ebay case closed in buyers favour unfairly - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default ebay case closed in buyers favour unfairly

Hi peeps,

So I got my first case closed by the buyer for item not received after they raised it to ebay customer services.

However was I'm not happy about is when the case first opened, I contacted the buyer straight away as I wanted to confirm their full postal address. I did this twice as after not hearing from them a couple of days later. On Monday as it had been a week without hearing from them, I was about to escalate this case to ebay when in fact the buyer did the same thing before I could. Ebay within an hour or two had then resolve the case in their favour.

Now I dont mind and would of happily refunded if the customer got back to me but the fact I tried to communicate with the buyer, twice, and had no reply surely ebay should of seen that I tried to contact the buyer and they had not replied and should not of ruled so quickly in their favour?

Should I dispute this or should I just have to let it slide?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: ebay case closed in buyers favour unfairly

This is one of those things that really really annoy me.

I have in the past disputed things like this and gotten no where, so I would just let it be what it is.

Make sure you block the buyer. In future if you don't hear back from a buyer after they have opened a case and you don't have tracking data, just issue them a refund (in cases of item not received) Its better than having a strike against your account
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Value of the item OP? $-wise...does play a part in whether you want to fight harder...
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

It comes down to the tracking. If the tracking does not show delivered or delivered to the wrong address you will loose. If the tracking shows refused or returned, forwarded but gone to the correct zipcode with USPS or the correct address with fedex/ups, you can get it reveresed easily. Everyonce in a while you can get them to descore the case so it does not count against you if tracking shows shipped but not delivered etc.. Oftentimes ebay still pays the seller and gives the buyer $$ as well.
Old 12-09-2013

Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It comes down to the tracking. If the tracking does not show delivered or delivered to the wrong address you will loose. If the tracking shows refused or returned, forwarded but gone to the correct zipcode with USPS or the correct address with fedex/ups, you can get it reveresed easily. Everyonce in a while you can get them to descore the case so it does not count against you if tracking shows shipped but not delivered etc.. Oftentimes ebay still pays the seller and gives the buyer $$ as well.
I would not agree with this. I have had items shown delivered and the buyer still says they did not get the item. Sometimes it was over $10, sometimes a lot more.. but I usually try to work something out so they do not raise red flags on the accounts.
Old 01-03-2016

Longevity: 69%

eBay are utter *******s for this, they've always sided with the buyer in my experience, it's just theft.

I just had another case opened and closed today. I've already caught out the buyer trying to rip me off and reported him to eBay, but they still gave it in his favour.

The words I'd use shouldn't be written on this forum. Pity the buyer doesn't live closer, I'd have someone put his windows through.
Old 01-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivo View Post
I would not agree with this. I have had items shown delivered and the buyer still says they did not get the item. Sometimes it was over $10, sometimes a lot more.. but I usually try to work something out so they do not raise red flags on the accounts.
What are you not agreeing with?

I was just stating facts of how ebay works these cases. Just facts, no opinions.
Old 01-03-2016

hard luck man it wasn't your fault from what i read, move on though it happens to all of us and it sucks
Old 01-03-2016

Longevity: 49%

let it slide my friend, buyer will always win.
Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 47%

I once sold an iPhone to Albania. I did not use the global shipping program and sent it without international tracking as it was unavailable to that country.
After one month the buyer contacted me, claiming that he did not receive it. I plugged in the tracking number on USPS.com and it showed that it had left the country 3 weeks prior. There was no additional tracking info available. Another week went by and the buyer opened a case. I responded straight away and uploaded the tacking info which was disclosed at the time of the sale, but I did it anyway. Ebay closed the case and took my $150. I called and complained, I was told that seller is responsible to make sure item is delivered. Shipping alone and tracking info is not enough.
My saving grace was that buyer had asked me after the purchase to put a lesser amount on the customs form than the winning bid. This was a violation from the buyer's side (lucky me!) and eBay gave my money back.
Old 01-28-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Selling items like iPhones internationally will just give you headaches, scammers already know how easy it is to get a refund and free phone from eBay because tracking cuts off once the item leaves the country.

Its such a popular item, that there is really no need to sell internationally, you will have plenty of buyers in THE US
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 48%

It's a shame really, iPhones are a lot more worth in the EU. A lot of wasted potential because a few ruin it for the rest.
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 47%

True. If you're selling internationally, must use eBay's Global Shipping Program. By doing so eBay takes the responsibility and you are not responsible if buyer claims that the item wasn't delivered. I learned this after this case.
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 49%

Ebay motto 'customer is always right' i disagree with op, if you dont have proof of delivery you are done,
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 64%

The initial decision is automatic. AUTOMATIC!! Will always go in buyers favour if there is no tracking number. You need to appeal the case for it to be looked at by real human eyes. There is no one on the other end monitoring the initial "item not received" case.
Old 05-22-2016

Longevity: 46%

It's almost like there's nobody even really there. They spend maybe 10 seconds reviewing each case.... and hold it against you 'cases closed without seller resolution' acting like you caused them this great inconvienece... like they actually took the time to review it. I feel the same way about my cases.... even more so in your case, they're not even trying. It is awful.
Old 05-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicsolovag View Post
True. If you're selling internationally, must use eBay's Global Shipping Program. By doing so eBay takes the responsibility and you are not responsible if buyer claims that the item wasn't delivered. I learned this after this case.
this is the one good thing about GSP - you can relax more in terms of INR if it is going abroad.....it probably puts off scammers too....
Old 06-16-2016

Longevity: 45%

I am just looking to start selling on ebay again. Currrently I am on Amazon now. Speaking to customer rep is one of the price I have to pay for selling on the platform. I guess same goes with Ebay. Buyers are always correct.... cuz they know we need their platform.