questions from a newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default questions from a newbie

Hi everyone! I’m in the US and will be using Ebay and Paypal…I’ve read through a lot of the questions and replies, still have a lot more to read. I do have several questions I’m hoping for guidance with since I’m completely inexperienced with Stealth Accounts…please excuse me if I ask something that has already been asked and answered.

I would like to create some of my own accounts to be able to test things out but I realize they take time to mature and be able to sell higher volumes on. I liked the ideas I read about picking things up in thrift stores (books, etc…) and selling to build up the account and feedback…

• Everyone mentions the Stealth Book, I’m guessing this is a good starting point?
• I’ve heard/read about being able to attach a bank account to paypal and being able to send and take money out…I have also heard that another paypal account can be attached instead of a bank…what is the best way?
• Is there a general rule to how much money to leave in your Paypal account? I’ve seen maybe 6%; not to move too much money too soon, etc…what is your advice on this please?
• The items I will be selling after my account is matured are I guess high risk. I am thinking I would read the Stealth Book…and then start creating my own accounts to have backups and multiple resources. Is that a good way to go?
• What are the 21 day holds on accounts I keep seeing?
• Business tax id number, is this something I HAVE to have? How do I get one? Is it just after a certain amt of dollars? Is this something that comes with a stealth ebay account?
• What are the advantages of buying an ebay account aged 60 days vs 30?
• I’ve heard mention of 5/5000 1000/$25000, is this how many items and amount you can earn? Doe this apply immeadiately?…does ebay tell you or notify you of your selling limits?
• I’ve read somewhere that it’s best to try to get an IP near where you live…true or it makes no difference?
• Is Google Chrome or Foxfire better for multiple accounts?
• Is there a good picture uploader that hides and removes data before uploading to ebay.
• If I only use my notebook for accounts and I purchase VPS, would I be able to select the IP and log in from anywhere? (sorry, never used any of this)
Thanks so much in advice. I have so many questions yet…just trying to learn all I can. This group is a wealth of information and I’m very grateful for the opportunity to reach out to you for guidance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2016

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: questions from a newbie

Best advise would be buy the Stealth Book read it end to end .It is so well detailed step by step and so much good advice that would answer most all your questions ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
nate (09-02-2016), Warrioressone (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016

Longevity: 48%

The Best move you can do now is Getting the Stealth Book and read it carefully (more than once if that's what it takes ) - I think it would be one of the Best investment you'll ever make.

in the meanwhile I'll try to answer some of your questions:

• if you are planning to operate on a US account, you would definitely need a US bank account to withdraw funds from PayPal, any other alternative would have risks. (there is nothing like "another paypal account can be attached instead of a bank").

• Regarding money should be left on PayPal & withdrawal, to be honest there is no general or specific rule, but you should make sure not to :
- Withdraw so fast after getting the payment.
- withdraw all your balance at once.
because actions like these will be seen by PayPal as real risk, so what you should be doing in the beginning is building a level of PayPal's trust, by avoiding any move that makes you look like a hit & run account.

• having backup accounts and multiple resources. Is always the good way to go

• 21 day holds means that PayPal will hold your incoming payment for 21 days which means the money will on your account balance but you can even touch it. After 21 days counting from the date your received the payment, if there is no issue/dispute from buyer side, the money will be released. PayPal are doing this to make you sure you don't get the money and run without delivering the item.

NB: if you upload the tracking number to PayPal 21 day hold could be reduced to 7 day hold.

• 5/5000 1000/$25000 means your eBay account selling limit (5/$5000: you can't sell more than 5 items or more than $5000 per month). in general you will be able to see you selling limits one you create your selling ebay account.

NB: If you're selling to your account's limit and providing high quality service, eBay will probably increase your selling limits after a few weeks/months.

I Wish you the Best of Luck

Welcome to the Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrioressone View Post
Hi everyone! I’m in the US and will be using Ebay and Paypal…I’ve read through a lot of the questions and replies, still have a lot more to read. I do have several questions I’m hoping for guidance with since I’m completely inexperienced with Stealth Accounts…please excuse me if I ask something that has already been asked and answered.

I would like to create some of my own accounts to be able to test things out but I realize they take time to mature and be able to sell higher volumes on. I liked the ideas I read about picking things up in thrift stores (books, etc…) and selling to build up the account and feedback…

