Has this ever happened to anyone, Papal refusing to credit payment - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-17-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Has this ever happened to anyone, Papal refusing to credit payment

So I have an irate buyer. Not necessarily the nicest guy anyway from reading his fb left so assumed he was just jerking me around to get a free antenna. I explained his His payment appears as processing. Awaiting payment it reads also. So it's processing for two whole days when he contacts me. He pms me thru ebay saying he sees in his paypal acct that his payment credited (which I believe is a lie but really, who knows this is all so nutty). My repeated responses iis to contact paypal. I received payment just fine the day before on a sale -and- have for many years. He says he did contact paypal and they say I need to confirm my email. An email I've used for years so I don't believe buyer and remind him that whether it is a confirmed email or not is not information Paypal gives out to buyers concerning my acct. Nor does it affect him so again, please contact Paypal. I then apologize saying I cannot contact them for his credit card issues, they wont' speak to me. So he tries to put it on me. He's rude and says I am mental...but that is beside the point. later in the day, I get more crazy emails. Now from Ebay and Paypal.

My name is Deloris and I am with PayPal. Today I spoke to a customer who states that he tried to send you a payment for $9.95 on June 14,2016 transaction id number 97D029871Y389714E which shows to be unclaimed. Please contact PayPal so we can get this issue resolved.
Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We value what you have to say, and we know situations like this can be difficult. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."
You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

Sincerely,
Deloris
PayPal Customer Solutions

Thanks for selling on eBay.

We were recently contacted by{deleted name}about an issue with item {deleted part of the title} Antenna
Please contact eBay or Paypal for you to claim the payment. We've also asked the buyer to contact you in order to work things out.
If the issue has already been resolved, please disregard this message.This is a courtesy message to put you and the buyer in touch with one another to resolve an issue. Please don't reply to this message as it was sent from a mailbox that isn't monitored.

From Paypal-

You've still got cash!

On Jun 14, 2016 you received $9.95 USD from deleted his ebay Id here. After you sign up for a PayPal account you will not only have access to the money sent by Airport Ride, you can also use your account in the following ways:
- Send Money to anyone with an email address
- Pay for over 3,000,000 eBay auctions
- Shop at more than 30,000 websites that accept PayPal
- Pay for gas or dinner with your PayPal Debit Card

Or you can just withdraw your money directly to your bank account.With all the ways for you to use PayPal, claim your funds today by clicking on the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/us/links/uni/em=(deleted my ebay id_ here_)

Note: If you do not claim your money by Jul 14, 2016, this payment will be automatically cancelled and the money will be returned to deleted his id's account. In addition, deleted buyers email here has the option to cancel this payment at any time until you have claimed.

I plan on doing nothing since I don't care much for this account anyhow, and the buyer is getting screwed but got he really snotty with me accusing me of lying. Leaves a ton of reds for sellers anyhow. This account is not top rated and I don't need or want it. Anyone experienced anything like this? this is more of a rant. Thank you for listening

Last edited by outdoorsygal; 06-17-2016 at 01:51 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Has this ever happened to anyone, Papal refusing to credit payment

I skimmed through your post... Might miss something. Question, When you login to paypal, under transactions, Is there one showing unclaimed which you have to click to claim?
Old 06-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I skimmed through your post... Might miss something. Question, When you login to paypal, under transactions, Is there one showing unclaimed which you have to click to claim?
Good evening.
When I login into paypal, it's as if the transaction never existed. Nothing there.

When I logged in paypal for a few days, not any more... but it immediately zoomed to a screen that requested me to sign up for a new paypal account. Then at the bottom of the screen, there were a few small buttons which you could click to Proceed to account or something of that nature. It was not specific on the KIND of paypal account to sign up for. Paypal is now back to the way it was before when I log in. So I don't see the page requesting me to sign up for new paypal account when I log into paypal.

They told the buyer a few different things on the phone, such as i needed to confrim my email. they want me to sign up for new paypal acct so they can hold my funds imho. Not sure what would happen to the old one, but it might be left to operate only for my other ebay account I have. The one i normally use has more expensive items. this ebay acct I just started back to using.

So basically, in order to "claim my funds" (as if I've won some sort of prize) I can have the honor of getting paid if i jump thru these hoops.

I've sold about $1200 on my other Ebay account (top rated)in the last two months going thru this one paypal acct. I only have one paypal acct. Buyer pm'd with his phone number and was pretty civil (after I posted this) so I called him and told him I'd send the item for free, while apologizing. He's insisted on paying me, he was actually really nice about it. My assistant had opened up a case automatically and he was worried he'd get dinged somehow so tried to pay me again and the same thing happened. duplicate pm's of the one's I posted here were sent. He won't get dinged unless it's habit he doesn't pay people and I don't see that.

It said if I don't "claim" the amount aka sign up for a new paypal by July 9th, the money will go back to his account. Totally unfair to buyer to hold his $ hostage. It was $9.95 just to get this account some feedback and experience to start up again from a long time ago.

