Address ideas? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Address ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lock View Post
Wow. You guys are brutal! Speaking as a somewhat newbie myself, what is obvious to y'all is not obvious to newcomers. How are we supposed to know these questions have been asked over and over?

This forum is quite large and any newcomer may not know how to navigate it and look for answers. I certainly didn't know that I could use the "search" button when I first started. Be nice already!!!
Well, if you don't know how to locate a search feature then odds will be against you from the start. If you do not know how to read then you are unlikely to succeed in stealth.

Anyone who has spent a reasonable time reading the forum, and tried to help themselves, would know 95% of these same questions get asked over and over again. It seems people can't be bothered to do a little reading first and help themselves. Everyone is in a rush. The people who expect instant answers spoon fed to them all the time are the ones who are likely to have the lowest stealth life expectancy.

It is not about being nice. It is about people being too lazy to do a little background research first. It isn't hard to do. This forum has so much easy to find information. If some can't be bothered to help themselves why should others help them? Especially when those people have already asked the same questions in previous threads, and where given answers. Also, when given answers argue with the people that gave them, as if they knew better all along.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 67%

I'd argue anyone who takes what they read for face-value and doesn't repeat the question it in their own threads, THEY'RE unlikely to succeed in stealth. You should search to get a basic idea of how a mechanic works, cook a few ideas in your head, but always come back to make your own thread about it before implementing it.

OP also made a good point 'Things that worked before from earlier threads may not be updated and work the same as now.' ... Now if he read a thread in late 2014, where someone said 'Yeah I used a PO box and it went great' and if OP went with a PO box like he originally planned, he probably would have been greeted with a 0/0, since he asked a couple of times, yankee helped him out and he found out it's not best to start with a po box.

Not to mention every stealthier can have different needs, it's not a one-size fits all, and what works for some doesn't work for others, some have to go through extra hoops while others don't. OP sells a difficult product, has high volume, and wants to get to a 50k monthly setup-- this ISN'T going to be easy for him. A thread someone made trying to get back onto ebay selling genetic clothes is going to be no help for him. And I tend to ignore details in threads from and before 2014.

TL;DR: I understand where you're coming from though, the op PERSONALITY does seem confrontational and needy for someone who's in the position to LEARN-- but it's important you distinguish it's OP's attitude that's the problem, and NOT a newbie asking a common question.
Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
I don't think so, but I don't know for sure-- I've always used third party shipping tools to ship and have the freedom to use any return address I want without worrying about eb seeing it.

I strongly recommend you look into one if you'll be running multiply accounts. I cannot say enough nice things about shipstation.
First time hearing about this, sounds legit. How do you handle a return if a buyer wants to do it? Does shipstation provide return labels? What if the buyer opens a case? Do you just a send a label to them via USPS and instruct them to use that? Thx
Old 02-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
First time hearing about this, sounds legit. How do you handle a return if a buyer wants to do it? Does shipstation provide return labels? What if the buyer opens a case? Do you just a send a label to them via USPS and instruct them to use that? Thx
Yeah it's very easy to create a return label with shipstation for an order, and they will email it to your buyer once you pay for it with instructions how to use it.

If a buyer opens a case you let them know you'll email them a return label, and if THEY'RE paying for return shipping, simply refund them minus the shipping label cost.

Another neat detail is you can buy your labels through your rewards credit card, $$
Old 02-12-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from though, the op PERSONALITY does seem confrontational and needy for someone who's in the position to LEARN-- but it's important you distinguish it's OP's attitude that's the problem, and NOT a newbie asking a common question.
I don't need to distinguish between the two, they are both problems.

I have no problem with any newbie asking questions, that is part of why the forum is here after all, as long as there is evidence that they have tried to help themselves and done some reading before hand. Instead I see the same new people open multiple threads asking the same questions as their previous threads, that have already been fully answered. These threads may have been opened a few days, hours or sometimes just minutes apart.

It is not a new thing, not at all. It does not bode well for their future stealths though if they operate in this way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-12-2016), yankee (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016

If they're doing that, that should just show how confused & scared they are of the whole process and want to double, sometimes triple check, their movements and plans. You should try BETTER to help them understand or if it's annoying you, simply ignore it, and hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps for them.

Anyway, rest easy buddy, as long as I'm active I'll help out my confused bros, regardless of how many times they need clarification. that IS what this forum is about.
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
If they're doing that, that should just show how confused & scared they are of the whole process and want to double, sometimes triple check, their movements and plans. You should try BETTER to help them understand or if it's annoying you, simply ignore it, and hopefully someone else can fill in the gaps for them.

Anyway, rest easy buddy, as long as I'm active I'll help out my confused bros, regardless of how many times they need clarification. that IS what this forum is about.
What about sisters?

You should consider what the advice is though. I notice you did do that about purchasing an account with our case in point.

Our case is talking of VPN and two accounts. Despite repeated questions, a variety of replies after about one week of activity, easier options barely got a mention.

Responders are not thinking more accurately what a newbie might manage. No wonder there is confusion.

Realistically, sensibly, his MO should be different.

