Is Ebay Going to Ban Me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-17-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Is Ebay Going to Ban Me?

Defect rate is at 7.1 % because I had one transaction closed ebay and 4 cancelled transactions for being out of stock. 70 transactions total. Ebay only allows a 2% defect rate, right now I'm rated as above standard but my evaluation comes on the 20th and it already says I will be rated below standard if I was rated today and my us and global ratings are in jeopardy

Last edited by Swizzle; 07-17-2016 at 06:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is Ebay Going to Ban Me?

Would buy stuff at the dollar tree to see but I would have to get 250 transactions before I'm back under 2%

Last edited by Swizzle; 07-17-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Sell lots of cheap item at rock bottom prices.

Buying dollar store stuff to sell for a dollar on ebay wont sell as quick - as if you were to buy 5 dollar items and flog it off for a dollar... they would sell like hotcakes, and thats exactly what you need now.

Also make sure to include a note asking kindly to leave you positive feedback as soon as they get the package.
Old 07-17-2016
Threadstarter  

I have 3 days and I would have to buy a lot, it would cost me nearly 900$ upfront to do that. I need to get top 250 transactions, not 150.
Old 07-17-2016

Longevity: 47%

That seems too hard to do in 3 days, almost impossible. I would just wait and see what happens. Not a pleasant feeling but you never know, it might turn out okay.
Old 07-17-2016
Threadstarter  

Well I have a second account that just got linked, I know for sure it's linked. If they ban this account or limit it so you think the other one will go down too? I'm currently full time
Old 07-17-2016

I've had a rate higher than 2% a few times on separate stealth accounts and nothing happened, thats why I think you might be okay. As long as you refunded everyone and no lasting issues. I think you will be fine.

Please do update us if anything happens, I'd like to know.
Old 07-17-2016
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
Well I have a second account that just got linked, I know for sure it's linked. If they ban this account or limit it so you think the other one will go down too? I'm currently full time

Sounds like you need a 3rd or 4th account up and running.

I'd rather have 2-3 times as many backup accounts ready to go than I can use.. you never know when you'll need them.
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I totally agree with Aspkin. If you are depending on your eBay or Amazon account to make a living then it is dangerous to have just one or two of them. Because then eBay can shut down between 50% and 100% of your business.

I originally made it my goal that no single account would represent more than 10% of my overall sales. I have since brought that down to under 5% (I have 27 active stealth accounts) and I sleep pretty well at night.

Back before I got banned, I had just my one eBay account and I was not selling anywhere else. When eBay banned me, it really hurt. I was really worried about money because even though I had some savings, that goes quickly when no money is coming in. Luckily I found this forum and started to recover as best I could. It took me several months to get back to where I was and I swore that eBay would NEVER again have the chance to shut down 100% of my business in one hissy fit.

The fact is, for independent sellers, eBay and Amazon are TERRIBLE platforms to build a business on, unless you spread out your sales over many accounts. That is because they are unstable and you can get banned in the blink of an eye, over nothing.

I wish I had a dollar for every PM I have received from a newly banned eBay seller asking me how quickly they can get back on eBay and be selling the same amount each month that they were selling before they got banned. They are always very disappointed when I tell them it will take several months. Many of them have little savings to fall back on, so they really ARE in a tight spot when that ban hammer comes down.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (07-18-2016)
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Also make sure to include a note asking kindly to leave you positive feedback as soon as they get the package.
Asking for feedback will not help DRS ratings. It is based on transactions and has nothing to do with feedback.
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaida View Post
That seems too hard to do in 3 days, almost impossible. I would just wait and see what happens. Not a pleasant feeling but you never know, it might turn out okay.
Anything between now and the 20 does not count for this review, so you have all the way until the 20th of August. The problem with being below standard is that sales slow down greatly so getting those sales you need without running $0.99 auctions can be a lot harder than when above standard.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
james13v (07-19-2016)
Old 07-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
Defect rate is at 7.1 % because I had one transaction closed ebay and 4 cancelled transactions for being out of stock.
Why are you selecting the reason "out of stock" when cancelling transactions. Always select "customer requested cancellation" and email the buyer separately that you are out of stock along with an apology. If worst comes to worst, they will deny the cancellation and you still won't get a defect. Most will not care what reason you selected as long as you explain that you need to cancel the transaction.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
butterbear (07-25-2016), dealagreeproceed (07-18-2016), MtMess (07-23-2016), Ubaida (07-17-2016), yankee (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
Why are you selecting the reason "out of stock" when cancelling transactions. Always select "customer requested cancellation" and email the buyer separately that you are out of stock along with an apology. If worst comes to worst, they will deny the cancellation and you still won't get a defect. Most will not care what reason you selected as long as you explain that you need to cancel the transaction.
Very good advice.
Old 07-18-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Why would you keep a listing up if you have no stock? It would just cause problems.
Old 07-18-2016