My paypal account is still working fine for my other ebay top rated account but we'll see how long that continues. I just tried to transfer just $15 for fun to ensure it will go thru to my bank. The transaction appears in my Paypal but sometimes they change their minds the following day. Usually their tricks I can predict but this was a pretty bizarre one. Hope this makes sense

Last edited by outdoorsygal; 06-19-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

All of the information you posted here and responses you posted from PP are exactly what happens when money is sent to an email address that has never been attached to a PP account. This is why it says "claim" your money. They want you to sign up and join PP.

I cannot offer anything else other than that, but I have done this many of times with emails not attached to any PP account. All you do is attach the email address the money was sent to, to any PP account you want (or sign up for a new one) and the transaction will magically appear.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-19-2016)
Old 06-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
All of the information you posted here and responses you posted from PP are exactly what happens when money is sent to an email address that has never been attached to a PP account. This is why it says "claim" your money. They want you to sign up and join PP.

I cannot offer anything else other than that, but I have done this many of times with emails not attached to any PP account. All you do is attach the email address the money was sent to, to any PP account you want (or sign up for a new one) and the transaction will magically appear.
Thank you so much! So my guess is, somehow during the listing process, it had a different email there than the email I use. Because my paypal only has one email address attached.
funny but I sold something the day before and the day before that on this account. Money was credited to my paypal account just fine. But maybe it was a glitch. I'll just use it as a buyers acct for now on. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Edited to add-
Here's a pic of the feedback & follow up FB I left for the buyer early today
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4xexxxcn.png

Last edited by outdoorsygal; 06-19-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Yes, it is a really crappy situation. Somehow this money was sent to another account and he will eventually get his money back. Unfortunately, he is just acting like a child.

Other experienced sellers can also chime in on this, but I cannot tell you how many times over the past 6+ since I've been selling in high volume that even when printing labels through PP, I will actually end up printing a label with a different name and address that does not even belong to my account. It's literally someone else's label from a completely different PP. How or why it happens is unknown. But, PP and EB are full of glitches since they process millions of payments worldwide.

You're just going to have to let the buyer calm down and let him deal with PP directly. Since the payment is not in your account, there is literally nothing you can do. If you need this account, the only other thing left to do is to have EB investigate the situation and try and get the feedback removed. Otherwise, do not waster any more time on this transaction.
Old 06-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks unknown!! You've given me even more useful info!

How bizarre about printing out other people's names and addresses on postage and the taking money out of the wrong people's accounts. BECAUSE OF THAT INFO, I now share an Amazon Prime Acct with my son. So I cannot pass up a plug here since it was free to add me on as a family member. he doesn't live here either nor do we share credit cards either. Seperate Amazon accounts sharing the prime membership.

Just an FYI for everyone but your family members can pay for one prime account for free shipping, and add on many people who have seperate amazon accounts. I think my son paid $99 for his amazon prime But we share the streaming movies, so it's already been really nice watching Fuller House episodes back to back.

I work EBAY while on the clock already at another job. I highly recommend it for us non-college educated people, or those who probably wont go too high up in life due to age etc...I am paid to shop at 5-6 thrift stores, mileage, I take pics, list items, answer pm's, check prices, etc at work. I cannot do ebay postage while at work unless I bring my own printer and that is too much trouble. Planned it that way upon being hired. And I do more work than the other employees so it's all good.

My shifts are 18 hrs, paid to shop at thrift stores, and paid to sleep for 6-7 hrs each night in the private bedroom they provide w/a desk, fridge and internet.vAlso private bathroom w/shower and these jobs are in demand. Hourly wage is just $1.25 more per hr than minimum wage in California but my insurance- medical insurance is only $10 mo. w/$5-10 copays, no deductible, free dental and 75 thousand dollars free life insurance. Other lesser perks too. It's also an in demand job so I planned to work ebay on the clock upon being hired. So that lets me add $700+ per month onto the hourly wage and it makes it very worth it.

These jobs are in demand, all over the US paid thru taxpayer dollars if anyone wants to pm me. I am paid to sleep about 6 hrs per night after the time of doing my ebay. Usually do ebay for 1 hr or so.

Ebay has a hell of a time with me logging in from work and is always pulling this CAPTSHA stuff on me when logging in but that's about the worst so far. Ebay adding my work internet ip only means no CAPSHA for a short time...until I switch ips to my home ip so it's not permanent.

Last edited by outdoorsygal; 06-19-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Don't worry about your IP so much unless you start trying to operate multiple accounts on one IP address. Just don't clear your browser data. That's what they are looking for moreso than IP.
Old 06-20-2016

Longevity: 64%

Quote:

Exactly, happened to me on an account I purchased. I check them all very carefully now.
Old 06-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Don't worry about your IP so much unless you start trying to operate multiple accounts on one IP address. Just don't clear your browser data. That's what they are looking for moreso than IP.
Thanks I just fixed my firefox so it won't automatically clear history each time I quit