Acct limited, phasing out old account, moving to previous account and stealth.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Acct limited, phasing out old account, moving to previous account and stealth....

Thanks to the information here, I am finally ready to bring my dormant account back to life, and start making some stealth accounts incase I have eBay trouble in the future! (Acct limited after unclosed returns after I became top-rated plus)

In addition to a new bank acct, and new PayPal acct, and/or adding an existing EIN to my new PP, I will need to phase out my (increasingly) limited eBay account. They limited me to 70 items last month, and I can tell its on its way down to 50 items next month. I can't even re-list some items that didn't sell.

What should be my strategy for getting rid of the few remaining items on my account? Should I pull them and list them on my new account with different pictures and titles... or just keep re-listing here until they sell? They are getting ZERO exposure at the bottom of the pages.

If I pull after the auctions end and re-list on my other account....

Its a 16 year old dormant selling account last extensively used a couple years ago.. with the exception of 1 sale and some purchases recently... it supposidly has 'no pre-set limits'... eBay rep said it was set up before limits.

Is there a process I should follow when starting back on the new (old) account? It only has 1 recent sale. Is it safe to list 50 items the first month? 100 the next? I have a roughly 50% sell through rate, so if I list 50, I will sell 25.

Should I allow a couple month cooling off period for these items before I do anything? Or are there enough items on eBay they won't be noticed?

I see I need to use all new pictures. Will my phone give any linking information about the device in the photo details if manually reviewed? I plan to use the same device, just take them in another room, or with a white background to get in the Amazon mindset.

I have already decided to re-list any items with identifying marks where they are. (An identifying scratch, stain, etc under manual review seems like it would be telling). They'd have different pictures but with the same data and marks.

Most importantly.. should I keep selling on my limited account for appearances and risk linking if not careful? Should I leave a few months inbetween leaving the one entirely and switching to the other... so it doesn't look like I jumped ship? Or just use both at the same time and look like two separate people? The goal is to return to my original account in a year when it will be back to top rated.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-18-2016 at 10:33 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Acct limited, phasing out old account, moving to previous account and stealth....

Lol that may have been too long.... basically..... this account is nearly worthless, it dropped down to 70 items a month. I went from great sales to $1000 or less a month. I could keep listing the sure things, and make $1000 a month on this account. OR... I can list on my new /old account.

Should I keep this account active, at the risk of linking if not careful.... to keep the positive feedback coming in, show activity, and protect whats left of my selling limits? Or should I abandon this account.. and return to it in 10 months when the seller rating improves?

Last edited by stressed08; 05-20-2016 at 08:54 PM.