eBay Inc. to create two independent public companies容Bay and PayPal - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay News

eBay News Do you have News About eBay? Spill it!

Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: eBay Inc. to create two independent public companies容Bay and PayPal

I dont imagine much change. Paypal is getting into private money lending and advances(purchases of futures) and they will make MORE money without ebay involved. A paypal rep recently told me that ebay has a lot of customers and makes paypal new customers but for them to grow they have to stop working directly with ebay. He also explained that paypal has lost tens of thousands of there best customers because ebay closed so many accounts so fast. Paypal wants those customers back and I can say they seem to be working hard at doing it. Things like paypal here and better web integration along with simple retail checkout is a huge step forward for small or new retailers, especially ones looking to farm off of ebay and amazon.

Another factor is AMAZON. Paypal almost got amazon as a client in recent time. Amazon would be paypal's BIGGEST and most profitable single client. They can only do this separate from ebay.
Personally I like Paypal and think this could be great in many ways not directly related to ebay sales.

Last edited by yankee; 09-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

ebay/paypal cases should not be integrated the way they are. Payment reviews should be handled better and very easily could be if not directly integrated with ebay. Tons of little glitches could instantly be fixed. Ebay dipping into your pocket via paypal may be reduced as well. Bulk paypal discounts are more likely to happen. I like the idea.
Old 09-30-2014

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I dont imagine much change. Paypal is getting into private money lending and advances(purchases of futures) and they will make MORE money with ebay involved. A paypal rep recently told me that ebay has a lot of customers and makes paypal new customers but for them to grow they have to stop working directly with ebay. He also explained that paypal has lost tens of thousands of there best customers because ebay closed so many accounts so fast. Paypal wants those customers back and I can say they seem to be working hard at doing it. Things like paypal here and better web integration along with simple retail checkout is a huge for small or new retailers, especially ones looking to farm off of ebay and amazon.

Another factor is AMAZON. Paypal almost got amazon as a client in recent time. Amazon would be paypal's BIGGEST and most profitable single client. They can only do this separate from ebay.
Personally I like Paypal and think this could be great in many ways not directkly
If ebey shut down peoples accounts, then paypal being seperate from ebay still isn't going to have them getting a paypal account. So they can do what exactly? Maybe it's good for people on this forum, but those tens of tousands of customers? They'll still be customers with paypal accounts and no ebay.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Paypal has offered many of us 1%ers who lost our ebay accounts last year many options to use paypal. Paypal wants our business OFF of ebay. That is what they are doing for many of the tens of thousands of closed accounts last year.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

You have to remember paypal is a credit card processor number one. Ebay just happens to be the majority of paypals business. There is a lot more private commerce in this world than there is on ebay alone. Paypal wants that business.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

The potential for paypal to now work with amazon is an interesting point and of course could be extremely profitable for paypal. But then again, amazon did release amazon payments so they may not want to help paypal since its a competitor.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
yankee (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Amazon is well know in the processing world for chargebacks. They are leaps and bounds better but still a big issue. Paypal on the other hand is know for very little chargebacks. Amazon stepping away on the processing side could be more competitive(or simply make more in fees, depending on the exact approach), offer more security for buyers and sellers alike.
It is interesting to say the least.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Paypal on the other hand is know for very little chargebacks.
You sell in another world then. I get chargebacks for $10, $20, $30 items long past the 45 day mark. People just want free sh!t and they don't care who they steal it from. I've only won a couple.
Old 09-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
You sell in another world then. I get chargebacks for $10, $20, $30 items long past the 45 day mark. People just want free sh!t and they don't care who they steal it from. I've only won a couple.
What the heck do you sell? I haven't received a single chargeback that was unwarranted. The few I did receive were my fault and they weren't from ebay.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

James13v, unknown most likely has more transactions than you, not the item. I had more chargbacks last year in one day than my previous entire decade of retail sales combined. Chargebacks, especially with amex is the easiest way for casual scamers to get money back.
I get ten to one on Amazon and I sell more in one week on ebay than I do in an entire year on amazon.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Correct. I focus on high volume lower priced products. So I'm shipping 7 days a week. But, people just lie and get their money back no problem. Especially since my prices are lower. I think it's just that much easier for the credit card companies to force a chargeback and PP approves it. When some moron calls their CC company and freaks out over $20-$30, they can pretty much say whatever they want and it will be approved.
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 66%

If paypal operated as a bank how do they let so many create so many stealth accounts ?

would you trust your investment money with them ?