Longevity: 64%

I always have extra dormant backup accounts. JeffWeico is so right about eb & A being a terrible place to build a business platform.
Old 07-18-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I totally agree with Aspkin. If you are depending on your eBay or Amazon account to make a living then it is dangerous to have just one or two of them. Because then eBay can shut down between 50% and 100% of your business.

I originally made it my goal that no single account would represent more than 10% of my overall sales. I have since brought that down to under 5% (I have 27 active stealth accounts) and I sleep pretty well at night.

Back before I got banned, I had just my one eBay account and I was not selling anywhere else. When eBay banned me, it really hurt. I was really worried about money because even though I had some savings, that goes quickly when no money is coming in. Luckily I found this forum and started to recover as best I could. It took me several months to get back to where I was and I swore that eBay would NEVER again have the chance to shut down 100% of my business in one hissy fit.

The fact is, for independent sellers, eBay and Amazon are TERRIBLE platforms to build a business on, unless you spread out your sales over many accounts. That is because they are unstable and you can get banned in the blink of an eye, over nothing.

I wish I had a dollar for every PM I have received from a newly banned eBay seller asking me how quickly they can get back on eBay and be selling the same amount each month that they were selling before they got banned. They are always very disappointed when I tell them it will take several months. Many of them have little savings to fall back on, so they really ARE in a tight spot when that ban hammer comes down.
Hey jeff,
I'd sure like to get a few tips and pointers to becoming where you're at. I usually have around 5 accounts that are actively selling but I'd really like to increase those numbers. My biggest problem in the past was creating stealth seller accounts on my own. Ebay would sometimes flag the and when I call in I would be susceptible to public database questions that I could not answer due to me randomly picking address to register my accounts with. Now that I see there are many already verified seller accounts on this forum, I do plan to start buying some and spread out my selling to more accounts.
But my biggest issue in having multiple accounts would be finding things to sell. Do you just keep searching until you've found a few golden items that you can profit from? I'd like to get to the point where I can be making 20-30 sales per day.

Always open to advice that anyone has to give.
Old 07-19-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Anything between now and the 20 does not count for this review, so you have all the way until the 20th of August. The problem with being below standard is that sales slow down greatly so getting those sales you need without running $0.99 auctions can be a lot harder than when above standard.
He actually has until the 30th of july. Evaluations are till end of the month.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
He actually has until the 30th of july. Evaluations are till end of the month.
Correct. I worded that poorly. His next evaluation that he can be above standard is the 20th of next month.

Good catch!
Old 07-19-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Correct. I worded that poorly. His next evaluation that he can be above standard is the 20th of next month.

Good catch!
no biggie :D . It was on my mind because i'm dealing with something my self and it came up.
Old 07-20-2016

Longevity: 54%

abandon the account.
Old 07-28-2016
Threadstarter  

i had a lot accounts over the years and have sold a lot felt like had more transactions on the account than what did, didnt think cancelling would affect me that much plus didnt know theres only 2 percent defect rate allowed,.

also gave ebay a call and they sad wont be banned but im gong to lose visibility and ill be n a rehabilitation program. And that based n hw d they will adjust my visibility and amunt f transactins allwed. She sad that they wnt just leave me hanging because tld her f yu d the math would need 250 trans total t dilute the defect rate down t 2 percent s f ebay reduces my selling to less than what t s 60 t say 20 r 30 then it will take years t fix this problem because m at only 70 trans right now. on top of that 'll sell less because of the visibility being reduced, but she sad they don't let people stay n a hopeless position and t call n once reach my limits. By the way sell expensive vero items is thats why don't need a high sellers limit t make ok money. My next worry s f screwed myself by calling in because one of the poeple seemed shocked at what was selling. But well see