Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-25-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Question

I recently purchased something on ebay..after I paid for the item the seller sent me a personal message stating that the item will be shipped out asap and also in the message stated that they want to make sure I know what I will be receiving, and included the description of the item again in this message.

They then stated "please confirm whether you would like the item shipped out or not"

Anyway, I found this to be very professional and I am going to do the same when I sell items out of my store, HOWEVER what if I had stated to the seller I do not want the item anymore and he did not ship it out after sending me this message and after I had paid, my question being would this have any negative impact on the seller if they cancelled the order after I have already paid?
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Question

I don't see a negative impact as long as no claim was opened. Cancellation of a sale because of buyers happens all the time - whether due to last minute change of hearts or other issues...
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I don't see a negative impact as long as no claim was opened. Cancellation of a sale because of buyers happens all the time - whether due to last minute change of hearts or other issues...
Thanks,
so in the case I decided to not purchase this item after payment was made the seller would just refund me through ebay and put the reason being because buyer decided not to purchase right?
Old 04-25-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Are you 100% sure cancellations (regardless of reason) have no impact on metrics? I'm talking about, if this become a regular occurrence, I doubt ebay will like the look of it? (not sure myself, just wondering)
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You will get destroyed in communication ratings if from Ebay messages. To me this is exceedingly unprofessional, wastes time and distracts from productive work.

When a buyer buys an item and then pays for it, 99.9% want the item. They dont want silly messages that may cause delays in shipping etc...They want what the searched for, commited to buy and paid for.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Play (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You will get destroyed in communication ratings if from Ebay messages. To me this is exceedingly unprofessional, wastes time and distracts from productive work.

When a buyer buys an item and then pays for it, 99.9% want the item. They dont want silly messages that may cause delays in shipping etc...They want what the searched for, commited to buy and paid for.
But this seller has 99.9% positive feedback and a full five star on communication.
The reason I thought its a good idea is because some buyers don't fully read descriptions before buying.

Why would it destroy communications ratings?
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
Thanks,
so in the case I decided to not purchase this item after payment was made the seller would just refund me through ebay and put the reason being because buyer decided not to purchase right?
Wait a minute - I had understood you as a seller cancelling for a buyer who requests it.

As a BUYER...there is a difference...if you make payment but decide to cancel, the seller has a choice: he can accept the reason or decide not to cancel. Then you would need to make claim and it gets messy.

Sorry, I had understood that the situation was a MUTUAL acceptance - if so, there is unlikely to be issues.
Old 04-25-2016

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
I recently purchased something on ebay..after I paid for the item the seller sent me a personal message stating that the item will be shipped out asap and also in the message stated that they want to make sure I know what I will be receiving, and included the description of the item again in this message.

They then stated "please confirm whether you would like the item shipped out or not"

Anyway, I found this to be very professional and I am going to do the same when I sell items out of my store, HOWEVER what if I had stated to the seller I do not want the item anymore and he did not ship it out after sending me this message and after I had paid, my question being would this have any negative impact on the seller if they cancelled the order after I have already paid?
Thanks
could be just a tactic to win some time if seller run out of stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Frodo For This Useful Post:
yankee (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Wait a minute - I had understood you as a seller cancelling for a buyer who requests it.

As a BUYER...there is a difference...if you make payment but decide to cancel, the seller has a choice: he can accept the reason or decide not to cancel. Then you would need to make claim and it gets messy.

Sorry, I had understood that the situation was a MUTUAL acceptance - if so, there is unlikely to be issues.
Well the situation is I am the buyer and the seller confirms after I have made a payment that "product xyz in xyz condition" is what you will be getting as the buyer just to confirm you still want this item and you know what you are getting.

Soo my question was if I as the buyer decide to say "no i dont want it anymore"...and the seller simply refunds me will it hurt the seller in any way.?
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
But this seller has 99.9% positive feedback and a full five star on communication.
The reason I thought its a good idea is because some buyers don't fully read descriptions before buying.

Why would it destroy communications ratings?
Was it an email message or an ebay message? I am guessing an automated EMAIL in reply to paypal payment. This is not a problem.

On ebay, if a buyer/seller has no communication AFTER purchase, then you get an automatic five stars. Communication is always a weak spot for star ratings if a buyer can leave it.
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Was it an email message or an ebay message? I am guessing an automated EMAIL in reply to paypal payment. This is not a problem.

On ebay, if a buyer/seller has no communication AFTER purchase, then you get an automatic five stars. Communication is always a weak spot for star ratings if a buyer can leave it.
Ebay message
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ebay message
I am guessing they are out of stock or low stock and looking for an excuse to ship late or cancel.

Imagine all the messages you have to deal with if you did this on every order. How confused some people would be and how annoyed someone might be that thinks the item did not ship because they never check the email registered to ebay from 10 years ago. lol

Just pointing out the potential flaws. I know I never read emails and would be really pissed off if someone did not send my item waiting around a day or ten for my response about if I really wanted the item I ordered.

Maybe test it on one account and see how it goes?
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Sooo..just to be clear then,

if there is any communication between buyer and seller before a purchase is made, the buyer CAN give the seller weak communication stars even if they never purchase the item or pay for it or ONLY if they do then purchase and pay??

Also, if a buyer purchases an item and decides they do not want it, BUT have already paid for it, it would be wiser for the seller to wait two days and open an unpaid item case instead refund the buyer then and there and cancel the order since doing this leaves the seller vulnerable to neg feedback correct?

From my understanding if the buyer doesn't want the item they have clicked to buy it now or bid on and won, and seller files a item not paid case, it is protection for the seller because once the case is the open the buyer can no longer leave a neg?
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Absolutely NO impact on Sellers DSR's if it is the BUYER who asks for the transaction to be cancelled.
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Absolutely NO impact on Sellers DSR's if it is the BUYER who asks for the transaction to be cancelled.
Are you sure?
I read that if the buyer asks for transaction to be cancelled and the seller does not wait 48hrs and open an Unpaid item case, then after the cancellation is made from the seller the buyer can leave a neg feed?
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

1.) If no communication AFTER purchase occurs, you get 5 stars.

2.) The advantage of cancelling a transaction is to eliminate the return process and hopefully curtail poor feedback. If a BUYER asks to cancel, you can have poor feedback removed. If you ask you have zero protection.

3.) Unpaid item cases should be automated and yes they offer protection.
Old 04-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Are you sure?
I read that if the buyer asks for transaction to be cancelled and the seller does not wait 48hrs and open an Unpaid item case, then after the cancellation is made from the seller the buyer can leave a neg feed?
For unpaid items, yes. If they paid and you refund, then no.
Old 04-25-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

@OP - what is your feedback rating on this particular buyer account?

Im thinking, maybe it was fairly new? so the seller just wanted to run things through with you again before sending out the item?