Old 02-12-2016

Sry sis

and true, when I try to give advice, a lot of times I think too much from my point of view and my own personal scale/experience, and not that of a first timer... I'll work on that.
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Sry sis

and true, when I try to give advice, a lot of times I think too much from my point of view and my own personal scale/experience, and not that of a first timer... I'll work on that.
You are not one of the worries...

Besides we are going off topic....

Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lock View Post
Wow. You guys are brutal! Speaking as a somewhat newbie myself, what is obvious to y'all is not obvious to newcomers. How are we supposed to know these questions have been asked over and over?

This forum is quite large and any newcomer may not know how to navigate it and look for answers. I certainly didn't know that I could use the "search" button when I first started. Be nice already!!!
OP is not a newbie at all. He has been around a while now. He asks the same questions over and over again. He argues and gets offended when the 63,000 of us make a suggestion or disagree.

Sooo...that is why almost nobody even replies to his threads and why when the 2 or 3 of us do, it is cold and to the point. Spoon feeding times 100 in this case.
The only reason I reply at all is because the OP wants to learn, just happens to be sensitive to what people say.
Old 02-13-2016

Quote:
Yeah it's very easy to create a return label with shipstation for an order, and they will email it to your buyer once you pay for it with instructions how to use it.

If a buyer opens a case you let them know you'll email them a return label, and if THEY'RE paying for return shipping, simply refund them minus the shipping label cost.

Another neat detail is you can buy your labels through your rewards credit card, $$
Still doesn't solve the 'buying with stealth account ' issue, right? I couldn't figure out how to buy something and have it shipped to my real address with a 100% stealth account....I guess these are for selling only....
Old 02-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
Still doesn't solve the 'buying with stealth account ' issue, right? I couldn't figure out how to buy something and have it shipped to my real address with a 100% stealth account....I guess these are for selling only....
Right, shipstation isn't going to help you at all in that regard... AFIAK there are no easy ways to buy on a stealth account without the awkward conversation of 'yo bro can you ship to this address instead?'.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
AFIAK there are no easy ways to buy on a stealth account without the awkward conversation of 'yo bro can you ship to this address instead?'.

Sure there is.
Ship to a PO box, USP Store, forwarding company etc..

Super easy to buy on stealth accounts. Nothing awkward at all. You can add a new address every time if you wanted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
nate (07-24-2016), realdeals (02-14-2016)
Old 02-13-2016

Longevity: 74%

Yeah just not one that would link you to another account.
Old 02-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbhuy View Post
Yeah just not one that would link you to another account.
I think it's okay to use an address on a BUYERS account that's been used on a suspended account before... as long as the suspension wasn't buyer related.

That was the case a couple years ago, I haven't bought from eb in years
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I think it's okay to use an address on a BUYERS account that's been used on a suspended account before... as long as the suspension wasn't buyer related.

That was the case a couple years ago, I haven't bought from eb in years
Ok, lets clear this up.
Buying on a steath SELLING account. Use a NEVER USED ON EBAY/PAYPAL PO Box or UPS store box or equivalent or forwarding company.

IF the account is buying only, you can use your banned address but dont attempt selling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Mitsu (02-13-2016), nate (07-24-2016)
Old 02-13-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Ok, lets clear this up.
Buying on a steath SELLING account. Use a NEVER USED ON EBAY/PAYPAL PO Box or UPS store box or equivalent or forwarding company.

IF the account is buying only, you can use your banned address but dont attempt selling.

yeah my bad for some reason i was assuming that you were spending seller accounts funds by buying stuff,
Old 02-13-2016

i thought i posted this already but i use this website to get address.
https://goo.gl/ShOyVv
then i click Go to a Google Map of this location make sure its a decent looking house and boom got myself an address lol

if you're trying to get an address in a certain area obviously you're going to want to use a real estate website with like a zipcode or something but if you're just making stealth accounts that website is awesome for pulling addresses.
Old 02-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
OP is not a newbie at all. He has been around a while now. He asks the same questions over and over again. He argues and gets offended when the 63,000 of us make a suggestion or disagree.

Sooo...that is why almost nobody even replies to his threads and why when the 2 or 3 of us do, it is cold and to the point. Spoon feeding times 100 in this case.
The only reason I reply at all is because the OP wants to learn, just happens to be sensitive to what people say.

Enough of the sensitive rubbish.

Taking the first things offered do not stealth accounts make.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-13-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2016

Quote:
If you want access to the address, mom/pop mail store boxes and UPS boxes are other options that might still work out, not sure though.

Otherwise you can pick any address you want, preferably one that is for sell or empty.

If you're concerned about the return address, you can setup shipstation to do your shipping and use any return/ship from address you'd like, ebay will not see it.
Does this mean that shipstation allows you to 'edit' the return address before printing the shipping labels?

I plan on having USPS pick-up my items at the house, and I think having packages picked up from a different address and name than the return label seems odd/suspicious(lol).

Last edited by W23rdst; 04-11-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

No problem at all. Do you really think USPS looks at the names and addresses of the return when doing a pickup and even if they did, what are they suspicious of?
Old 04-11-2016

Considering the name on the shipping labels will be a woman's name, and no one by that name has ever lived here, yes I think it look suspicious.

Thanks for your input on my question about Shipstation.