The time when sellers could leave negative feedback - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 04-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default The time when sellers could leave negative feedback

Those were the good old days. Buyers were reluctant to leave sellers negative feedback, because the seller can come back and leave negative feedback as well. Even though it's the sellers that pay eb's employees bills, now sellers always get shafted. Buyers now have all the power. They will leave you negative just because they are tough behind their computer screens, and there is nothing sellers can do about it. It's a feeling of power to buyers. Many people in this world are never happy. They will always find something to complain about. 1 disturbed buyer can leave you a negative, and that 1 negative can shut down your account.

I use to sell a lot of eb, now i've slowed down a lot trying to figure ways to use eb as a link to my website. Last buyer i had made a purchase of $389.00. He was a little kid who did not read the description at all. I made it clear as possible, 9 sentences. He failed to read, told him mom, and his mom filed a case vs me. His mom failed to read the description as well saying "do your research. if you don't know what this is, don't buy it" some how eb feels it's a sellers responsibility to make sure buyers read the description. of course buyer leaves negative, and then sent me back a 3 cook books in a box, got their money back and kept the item they bought from me..oh well, nothing you can do about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gamerguy For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (04-14-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2015

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: The time when sellers could leave negative feedback

I remember those days fondly.

Now, even if the buyer knows they are wrong they sometimes leave a negative to be spiteful.
Old 04-14-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy View Post
Those were the good old days. Buyers were reluctant to leave sellers negative feedback, because the seller can come back and leave negative feedback as well. Even though it's the sellers that pay eb's employees bills, now sellers always get shafted. Buyers now have all the power. They will leave you negative just because they are tough behind their computer screens, and there is nothing sellers can do about it. It's a feeling of power to buyers. Many people in this world are never happy. They will always find something to complain about. 1 disturbed buyer can leave you a negative, and that 1 negative can shut down your account.

I use to sell a lot of eb, now i've slowed down a lot trying to figure ways to use eb as a link to my website. Last buyer i had made a purchase of $389.00. He was a little kid who did not read the description at all. I made it clear as possible, 9 sentences. He failed to read, told him mom, and his mom filed a case vs me. His mom failed to read the description as well saying "do your research. if you don't know what this is, don't buy it" some how eb feels it's a sellers responsibility to make sure buyers read the description. of course buyer leaves negative, and then sent me back a 3 cook books in a box, got their money back and kept the item they bought from me..oh well, nothing you can do about it.
I am sorry to hear about that and yeah, sh*t happens.

BUT...

It is largely up to us, the sellers, how things will turn out.

I like to think that if I send a short message to my buyers shortly after they buy from me, thanking them and stating that I'm here shall they encounter any issues, then really fewer buyers would leave negative feedbacks.

Most of them would rather contact me and communicate things instead of leaving negative feedbacks by default.

It works for me. Give it a try if you have not already.

All the best.
Miracleview (11-05-2015)
Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I miss those days too - and money orders in the mail
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
plumsake2 (04-14-2015)
Old 04-14-2015

Longevity: 61%

Yeh, I used to get money orders too rsot (postal orders we call them here).
Old 04-14-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I think the new way is better. No more tit for tat feedback and buyers arn't afraid to leave realistic feedback.

An example being my friend didn't receive an item he ordered, he was reluctant to even contact the seller incase he became annoyed and left him negative feedback. So he.was going to just take the loss on the chin until I helped him.

Real bad eggs are few and far between on ebay. The professional scammers don't leave feedback anyway so they can fly under the radar.
Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

It's one of those things that doesn't affect me daily but once every 200-300 orders I get a customer who is so backwards and tarded that this feature would come in handy. Not because they leave me negatives, that hardly ever happens, but just because then I would have a chance to warn other people. I'd just leave a neg and comment that the buyer is a nightmare to deal with, that's all.

In most cases tho, I don't see a real need for it. I think this year I've had only one retarded customer, maybe two. Out of 1300 transactions or so, just one neutral feedback and that's kind of justified, but the customer was still happy with everything.

Again, I might not have the full on retarded customerbase and I'm sure some categories are worse than others.
Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Its a shame that every so often one runs into these retarded buyers who think that because they bought an item from you - no matter how low the cost - they now own you forever.
That's what this feedback policy brought about.
I hate it and I hate the feeling of being completely powerless when dealing with a-holes that know how to play the system to their advantage.
But it is what it is. Deal with ebay and you need to play by their rules. As retarded as they are. Despite the fact that what OP said is sooooo true - WE are the real costumers because it is WE who PAY ebay for the dubious pleasure of being able to sell on their platform...
Old 05-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I know, just got one today, not a neg but a problem buyer, we have all had them, asks lots on inane questions, and I knew they would be problems before I even sent it, was not surprised to see the complaint email, would like to express this in my fb so other sellers now it is not their imagination - this buyer really IS an a-hole
Old 05-01-2015

Longevity: 56%

same here

Old 05-01-2015
Banned

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I miss those days too - and money orders in the mail
I see you really miss those mo's rsot, you seem to bring that up a lot...
Old 05-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I remember having that ability, but I rarely had to use it. I get one negative out of each 300-500 positives, so it is not much of an issue for me. Neither is buyer scamming, although I ADMIT, it DOES happen.

When I see posts like this, I have to wonder what their overall negative percentage is and what the hell they are selling that is so attractive to the scamming buyers???
Old 05-01-2015

Longevity: 80%

Those were the good old days.. It actually kept "everyone" honest....
Old 05-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Ebay should make it possible to rate negative when you get a non paying bidder and can only rate them once a UPI case is closed without payment.
Old 05-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Ebayis about to get a dose of reality.

Sellers and businesses are fighting back. And they will soon realize that they need us.

I LOVE what uber did in allowing drivers to rate passengers. A woman complained that she couldn't call a cabbie because her rating was so low.

I hope that they bring the option back and make scammers and PITA buyers wonder when they get the boot.