EBAY selling limits - why they happen, how to lift, what to do - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

I guess I can afford to lose the account. It's all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information anyways. They're probably just onto me because I sold a lot of items for 2k+ in value and have barely received any feedback yet (though all sent out OK). I'll try to list again on there when I have 5 to 7 feedback at least.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2007

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Interesting though...sounds like EBAY Japan (and PP for that matter) are not as laissez-faire as imjustme painted them. Maybe some hot shot T&S guy from the U.S. just cozied up into his new office in Tokyo to teach 'em how it's REALLY done.
Ebay Japan? I thought they closed down. their notice says there is no longer ebay japan... (in japanese)
Old 10-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

There's no local site for Japan as far as I know, I always list and log into eBay.com, but anyways I tried to list some items again tonight and they let me without problems, 8 listings on the same evening. I did get one more feedback from a happy camper a few minutes earlier, so maybe that lifted my limit.
Old 10-01-2007
Banned

Heck, its a matter of time before they shut down any account
Old 10-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

I got a few backup accounts ready just in case. Maybe I'll create another username under that same information and try to list there? I wonder if those seller limits are limited to the account username or the account holder..

I'll probably just sell the sh*t out of the account and then drop it.
Old 10-14-2007

Default I had my selling limits lifted WITHOUT sending in documents! PERSIST GUYS!

So buisness was running well, i was selling, and ebay limited my account, they didnt suspend me though cos i didnt break a single policy. They basicly said i had to send in ALOT of ID documentation to have the limits lifted.
So because the info on ebay is ALMOST correct (its all my correct info but my name is my middle name) i simply said that due to the method of which they wanted such personal documents sent (fax or mail) it simply was not safe enough, as here in australia some one could easily open a bank account or get my drivers licence etc etc and steal my identity.
AT FIRST ebay wouldnt budge, they ended all my listings, and said the only reason im not suspended is to see if any of my buyers leave me positive feedback.they said if they did the limits would be lifted. well...they did leave me feedback..all positive!
So i emailed back very politly saying "please see my feedback..all positive" so they lifted the limits to 2 Items can be sold at a time...a few days later more items sold...so the limits were lifted.I can sell 10 items at the moment, and i have been told the limits wont be in place anymore if i gain more feedback! you beauty!
so ebay is off my back, dont want my documentation, i wasjust polite and persisted, and won I just acted like i had nothing to hide, i said im willing to co operate in any way shape or form with ebay, asked them things like "for my own safety, do you have an online verification system in place"etc etc.

Hope this works for some one else too.
Old 10-14-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Great news lissyclark, at least eBay gave you a chance this time around. Hope the best for you!
Old 12-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 99%
Default Selling Limits - Can't list certain brands

eBay wants me to verify paypal account before I can list certain brands. Obviously I cannot do this, so...any ideas?

-------------------------------

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems

Attention Seller:

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. Your eBay account has been restricted from listing this item at this time until you have verified through PayPal.

1) To verify your PayPal account, click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.

2) If you already have a verified PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account.

For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:

Australia | Austria | Belgium - French | Belgium - Dutch | Canada | France | Germany | India | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | United Kingdom | United States

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.

Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items

Click here for more information on limits that may affect your selling activity
Old 12-04-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

What do you mean you can't? Are you in the US?
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

It varies on your account stature. Like items sold and feedback.
Old 12-04-2007

Longevity: 95%

verify means add a bank account? you can do that? try wamu.com- instant account in under 8 minutes.
Old 12-04-2007

Yes, wamu is excellent- i got free cks, checking + savings + debit card- all free + get this-- how much did they want to open acct? $30 checking + $20 savings-- thats it! excellent )
Old 12-04-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

That's too much.
Old 01-13-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default Selling without limits???

Hello. I am relatively new to selling on ebay-just getting my feet wet--not a powerseller by any means. Everyone seems so knowledgeable. Does anyone happen to know how many items a seller with legit items can start off selling per day with about 30fb @ 100% and be safe without raising any flags or limits? I see powersellers who have joined less than 2 yrs. ago and have 5000+ fb--seems a short time to sell so much and couldn't have started out selling very slow at all at that rate but mabey i'm missing something.

I never would have thought of any of this stuff until I found this forum--I just thought it was like the classifieds--you pay--you sell--no problem, figured ebay and paypal welcomed the more sales--the more $$$ for them so they welcomed high selling---My eyes are wide open now!!!

Thanks for any info.
Old 01-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

The key is not to sell too many a day, but not too many at once. List one every 20-30 minutes and you'll do much better than list 3 at once and then none again for 24 hours.
Old 01-13-2008

Longevity: 94%

thanks for the info--appreciate it. I understand what you mean and I will do that. Under your recommendation, is there a "safe" number of items I would be okay to list per day?
Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2008

i would guess if you are selling totally non-risky items then you can list a lot. risky items are electronics, jewellery and brand names, i think might be more..
Old 06-14-2008

Default Selling Limits

Ok i have seen the limit where ebay stops you from listing a particular item and they mention something about occasional holds but today i got a hold on my account without a suspension

"You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible."

My paypal account associated is up and running, ebay fees are paid and I have no open disputes. Im a bit confused about this, has anyone else gotten this before. I contacted safe harbour as well, just waiting for a response.

I wasnt even aware the hold was placed in the first place because i rarely log onto my account, i had listing scheduled with auctiva and just logged to check on them to realize they were never listed. I also now they do this with new account but my account is a year old...

Last edited by divine422; 06-14-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Is this your only account? It's probably best to start work with multiple eBay accounts, letting one cool off for a bit while you work on the other one. Just an idea.
Old 06-14-2008

Yup I have other accounts im using as well, its the only one that has that message. I spoke with ebay customer service. I know...i know...waste of time and might as well be talking to a robot. But this time, actually kinda useful.

Amber Lo: The limitation will vary based on what you are trying to list and those items already listed. As soon as some of the high priced items currently have listed end, you will be able to list more. This means within a week.

Tip of the day: Let it chill.
Old 06-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Wink

Same here. I had the displeasure of speaking to a monkey named Joe.
Account is 11 months old with verified paypal. I can sit them out....
Old 06-14-2008

HI:
The only time i get this is for BRAND Named items..