruism for the moment. Thanks so very much for the offer though!
Old 02-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Sad thing is ebay does not do hypotheticals....

Marks/blemishes on accounts can be taken and used later even if an account is in good standing.

Messing around with buying issues should be avoided.

I get that eBay doesn't do hypotheticals... I was hoping the Aspkin forums would. I get that it is best not to mess around with buyers issues, and that other accommodations can usually be made with the seller, I am not trying to deny or circumvent that. I was hoping re-posing my question as a hypothetical would help clear that up.

I also get that marks and blemishes can be held against an account in good standing later. That is why I am trying to find out if anyone knows whether a UIC that later gets paid counts as one of those marks.
Old 02-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Ah ok - understood. Did you provide the same birth date as that of the old account?
I don't remember off-hand. I don't believe that I did. Is it better to give one that wouldn't match my old account?
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I never said that I was unable to afford the purchase in question. What I said was "we want to wait until Friday, when I get paid."
Maybe it is just me, but if I have not got the money to pay for something when I make an offer to buy, then I don't bid on it.

If you bid on an item, but decide you wish to wait til the Friday you get paid, before you complete the transaction, then it DOES mean either you can not afford to pay, or your a ****, or both.

I don't go into the local supermarket and say, 'These bananas look lovely, I would like you to take them off the shelf and make them unavailable for others to buy, I will probably pay you in the next 7 days-ish'. Sounds a totally stupid way to act doesn't it?

That is though exactly what you have done.
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I never said that I was unable to afford the purchase in question. What I said was "we want to wait until Friday, when I get paid."
So IF you could afford the purchase in question, why would you need to wait until Friday, and why would the fact you get paid on this day even be relevant?
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Maybe it is just me, but if I have not got the money to pay for something when I make an offer to buy, then I don't bid on it.

If you bid on an item, but decide you wish to wait til the Friday you get paid, before you complete the transaction, then it DOES mean either you can not afford to pay, or your a ****, or both.

I don't go into the local supermarket and say, 'These bananas look lovely, I would like you to take them off the shelf and make them unavailable for others to buy, I will probably pay you in the next 7 days-ish'. Sounds a totally stupid way to act doesn't it?

That is though exactly what you have done.
This.

If you're so successful, with your brilliant education and high-paying job, why is it so hard to pay for an item when you buy it? Why are you living paycheck to paycheck? I got news for you: Financially successful people don't live paycheck to paycheck.

If you need it now, but don't have the cash today, get a credit card. You pay no interest if you pay it off in full during the grace period, usually 30 days. Very simple.

If you knew better, you'd do better.

Simple as that. I suggest picking up some financial advice books, a good one to start with is "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".

Best of luck to the brilliant, successful, highly paid professional who lives paycheck to paycheck.
Old 02-13-2016
Threadstarter  

I do not live paycheck to paycheck. Continuing to rant about assumptions you've made is simply a waste of your time. The desire to wait to make payment has to do with what accounts our funds exist in and the fees associated with moving those funds, as well as the way I recieve my paycheck.

To elaborate on your metaphor Realdeals, I do not go into a grocery store and bid on the aforementioned lovely bananas, and wait to see if anyone outbids me for them. Now even if I did expect this particular grocery store to operate in the way you described, then we would need to consider the store's posted policy, that if I do ask for the lovely bananas to be put aside, then the store manager can take official action to ensure my payment between 2 and 31 days from when I asked that the lovely bananas be put aside. Perhaps it doesn't make me the greatest customer to put the manager in that position, heck it might even make me multiple asterisks. And if you do think it makes me multiple asterisks, then that is absolutely bully for you. It does not, however, negate my desire to know whether this official action has any impact on my management of my own lovely banana shop, nor my belief that it would be best to ask a group of very experienced lovely banana shop managers if they have any knowledge they may be willing to share on the subject.

I will likely cease playing into your misinformed flame war after this post, such that the thread can get back to topic.

Love,
-E

Last edited by EWHendo; 02-13-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I do not live paycheck to paycheck. Continuing to rant about assumptions you've made is simply a waste of your time. The desire to wait to make payment has to do with what accounts our funds exist in and the fees associated with moving those funds, as well as the way I recieve my paycheck.

To elaborate on your metaphor Realdeals, I do not go into a grocery store and bid on the aforementioned lovely bananas, and wait to see if anyone outbids me for them. Now even if I did expect this particular grocery store to operate in the way you described, then we would need to consider the store's posted policy, that if I do ask for the lovely bananas to be put aside, then the store manager can take official action to ensure my payment between 2 and 31 days from when I asked that the lovely bananas be put aside. Perhaps it doesn't make me the greatest customer to put the manager in that position, heck it might even make me multiple asterisks. And if you do think it makes me multiple asterisks, then that is absolutely bully for you. It does not, however, negate my desire to know whether this official action has any impact on my management of my own lovely banana shop, nor my belief that it would be best to ask a group of very experienced lovely banana shop managers if they have any knowledge they may be willing to share on the subject.

I will likely cease playing into your misinformed flame war after this post, such that the thread can get back to topic.

Love,
-E
To answer your question and put this thread in the grave:

ANY negative marks, notes, strikes, etc that is recorded on your account, can and will be held against you in a court of law.*

*Kidding

Seriously though, anything negative on your account is saved and stored on eBay servers FOREVER. At any point, a rep or bot reviewing your account can see this information, and use it to decide the fate of the account.

In short, if YOU were an eBay rep, and saw an account had a history of having unpaid item cases opened, would this make you more or less likely to suspend the account?

There's no hard and fast answer for this, as GreenBean said, there are no hypothetical situations with eBay. But you only need to know basic human psychology to draw a very probable conclusion. Doing what you described can only work AGAINST you. Just like when you fail to pay your bills on time, your credit rating takes a hit (which you're already aware of), when you don't pay for items on eBay in a timely manner, it will NOT reflect well on you.

Will you be instantaneously suspended overnight? I doubt it. But when a rep or bot calculates your risk/value to eBay, rest assured, their athogarithms will take everything into account.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I get that eBay doesn't do hypotheticals... I was hoping the Aspkin forums would. I get that it is best not to mess around with buyers issues, and that other accommodations can usually be made with the seller, I am not trying to deny or circumvent that. I was hoping re-posing my question as a hypothetical would help clear that up.

I also get that marks and blemishes can be held against an account in good standing later. That is why I am trying to find out if anyone knows whether a UIC that later gets paid counts as one of those marks.
Risk of hypotheticals is they cross to supposed facts in some cases.

Users may not want to admit in open forum they suxed as buyers & sellers. That needs to be taken into account too.
Old 02-14-2016

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Risk of hypotheticals is they cross to supposed facts in some cases.

Users may not want to admit in open forum they suxed as buyers & sellers. That needs to be taken into account too.
i suck at buying and selling
Old 02-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbhuy View Post
i suck at buying and selling
Who cares?

Old 02-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If you pay before the case closes then no harm.

I have automated setting so if you pay now or 1, 2 etc. days after case is open makes no difference. Ill take the money anytime you want to provide it.
Old 02-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
If you pay before the case closes then no harm.
In general, I agree, but if an account has a history of waiting until cases are opened before paying (40+, as OP mentioned) I highly doubt eBays algorithms aren't going to consider that. It would be akin to a consumer waiting until they get their first letter from a collections agency before paying any bill---in short, a high risk, irresponsible customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
realdeals (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for providing some reasonable answers. I appreciate it.