eBay Asking Personal Questions to Verify Stealth Identity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-22-2016

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%
Default eBay Asking Personal Questions to Verify Stealth Identity

So I've been having some trouble making stealth accounts lately. When I make them I tend to get 0/0 right away then after a quick phone call I end up getting it bumped to 25/5000 (I just tell them that I am selling junk from my garage because I mostly just sell random super low risk used items anyway and if they ask about my previous address I just say that I've been living with different friends at no particular address).

I was sick of getting these same results every time so I decided to try to create a better method to make my accounts in hopes of getting a starting limit of 50, 500, or even 1,000 items.

Normally, I get a new windows user account, VCC, Gmail, google voice number, random info from out of state.

This time, I got a whole new OS with VMware, VCC with AVS, Gmail, google voice, random info but from within my city.

What ended up happening with this new method was I was given the 0/0 limits, as I am so used to getting, but this time when I called I was told that I first had to add and confirm a bank account or debit card in PayPal before I could start selling. I then opened a real bank account and added it to my PayPal account. Once it was verified 2 days later after confirming the micro deposits I called back. This time, I was told that I had to first answer some personal questions that only I would know to verify my identity. I swiftly made it seem like my phone was disconnecting (luckily I was having phone issues a little earlier in the call so it was believable). She asked me for my birthday which was fine because I always make one up for each account anyway, but when she asked for my mother's maiden name I didn't know whether to make something up on the spot or to do something else so I ditched the call to come ask the Aspkin community for advice before I screwed it up even more.

Should I just completely burn this account or is there a way to get some limits higher than 0?
What is wrong with my new process; I thought that it would be better than before? :(

Last edited by Emporium; 09-22-2016 at 09:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2016
Speeder33

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: eBay Asking Personal Questions to Verify Stealth Identity

The problem is most likely the google voice number. Ebay/paypal are well aware of these numbers and can see if you are using a cheap VOIP. Spend the extra money for a real phone and you should be able to see a decrease in the number of 0/0 accounts (hopefully you'll have none at all after this).
Old 09-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
The problem is most likely the google voice number. Ebay/paypal are well aware of these numbers and can see if you are using a cheap VOIP. Spend the extra money for a real phone and you should be able to see a decrease in the number of 0/0 accounts (hopefully you'll have none at all after this).
Thank you, I just heard about google voice being bad for stealth accounts this week and will definitely try using an actual phone for my next account. Do you think that the account in question should be ditched or is there a way to salvage it?
Old 09-24-2016
MU

Longevity: 45%

Start all over with a Tracfone
Old 09-25-2016

Longevity: 44%

what happens to these burner phones after 30 days when the minutes expire? Does the number die too?