eBay account has been restricted indefinitely - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: eBay account has been restricted indefinitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmswagserf View Post
An account was restricted, I am taking pictures for a new account right now, different background and lighting. can the pictures be linked because its from the same iphone camera?
Must ask quickly: did you use your iphone on your banned ebay? rsot should have noticed that about 'same iphone camera'.

If so, you have to make sure of not linking yourself. exif data is better to use as well.

Please let us now quickly.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-15-2015 at 03:47 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
rsot should have noticed that about 'same iphone camera'.

If so, you have to make sure of not linking yourself. exif data is better to use as well.
I did notice and that's why I told him he needs to strip the info - Exif data is also a good option
Old 04-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I did notice and that's why I told him he needs to strip the info - Exif data is also a good option
And if the iphone has had the ebay app, what happens?

Old 04-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

yes i did use it on my banned ebay, i took the pictures then sent them to my email.
i never used the app.
Old 06-09-2015

Longevity: 51%

unfortunately , To EB indefinitely = forever ever . Go Stealth
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

Same as everyone else. You need to start again. Ebay and Paypal do this because in their eyes its too risky or you have done something wrong which will lead to issues. If you performance has been poor you are best to start again. I know its hard but everyone on here has probably had to start again at somepoint prob more than once
Old 06-15-2015

We received this today!

Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

eBay Customer Service

Our account team are going to contact them in the morning to see if this can be resolved, but after what I just read it sounds like the end!
Thanks for the head's up
Old 06-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

This is their "Cookie-Cutter" Email most people get, it can literally mean a few hundred things. Even if you call they may not tell you Exactly what the real reason was but if you get a nice person they might give you a hint on what it was......Time to go Stealth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzy65 View Post
We received this today!

Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

eBay Customer Service

Our account team are going to contact them in the morning to see if this can be resolved, but after what I just read it sounds like the end!
Thanks for the head's up
Old 07-06-2015

Default Re: I was reinstated Twice! After indefinite suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggajuice View Post
That's not entirely true. I had my 1st ever account on Ebay suspended. However i had another account that i set up, with hardly any sales.

Whilst my 1st acc was suspended I plowed trade through my 2nd account, about 5 months later i took the risk of ringing Ebay.
I needed an higher selling allowance right! hehe .To my shock they increased my acc limits on my second acc in which i continued the same procedure monthly *ringing their limits dep) for about 3 months this continued, eventually my limits were enough for me to run all listings and products.
To all, i used the same name, same address, but different Email acc. However they knew my account was linked, but i didn't until an agent mentioned it on a later call.

I thought i'd be cheeky and ask if they would reinstate my suspended account, but the agent told me to concentrate on my second account and forget about the 1st account.

So this is what i summed up.

1. They clearly knew i had a suspended account but they allowed me to continue trading. $why not, i was paying stupid amount in Ebay fees every month$

2. They knew my 2nd account violated their selling policy, however Ebay USA allowed it, Ebay UK kicked up a bit of fuss. However most reps were happy to help me get around what they described as their Robotic controlled system which kept flagging our listings for certain words and phrases.
3. My 2nd account was also indefinitely suspended twice and had severe policy violations, in which i was able to have removed restoring it to All Green on the dashboard representing perfect standing order.
4. Until finally Xmas 2012 with 19k positive feedback, plat acc, top rated, in good standing order according to the Ebay seller dashboard, they suspended me again. I was in the wrong admittedly for selling digital goods in a digital age.

Sorry for the long winded post, i wanted to ensure i got it all in nickj and anyone else out their wondering what to do. You have an healthy chance of continuing trade if you know what to say to them.
I also have a limited account forever, do you know what I can say to reclaim your account.
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 61%

Get a stealth account and the stealth guide. Read it and get started right away. Don't waste time trying to reason with Ebay because unfortunately that will be wasted time and effort that goes no where. There are A LOT of really great sellers of accounts on this site you can buy from and THEY DO WORK!
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 61%

if on my suspended account i change all personal info to another person, whats to stop me then making another account in my name???
im gathering this wont work as would be to easy but what are the reasons it wont work??
thanks
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascot_man View Post
if on my suspended account i change all personal info to another person
Please don't assume Ebay is that stupid, they may be dummies but changing all the Information on an Ebay Account will raise every red flag available to Ebay.

