Suspended after 13 years. What to do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Suspended after 13 years. What to do

After 13 yrs on ebay, got the ax last week for low scores in my DSR for shipping time. A good friend says I can use his ebay and paypal account. I could just go to his house and list, but that might be a pain for him. I was wondering if I got a new ISP would I have to do anything to my pc or my rooter outside of clearing all cookies. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

avoid the friend route...

make your own, for all sorts of reasons

mainly delete cookies/flash, or use new window on safe side, change all personal info and also new bank and card. Do not change ISP, just make sure IP has changed but;

you are asking basic questions on how to be stealth you must read the e-book and or forums, because there is too much to list
jeffweico (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Default dif pc

He has a lap top the I could use. He has used it for ebay. If I reset my modem to get a new IP and plug it direct to the laptop, how would ebay know it was me. He uses the same cable company I use for service. My pc would not even be involved. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

As Oompa stated you have A LOT to learn about being stealth.

Dont do anything until you do A LOT of reading. Believe me you'll thank me for it in the end, dont rush into it.

You dont need a new laptop, you just need a new windows user account to keep cookies seperate and prevent linking.
Old 07-20-2011

Longevity: 75%

Redone please listen to Oompah and Imake$ - you will save yourself a lot of heartache and frustration if you do as they say.
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

If you are deadfast on doing this, make a new user account and list lightly - or access his comp remotely.
Old 07-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for the advice. I do not know my way around a computer. Very hard to understand the how to go about this and the terminology is very confusing.
Old 07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
After 13 yrs on ebay, got the ax last week for low scores in my DSR for shipping time. A good friend says I can use his ebay and paypal account. I could just go to his house and list, but that might be a pain for him. I was wondering if I got a new ISP would I have to do anything to my pc or my rooter outside of clearing all cookies. Thanks.
What are you going to do about shipping the items faster? What's the point of getting back on, if your ignore what the customers think about your service.

Maybe the first step would be to ask for some suggestions about your business plan.
Old 07-20-2011
Threadstarter  

I always shipped items out within the time frame stated in the auction. Due to my work schedule I have to say I ship within 10 business after the item is paid for. Most the time I shipped within 3-5 days.
Old 07-20-2011

3-5 days is real sloooow. Most customers expect to have the item shipped the same day or the next day at the latest.

Most sellers are aware of this and work real hard to meet the buyers expectations. The ones that don't end up getting suspended.
Old 07-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
If you are deadfast on doing this, make a new user account and list lightly - or access his comp remotely.
Remote access?
Old 07-20-2011

Longevity: 75%

You should pay your due and get the book. Then post in the sub. section so I don't have to read it.
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Your lack of knowledge, combined with your insistance on using a friend's information AND your extremely slow shipping times are setting you up for a disaster.

Your friend will lose his eBay account, you might lose the friendship.

Is it worth it?

Go stealth and use STEALTH information. Learn more about stealth either by buying the book or browsing the forums (browsing is FREE, so what could it hurt?). Ship within 24 hours of a sale. THEN you will be on the right track.

Using a friend's information (or anyone you know or are related to) is a REALLY BAD idea.

Buyers have been trained to expect lighning fast shipping. It makes no difference what you state in your listing, they want their items and they want them THREE MINUTES after they pay. That is just reality.

Rushing stealth and moving forward without knowing what you are doing WILL lose you an account. Or two. Or six. I've been there and done that.

Nobody here is maing money by giving you this advice. We are doing it to try to help you. So, please do not be insulted. There is no insult intended. It is just that we see several mistakes in your plan and we have made all of them before, as well as many others. Learn from our experience.

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%

Remote access = programs like team viewer or logm ein
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

WOW! What a good FORMER freind you are about to get.

Please listen and listen good. I've read only two replies and agree with them.

DO NOT USE YOUR FRIEND'S ACCOUNT.
Make your own.

Dont want to hear the sob story. A seller of as many years as you getting the ax means a CARELESS seller. It's on the cards you will repeat the same practises.

Start again as a stealth user. If it means starting from scratch, then take that as a lesson.

Good Luck. I'll be happy to help with questions about your own account. But not if you persist on thinking of that of a friend. It's a bad choice.
Be responsbile and make your own .
Old 07-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
WOW! What a good FORMER freind you are about to get.

Please listen and listen good. I've read only two replies and agree with them.

DO NOT USE YOUR FRIEND'S ACCOUNT.
Make your own.

Dont want to hear the sob story. A seller of as many years as you getting the ax means a CARELESS seller. It's on the cards you will repeat the same practises.

Start again as a stealth user. If it means starting from scratch, then take that as a lesson.

Good Luck. I'll be happy to help with questions about your own account. But not if you persist on thinking of that of a friend. It's a bad choice.
Be responsbile and make your own .
My freind offered this to me, it was his idea. I told him I had to check into to before I could do that. I in no way want to effect his account. That is why I asked here. I just wanted to know if that would be the way around this. I am not giving a sob story. I just came here to ask a simple question.
Old 07-21-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
3-5 days is real sloooow. Most customers expect to have the item shipped the same day or the next day at the latest.

Most sellers are aware of this and work real hard to meet the buyers expectations. The ones that don't end up getting suspended.
Yes, so true. Some idiot buyers expect first class mail to be in their mailbox the day after payment. I once had a buyer, paid on Friday evening and then Sunday evening he emails "Where is my stuff!?!? I paid you a LONG time ago!!"
Old 07-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
My freind offered this to me, it was his idea. I told him I had to check into to before I could do that. I in no way want to effect his account. That is why I asked here. I just wanted to know if that would be the way around this. I am not giving a sob story. I just came here to ask a simple question.
You came back and rebutted each of the users who said not to use a friend's account.

Sounded like a sob story..... it's not practical long term that was what I was saying.
Old 07-21-2011

Get the stealth guide...

Stealth is the only way to go
Old 07-21-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Using a friends account or info is a lose-lose for you and your friend.

If you lost this account you will lose others quickly and then possibly lose a friend real quick.

Being stubborn and not listening to the vets here is not a smart move.

Most of them that posted know this inside and out and you can learn a lot from them.