Last edited by arktech; 10-01-2014 at 07:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2014

Quote:
James13v, unknown most likely has more transactions than you, not the item. I had more chargbacks last year in one day than my previous entire decade of retail sales combined. Chargebacks, especially with amex is the easiest way for casual scamers to get money back.
I get ten to one on Amazon and I sell more in one week on ebay than I do in an entire year on amazon.
I've sold about $400,000 worth of items, from $5 to $500. And the RARE chance I got a charge-back, it was due to my own negligence.

Tho I would like to hear what unknowns volume is.
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

I sell more than that per month on some accounts. Sometimes tens of thousands of items a month, other accounts 400-500 $400-2000 items

I find cheap items get most chargebacks. Also the cheapest items in a category. What I mean by that is if I am selling for example complete compound bow packages in the archery industry, sell a $1800 Hoyt Carbon Element, never an issue, but sell a Bear Archery $375.00 package and tons of issues. It is the buyer quality. Also tax season has far and away more issues for me on Bottom of the barrel high end items. The person who has to wait for the tax returns to buy a $400.00 item oftentimes has unrealistic expectations. Fortunately if you have a robust paypal account you can win almost all "Buyer Remorse" chargebacks. On the amazon side, you loose basically all chargebacks.
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
If paypal operated as a bank how do they let so many create so many stealth accounts ?

would you trust your investment money with them ?
Paypal will never operate as a bank. They are a credit card processing company at heart with exceptional technology and systems.

Private lending and Purchasing of futures is not banking and definitely not operating as a bank. Try walking into Band Of America and ask them if they will lend you 8% of the last 365 days gross income and see what they say.
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 62%

I did see bill me later change to PayPal credit

I wonder if the 180 day change is because of the split

On a side note I saw one of pp ex exces is running gdot bank?

Lots of huge changes
Old 10-01-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

They really will be huge now, I see them getting really big without eBay

Yes eBay put them on the Map, but now they are just holding them back, and once paypal is cut lose , they really will take over the world in online transactions

Other companies would not use paypal (Amazon) because eBay is a direct competitor, but not any more

I see Amazon bringing paypal along, I think they will almost need to, just because so many feel more comfortable making a purchase through eBay today

Once paypal is its own Company than , by Amazon adding that option, they will just grow there MarketPlace

I'm very curious what this will mean to sellers, and how information will be exchanged, Wow this is huge, and seems like a done deal early 2015

Hopefully it's beneficial to sellers and not just another killer, which I'm afraid of, the movement has been going to eliminate all us small sellers now for a while and this past year alone with the changes in both market places it seems that even though eBay and Amazon are competitors, the one thing in common is they are limiting the small seller.

But PayPal will be a giant, now, that they are able to move freely and get into markets that they could not because they were competitors because of eBay

What Genius this whole thing is, PayPal will become bigger than eBay now, I see them now in every market of online transactions

So hopefully, eBay will conform more to the sellers now that they no longer have the revenue generated by PayPal , it could work in our favor, but I'm always doubtful even though I have some hope
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Dmshark25, I have been assured and reassured that Paypal does want and is willing to adjust to sellers especially NOT on ebay. What paypal allows me to do with transferring/moving large(to me) amounts of money in no way any small or large bank would allow. Also paypal has a GIANT advantage of being a financial institute and not a bank. They are a company and the Federal Reserve does not have there hands in that pot of gold, yet, anyways.
Paypal is fast. I can send money to anywhere in the world and before I check my email the funds are there. It is crazy fast eliminating the federal reserve. I see more and more businesses grasping this. I can compete with fortune 500 companies for this reason alone. I can send money in USD, receive it in another currency and have product paid for three-21 days faster than a TT.
Old 10-01-2014

Longevity: 74%

So with 2 different independent public companies what exactly will this mean for ebay?

Will ebay have a new payment processor of there own on their site in 2015?
The Following User Says Thank You to secret storm For This Useful Post:
galigusso (10-03-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
So with 2 different independent public companies what exactly will this mean for ebay?

No they will still use paypal for payment, this is more for their stock owners to be happy
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
galigusso (10-03-2014)
Old 10-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

PP is not going anywhere in regards to EB.

People need to take some time to read a little more into what is happening here.

The fact that anyone thinks PP is just going to disappear from EB is f*cking hilarious.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
galigusso (10-03-2014)
Old 10-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post

Smokes and mirrors - PP will still be highly pushed
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
galigusso (10-03-2014)