Ebay/PayPal truly separate??? Need smart solution for long-term business goal $$$ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-24-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Question Ebay/PayPal truly separate??? Need smart solution for long-term business goal $$$

Great to be a part of this community and have a new account up and running smoothly... however I'm about to hit the PP IRS reporting level and the stealth PP is in a family members SS#.

Now that eBay and PP are separate, has anyone had good luck in changing the main contact PP name for account holder to their actual name without eBay getting notified?

I'm all good with PP using my personal name... but NOT w/ eBay. I can easily start another stealth... (which I'm doing as a backup now)... however in my category of items, they do not sell daily and there is so much great data that I will lose on each listing page, if I have to end the listings that have lots of sales on them and are at the top of search rankings... and then relist them on a new stealth.

SO... safe to go through formal name transfer steps on PP with paperwork and leave email and business name the same? Then they can accurately report IRS sales and I can file actual taxes in my name and finally show I have income coming in.

Does anyone have any experience or proof that when the PP Business "contact/account holder" name changes (not the business name)... will ebay somehow start to see the new name when transactions go through? I would think that it would be safe since business name and email are staying same...

If I have to, I will move the listings over to 2nd eBay Stealth - once I get closer to the 200 trans/$20k mark... but it is so sad to restart each 'good till cancelled' listing when they are collecting sales, watchers, and have a great history attached to them... ALSO - all of the listings will stay the same and have same email they've had from the beginning, so no red flags should be on ebay.

Thank you in advance for your input!!! ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to sneakycat777 For This Useful Post:
Frant (10-09-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay/PayPal truly separate??? Need smart solution for long-term business goal $$$

Welcome to the forums friend.
Ebay and paypal are still very much the same entity - the separation was for accounting purposes only. All information pertaining to accounts is fully shared between the two.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
sneakycat777 (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 44%
Question Re: Ebay/PayPal truly separate??? Need smart solution for long-term business goal $$$

Thanks for clarifying... given that info, has anyone had luck in keeping same successful ebay store running and switching listings to a 2nd stealth PP before hitting the PP IRS threshold? I'm just trying to find a way to keep my eBay listings active...

other option would be to skip out on PP and start running transactions through a separate merchant account. I have one already under business name...with Intuit/Quicken... but have not been able to find out if eBay would see anything on their end from the Merchant Account if/when I connect them... or if they would just see the business name (similar to when you withdraw funds from PP into bank acct and PP doesn't see account holder name)

Any large sellers have issues connecting merchant account to their eBay? (merchant acct being in your real name and ebay acct in stealth)
Old 08-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Ebay/PayPal truly separate??? Need smart solution for long-term business goal $$$

Here is the deal. eBay and PayPal ARE now separate companies, they each have their own stock, etc. And PayPal had hinted they would be changing some things in the future since they do not always have to put eBay first, the way they did when eBay owned them.

However, they have a 5 year agreement between the two companies that guarantees that PayPal will process most of eBay's transactions. It also lays the groundwork for making changes slowly so that both companies have time to adapt. And they have agreed to share information the way they had been before the split.

So, in all likelihood, not much will change until 5 years from the date of the split has passed.

However, some things are now happening that have been positive for the stealth community. For example, in times past, if an eBay account went down the PayPal would soon follow - and vice versa. Now, if one of the accounts dies, the other one is fine. Not always, but a lot of the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
smartik (04-29-2018), sneakycat777 (08-24-2016)