Buyer Opens Not Received Case...Package At Post Office - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Buyer Opens Not Received Case...Package At Post Office

Sent buyer a package, it arrived in his city and was out for delivery roughly 10 days ago. For some reason, it wasn't delivered and the next day the tracking showed it was at his post office. He opens a not received case and asks what is going on with his package. I tell him to check with his post office and pick it up since it is there. No response from him at all. I don't think he is going to respond, but rather he will escalate it to ebay when the option is available. Of course they will side with him and give him his money back. I will get dinged with a non-seller resolution case. So should I refund him before that happens? Or wait it out and let him escalate? Usually if buyers open a case, I am able to resolve it within one day because they have a legitimate issue and are willing to communicate. Not this guy.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2016

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Buyer Opens Not Received Case...Package At Post Office

- When a case gets escalated, you still have an opportunity to refund the buyer and close the case with no fault. You just have to catch it before it actually ends up with a rep.

- I would send an overly friendly reminder that you're there to help him find his package, express frustration and place blame on the USPS for messing up the delivery. Give him the address of the post office where his package is located, and apologize for his inconvenience.

- If he escalates and it goes to a rep you lose 100%, the burden is not on the buyer to go to the post office to receive his order.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
wtfebay (08-20-2016)
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
- When a case gets escalated, you still have an opportunity to refund the buyer and close the case with no fault. You just have to catch it before it actually ends up with a rep.

- I would send an overly friendly reminder that you're there to help him find his package, express frustration and place blame on the USPS for messing up the delivery. Give him the address of the post office where his package is located, and apologize for his inconvenience.

- If he escalates and it goes to a rep you lose 100%, the burden is not on the buyer to go to the post office to receive his order.
See that's the thing, I've told him two different times that it is at his post office and he can pick it up there. No response at all from him. At this point, I think he is going to just escalate it, due to his lack of communication. I wouldn't have a problem refunding him, as it's only a 30 dollar item and the funds are already put on hold with pp anyway...it's just the fact that if I do that and get a negative feedback from him, what was the point.
Old 08-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

how about getting the packet redelivered eg. calling the carrier and having it attempted again.

I dont know what makes you guys think you would lose a case whilst a package is sitting at the buyers local depot awaiting collection......you would lose if the tracking showed shipped back to sender though....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-20-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
how about getting the packet redelivered eg. calling the carrier and having it attempted again.

I dont know what makes you guys think you would lose a case whilst a package is sitting at the buyers local depot awaiting collection......you would lose if the tracking showed shipped back to sender though....
Tracking doesn't show it is delivered, so of course ebay will side with the buyer. HELL, even packages that DO show delivered go in the buyers favor!
Old 08-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

its very simple, been through this many times, Just call Post office and ask them if item has been delivered and if they can mark it correctly in the system.

I found that there are some scammers that if post office doesn't scan it delivered, they will open a case. It is seen as an opportunity.

If the package is really at the post office then they can deliver it. However, if signature was required and it is now at post office waiting for pick-up then you will eventually lose case and get your item back.

Now rarely I have seen that you issue a refund and then scammer picks up item afterwards. This is part you need to be very careful
Old 08-20-2016

Longevity: 50%

I had a similar case opened against me on paypal but I win, and few weeks later I also had my item back
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
its very simple, been through this many times, Just call Post office and ask them if item has been delivered and if they can mark it correctly in the system.

I found that there are some scammers that if post office doesn't scan it delivered, they will open a case. It is seen as an opportunity.

If the package is really at the post office then they can deliver it. However, if signature was required and it is now at post office waiting for pick-up then you will eventually lose case and get your item back.

Now rarely I have seen that you issue a refund and then scammer picks up item afterwards. This is part you need to be very careful
I will try and get in touch with USPS customer service or the buyers post office. Only thing is, I am against time here. Only a couple days before the case can be escalated, so if I can't resolve it by then...
Old 08-22-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Tracking doesn't show it is delivered, so of course ebay will side with the buyer. HELL, even packages that DO show delivered go in the buyers favor!
That's a lie. Ebay will always rule in your favor if it says delivered to the zipcode the buyer provided. If a BOT closes it in the buyers favor by accident, then you call and get it reversed EVERY TIME.
Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post

I agree with this. eBay does not always side with the buyer. They are actually savvy to this kind of stuff. I'd stick to your guns and wait it out. If he tries to drop a negative, you may want to call ebay about it. When you print a label EXACTLY as the buyer has his address then how is that your fault? I do not think you will have issues with this. the buyer probably already picked up his item. I would check his feedback received, feedback left for others, and see how new he is.