EBAY selling limits - why they happen, how to lift, what to do - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

They are getting very petty when it is a brand name dog collar, for gosh sakes Getting so I hate sundays now signing into any account.:(

Old 06-14-2008

Well, its kinda understandable for me because im selling refurb laptops from liquidation companies and other consumer electronics. So for the laptops its like minimum sale price is $700....and i MAY have been a little "create new listing happy" this week. But at the same time i have like 20 positive feedback as a seller...no cheap feedback stuff, so i think its a bit silly.
Old 06-16-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
Ok i have seen the limit where ebay stops you from listing a particular item and they mention something about occasional holds but today i got a hold on my account without a suspension

"You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible."

My paypal account associated is up and running, ebay fees are paid and I have no open disputes. Im a bit confused about this, has anyone else gotten this before. I contacted safe harbour as well, just waiting for a response.

I wasnt even aware the hold was placed in the first place because i rarely log onto my account, i had listing scheduled with auctiva and just logged to check on them to realize they were never listed. I also now they do this with new account but my account is a year old...
I'm getting this message too... they want me to Verify my PayPal before I continue selling.
Old 07-16-2008

Default Selling Limits

I am struggling with selling limits one of my accounts. Anyone know how the heck they set these limits and how to get around them? The account is an aged account -4 years -- that I just recently start selling heavier on. I am doing a lot on it but near as much as I would like. They told me the first time I needed more feedbacks-- I am double where I was and have tried to get more but I can't force people to leave feedback. Any suggestions? I don't want to lose this account but darn it, I want to make money too. I lost a really good one last week and never got an answer why. They said credit check but there were no claims on the account at all. No negatives. Nothing. The family member I used had some slow credit, but good lord, now the socials have to be only people with perfect credit? I had thousands in that paypal when they froze it too.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-16-2008

you have to contact trust and safty department and they will review your account
Old 07-16-2008

I think it more about feedback they seem to be getting a bit strict about it these days. Lets say you sell about about 3 expensive items a day for a week...they will impose a selling limit which goes away after you receive a certain feedback ratio for that week. This is to slow down or track scammers from totally milking people. So try to encourage your buyers to leave feedback.
Old 07-16-2008

no the ebay customer support people say the only way to remove the limits is by letting trust and safty review your account.
they say some items have limits no matter how many feedback you have the limit wont move until trust and safty remove it for you
and the only way to contact trust and safty is by email
Old 07-16-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I listed over 800 items on a brand new acount with O feedback. Didnt get no selling limit at all. But they did call my phone for vertification.
Old 07-16-2008

yes but not all items have limits
only mostly branded items
Old 07-16-2008

Ok folks here is what I have done in the past with no selling limits

New accounts ( all under 10.00 items and let them run, no buy it nows )
3-4 items first several days and upped to 10 per day after a week. I do not list a massive amount at all on one account until I get 25+ feedback which can be done by buying and asking for feedback on items shipped.

This did get me selling limits ( tested just to see )

10 items day one - anything from 10.00 to 100.00
20 items per day within the day 2-7 with same prices
no problems.
Tried 30 items on day 8 and was good.
Tried 20 items on day 8 with several BIN over 250.00 and got restricted.
So the price and BIN is probably what did it.

YMMV on all accounts, so much is depending on what your selling, the price, buy it now's, brand name items etc.

As you can see I was ok until I started listed 250.00 items with buy it nows.

So for me I go slow and build up feedback before I list high price or large amounts. Patience is key, if you rush you will get an account taken down and you will be right back at the start. And if you would have had patience you would be way ahead at this point.

Go slow, it will pay off for you.
Old 07-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

That is great information! I hope that helps in my new journey through the ebay world! Just got started today and listed 4 items...2 early in the day and 2 at night. Probably do about 4-6 tomorrow. The items are starting at $0.99 so I shouldn't have a problem with the prices.
Old 07-17-2008

I have 100 feedbacks on the account and have been trying to get feedback, emailed and so on... I've had hundreds of sales though -- I just wish people would leave feedback. My items are all $90-$300 and I ship priority and always through paypal -- but I believe the patients thing -- its hard to have though but starting over again would be h*ll -- the jerks buyers know they can work you over with low feedbacks -- HATE IT -- since the changes they change the feedbacks people can really be nasty, I swear. And I suck up and am super nice.

As for trust and security -- I emailed the regular ebay group -- so trust and safety is different? They've done everything on this account but sources -- I keep expecting that. And I have a great source so that doesn't bother me -- I'd honestly like to just have it behind me.
Old 07-27-2008

Yea let us know..
Old 07-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%
Default Is Ebay still imposing listing limits on new sellers?

I had this happen to me once. Anyone else?
Old 08-01-2008

Longevity: 92%

I have 2 ebay accounts. One is about 2 months old, the other 1 month old. Both have a 30 day restriction placed on them for certain name brands. On one account I did as they advise when the box pops up letting you know to wait 30 days, I contacted ebay to ask if they would lift the limit. After 3 weeks I got a response. Not only will the restriction stay in place, but it will remain for 90 days now.
They advised me to continue to build positive feedback and contact them in 90 days.
Glad I did not e-mail about the other account.
Old 08-01-2008

Depends on what you are listing and for how much.

I have listed 300 items right off and had no problems. All 50.00 and under though.