unauthorized purchase case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default unauthorized purchase case

I am selling for a long time on eBay but it is my first time facing this issue , Maybe i just was very lucky until now.

4 days ago someone with low feedback bought an high value item from me , Before i shipped the product I checked the shipping address and his eBay account is very old , Now after it is delivered he says that it was an unauthorized purchase , PayPal opened a case , I have USPS tracking that shows that it is delivered to the provided address.

Is providing the tracking as a proof is enough to get my rightful money?
I assume that the answer is no , That's why i opened this thread.
Thanks for reading i will appreciate any advice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2016

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: unauthorized purchase case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anutex View Post
I am selling for a long time on eBay but it is my first time facing this issue , Maybe i just was very lucky until now.

4 days ago someone with low feedback bought an high value item from me , Before i shipped the product I checked the shipping address and his eBay account is very old , Now after it is delivered he says that it was an unauthorized purchase , PayPal opened a case , I have USPS tracking that shows that it is delivered to the provided address.

Is providing the tracking as a proof is enough to get my rightful money?
I assume that the answer is no , That's why i opened this thread.
Thanks for reading i will appreciate any advice.
He claiming he did not make the purchase, an no's nothing about it...just get the item back an refund him
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if it went to his own address then it sounds dodgy..... I know kids press buttons or some other explanation, but a high value item, seems most convenient for buyer.

In getting the return back, be vigilant, you can film a return being delivered back to you and the opening, with mail carrier present....and then I post the video on youtube, for paypal evidence, if they were to post back the wrong item.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-07-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Unauthorized cases fall under SELLER protection.

Supply the tracking, proof of delivery and paypal will make you whole even if they loose with the credit card company.
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Unauthorized cases fall under SELLER protection.

Supply the tracking, proof of delivery and paypal will make you whole even if they loose with the credit card company.

last unauth one I got, the buyer kept the item and got refunded by paypal, and they did not mention a return, the buyer did not actually admit they had the item, they just disputed the transaction cost...never found they consistantly listen to anything a seller says on a dispute....I was not made whole on that one...fortunately unauths are rare....
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
last unauth one I got, the buyer kept the item and got refunded by paypal, and they did not mention a return, the buyer did not actually admit they had the item, they just disputed the transaction cost...never found they consistantly listen to anything a seller says on a dispute....I was not made whole on that one...fortunately unauths are rare....
I have never lost one. Have you tried calling in?
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

no didnt call, I agree that could prob make a difference, it was lower sums.....I have found the default is not to read anything and refund...
yankee (08-07-2016)
Old 08-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
no didnt call, I agree that could prob make a difference, it was lower sums.....I have found the default is not to read anything and refund...
You had tracking? I know it is common to not use tracking in the UK. In the USA it is darn hard to buy postage without it.

I agree though. Default cases closed are often wrong but are easily corrected when you call in. Might also be intentional to not take the loss for people who do not know better.
Old 08-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
You had tracking? I know it is common to not use tracking in the UK. In the USA it is darn hard to buy postage without it.

I agree though. Default cases closed are often wrong but are easily corrected when you call in. Might also be intentional to not take the loss for people who do not know better.
I have already added tracking and delivery proof into the PayPal case but I will call PayPal , Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

no, I did not have tracking on the last one, it was a $30 item, and I do not understand why the buyer did it, because they had bought similar products looking at their feedback, ie. I can see they bought from people that sell these before. Why would you even do an unauth claim, when it is easier to do INR.

Over here now, all Royal mail is given a receipt with address on and you can claim for up to approx $35 anyway just using that receipt, and then any other low cost courier comprise tracking anyway....
Old 08-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Hello everyone , I'm updating regard this case:
I have won the case, after calling PayPal and providing a tracking number.
Everyone who is facing this kind of issue in the future should know that calling PayPal does the trick , I really appreciate the advice , To be honest i wouldn't call them without your help , As i said that was an high value item , The call is probably what saved me a lot of money.
Thanks!