• Everyone mentions the Stealth book, I’m guessing this is a good starting point?
• I’ve heard/read about being able to attach a bank account to paypal and being able to send and take money out…I have also heard that another paypal account can be attached instead of a bank…what is the best way?
• Is there a general rule to how much money to leave in your Paypal account? I’ve seen maybe 6%; not to move too much money too soon, etc…what is your advice on this please?
• The items I will be selling after my account is matured are I guess high risk. I am thinking I would read the Stealth book…and then start creating my own accounts to have backups and multiple resources. Is that a good way to go?
• What are the 21 day holds on accounts I keep seeing?
• Business tax id number, is this something I HAVE to have? How do I get one? Is it just after a certain amt of dollars? Is this something that comes with a stealth ebay account?
• What are the advantages of buying an ebay account aged 60 days vs 30?
• I’ve heard mention of 5/5000 1000/$25000, is this how many items and amount you can earn? Doe this apply immeadiately?…does ebay tell you or notify you of your selling limits?
• I’ve read somewhere that it’s best to try to get an IP near where you live…true or it makes no difference?
• Is Google Chrome or Foxfire better for multiple accounts?
• Is there a good picture uploader that hides and removes data before uploading to ebay.
• If I only use my notebook for accounts and I purchase VPS, would I be able to select the IP and log in from anywhere? (sorry, never used any of this)
Thanks so much in advice. I have so many questions yet…just trying to learn all I can. This group is a wealth of information and I’m very grateful for the opportunity to reach out to you for guidance!

Last edited by Othmane; 09-03-2016 at 10:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Othmane For This Useful Post:
Warrioressone (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
•Everyone mentions the Stealth book, I’m guessing this is a good starting point?
Yes, you really should start with the book.

Quote:
•I’ve heard/read about being able to attach a bank account to paypal and being able to send and take money out…
Ahmm yeah, that's what people do to get their money out of PayPal, attach a bank....did you not do this yourself?

Quote:
I have also heard that another paypal account can be attached instead of a bank…what is the best way?
Not sure where you read that but it seems like you didn't understand what was being written.

Quote:
•Is there a general rule to how much money to leave in your Paypal account? I’ve seen maybe 6%; not to move too much money too soon, etc…what is your advice on this please?
That's up to you.

Quote:
•The items I will be selling after my account is matured are I guess high risk. I am thinking I would read the Stealth book…and then start creating my own accounts to have backups and multiple resources. Is that a good way to go?
Sounds like a good plan.

Quote:
•What are the 21 day holds on accounts I keep seeing?
Every account that you make will hold your money for 21 days OR the money will release 3 days after the customer receives their item.

Quote:
•Business tax id number, is this something I HAVE to have? How do I get one? Is it just after a certain amt of dollars?
If you plan to sell over $20,000/200 items then you might want to get an EIN. You get one by applying for one via the IRS.

Quote:
Is this something that comes with a stealth ebay account?
Ah No.

Quote:
•What are the advantages of buying an ebay account aged 60 days vs 30?
Depends what the seller is offering, best to speak to them about this stuff.

Quote:
•I’ve heard mention of 5/5000 1000/$25000, is this how many items and amount you can earn? Doe this apply immeadiately?…does ebay tell you or notify you of your selling limits?
Are you sure you sold on ebay before?
5/500, 1,000/$25,000 is how much you can sell on ebay a month.

Quote:
•I’ve read somewhere that it’s best to try to get an IP near where you live…true or it makes no difference?
As long as the IP is in the USA, it's ok.

Quote:
•Is Google Chrome or Foxfire better for multiple accounts?
Both are fine.

Quote:
•Is there a good picture uploader that hides and removes data before uploading to ebay.
Any program that removes metadata is fine.

Quote:
•If I only use my notebook for accounts and I purchase VPS, would I be able to select the IP and log in from anywhere? (sorry, never used any of this)
Perhaps you should get the basics of stealth down before moving into VPS and all that other stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Othmane (09-03-2016), Warrioressone (09-03-2016)
Old 09-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank you everyone, I will start with the Stealth book!

It's been several years since I've sold anything on Ebay and used Paypal. I never sold high quantities of anything, so never really paid attention to selling and listing limits.

The information I had questions on is a combination of what I've googled and what someone had told me...there were items that did not make complete sense to me, and it sounds like to others as well lol...trying to sort out the infomation.

The 21 days holds....is that something Paypal stops doing after you've sold items and they are delivered?

This group is a wealth of information, greatly appreciate all of your help. I'll read the book at time or two until I feel I have a solid understanding. Thanks for your patience with my questions.
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I will start with the Stealth book!
Good to hear.

Quote:
It's been several years since I've sold anything on Ebay and used Paypal. I never sold high quantities of anything, so never really paid attention to selling and listing limits.
Every account has selling limits, what you have to know is as a new seller you have to go slow.

Quote:
The information I had questions on is a combination of what I've googled and what someone had told me...there were items that did not make complete sense to me, and it sounds like to others as well lol...trying to sort out the infomation.
I would suggest that from now on you stick to the forum for your information, "People" say a lot of things, stick to this forum for your stealth info.

Quote:
The 21 days holds....is that something Paypal stops doing after you've sold items and they are delivered?
21 day holds eventually fall off, usually after $250 in sales + 3 months of selling + 25 sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Warrioressone (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Good advice, thanks