Quote:
whats to stop me then making another account in my name???
What's to stop you? Apparently not even common sense but making another account in your name with the same banned address will get that account banned.

Quote:
im gathering this wont work as would be to easy but what are the reasons it wont work??
thanks
No it won't work...I just explained above.
Old 07-26-2015

Longevity: 53%

I was suspended from Ebay and my partner that lives with me was also banned !

She had done nothing wrong at all (not that I had either !) and she had nothing to do with my account. She has has a different account, name, bank, PAYPAL, and she was using her own laptop and dongle, so a different IP address. She has the same address and even just that one link was enough... now all her other details are also banned... forever ! There's no appeal etc.

It is a lot of effort to get back onto Ebay via sleath and build up your selling allowance, at any time you can be banned without explanation. Ebay fees are huge, there's no support for small sellers, they treat you like dirt, you get ripped off by some buyers and have to roll over and take it ! I tried every other website I could find, even set up my own, all useless. So why take this ? It's heartbreaking, instead of restoring equipment so someone else can use it, off it all goes to a landfill... all thanks to Ebay's greed !
Old 10-05-2015

Longevity: 49%

Well, I just got banned from my own account because my brother who was suspended due to the recent defect rules changes (After having 6 years at 99.9%) sent me some money from his paypal account to mine. They claim we are the same person.

I've talked to about 15 people, and the "the best" they can do for me is a 5/500 limit for the next several months until I can "prove" myself. Apparently the hundreds of successful transactions I've had already aren't good enough for them. They also let me know that my listings would be hidden, so how the heck am I supposed to sell anything to develop a clean record over the next several months?

Is there anyone at eBay I can plead my case to that will actually get me somewhere?
Old 10-14-2015

Longevity: 52%

There is no way in Hell I would pay over 10k in fees and they suspended my account. Move on to another stealth account. Use that 10k to buy a really good Ebay account and start over!
Old 12-06-2015

Longevity: 48%

wow looks like you were making good money. my score is 96.1% i am not suspended. dont know why they suspended you. may be you had many people reported you. what did you sell?
Old 12-07-2015

Longevity: 53%

Ayesha555 why such a lousy feedback score ? Personally I wouldn't buy off anyone below 98%.

None of us feels we did anything to deserve to be banned for life, that's kinda the thing we are going on and on about... I had 99.8% feedback that seemed to count for nothing. basically if you start selling too much they will ban you for life... no appeal... no explanation... just a big F U, too bad !

On the plus side have you found AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. ? MUCH better than buying on Ebay.
Old 03-02-2016

Longevity: 55%

They can shut you down anytime they want, as long as they can find some silly little reason and it is next to impossible to get reinstated. I'd much rather continue an honest business without the need of stealth accounts but sadly, ebay leaves no chance for that ever. Buyers are like leaves in the wind and their actions unpredictable. I used to even add little cards and gifts just to get positive feedback and offered extraordinary service at all times. It all makes no difference to most ebay buyers
Old 03-12-2016

Longevity: 50%

What we need is an really good hacker who can go into our suspended account and just change the settings.... Anyone know someone? If hackers can get into Nasa I'm sure E-bay would be much easier!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kburke253 For This Useful Post:
newbieblondie (04-24-2016), seeingeye (04-15-2016)
Old 04-24-2016

Longevity: 49%

has anyone tried selling real estate i read and i read but real estate is a different bird from something that sits in house that you sell ect
Old 01-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

DSMTool,

Who exactly were you trying to advise with your wisdom?

Did you NOT notice that the last post was made on 4th April 2016?

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
DSMTool,

Who exactly were you trying to advise with your wisdom?

Did you NOT notice that the last post was made on 4th April 2016?

Love it - thanks for the morning laugh