Priority flat rate package dropped off 4-5 days late - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-14-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Priority flat rate package dropped off 4-5 days late

USPS ebay postage label for a package was dropped off (left on the customer service counter) 4 or 5 days late from the printed label date. Was during lobby operating hours.

Problem is I don't see any update on the tracking number. Still says pre-shipment label submitted, nothing further.

This is on a stealth acct. Buyer hasn't even said anything..yet.

Did they send back the package to the postage label's return address?

I Thank you for your help and your time in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2016

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Priority flat rate package dropped off 4-5 days late

I would contact the buyer and say this was dropped off but the tracking hasn't been updated. Did you receive it or should I open a case with USPS?
Old 08-15-2016

Longevity: 45%

I've had this happen once or twice before. On one hand packages were delivered long before any tracking was even uploaded so even though the tracking said nothing, the package actually did arrive. On another, priority mail was delivered 1-2 days late.
Old 08-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaida View Post
I would contact the buyer and say this was dropped off but the tracking hasn't been updated. Did you receive it or should I open a case with USPS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by digim0n View Post
I've had this happen once or twice before. On one hand packages were delivered long before any tracking was even uploaded so even though the tracking said nothing, the package actually did arrive. On another, priority mail was delivered 1-2 days late.
Whenever a buyer opens a eb case and settles the issue by fully refunding + replacing lost package.. Does the buyer still have that option to cancel or close the case so to not count as a defect?
Old 08-15-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If u settle it than there is no defect,
Old 08-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
The dsr's take the hit..

Instead of answering to the buyers case request to fully refund, instead send a ppal payment to and have the buyer cancel or close the eb case.

I've done this way before just don't remember if it made any difference..
Old 08-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Thanks for the input. I refunded the buyer fully by sending a payment to the buyer in ppal and have sent another package and doubled the items free of charge, took pictures at the post office and sent them to the buyers email. This was 2 days ago. The buyer isn't responding to any of my emails and pleas to close the case. The case is still open and deadline is near.

The request in the case is to refund but I've already paid the buyer back in a ppal Payment. The other option was to add tracking details so I added the new package tracking in the case request and sent a third email asking once again, to close the case.

What's going to happen? I feel like the case will call attention to ebay and I get screwed.
Old 08-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by okay View Post
Thanks for the input. I refunded the buyer fully by sending a payment to the buyer in ppal and have sent another package and doubled the items free of charge, took pictures at the post office and sent them to the buyers email. This was 2 days ago. The buyer isn't responding to any of my emails and pleas to close the case. The case is still open and deadline is near.

The request in the case is to refund but I've already paid the buyer back in a ppal Payment. The other option was to add tracking details so I added the new package tracking in the case request and sent a third email asking once again, to close the case.

What's going to happen? I feel like the case will call attention to ebay and I get screwed.
when you say you sent the buyer a paypal payment, was this a seperate transaction or did you refund the same payment in paypal?

if you did a seperate one, then you need to contact ebay so that they can close the case, but you need to supply the paypal transaction id for payment.
Old 08-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
when you say you sent the buyer a paypal payment, was this a seperate transaction or did you refund the same payment in paypal?

if you did a seperate one, then you need to contact ebay so that they can close the case, but you need to supply the paypal transaction id for payment.
That's correct sent a separate paymet in paypal.

In what way do I contact ebay to supply the transaction id?.

The buyer runs a legit e-commerce site so I know they aren't trying to scam me but I don't understand why they have not esponded to any of my several emails... I even just now sent text messages to their mobile
I

Last edited by okay; 08-18-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

You have to CALL ebay and explain.

you should not pay refunds as a seperate payment, because now he is able to claim twice from you if you do not get hold of ebay.
Old 08-18-2016
Threadstarter  

[QUOTE=Bunneh;793476]You have to CALL ebay and explain.

you should not pay refunds as a seperate payment, because now he is able to claim twice from you if you do not get hold of ebay.[/QUOTE

I guess ill have to refund again to close the case since its best to avoid direct contact with eb.
Old 08-18-2016
Threadstarter  

God I hate people! Even the ones who don't puposely scam you are freekin SNOBS!!

After all my emails and even texts several of an to their personal phone lolol they finally respond...

Here's a part of the text reply from the unsatisfied buyer who got a double up from me free of charge: "I have 1 message from you on ebay from this morning. I think messaging to that extent was absoutly ridiculous. This is my personal phone that was just uncalled for. Goodbye".

Like I'm sorry for nagging them!
Old 08-18-2016

Longevity: 77%

You need more stealth accounts if one case causes this much stress. You going to refund him twice just to avoid contact with ebay?

I've had priority mail packages go un-scanned, late, and suddenly out of the blue will get 1 scan saying delivered. Just something you have to deal with once in awhile with USPS.