New Verified Account Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-22-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default New Verified Account Question

I had an account from 2006 get suspended for nonpayment of fees. Which really irked me because I had almost 200 positive feedback, would be around 250 if all buyers had left feedback.
(I sold a Seadoo motor that was picked up, buyer filed he did not receive the item, I had no proof of delivery obviously and eBay refunded his money and I now owe them $498)

I have made a new account using my mother's maiden name as mine. I listed an item to sell and the listing was removed and I received an email to call eBay to verify my identity. I was able to answer their questions and relist.

I've stalked these forums for a while and I have a pretty good understanding of Stealth accounts, like the one I created. All new info on the eBay and my new PayPal. I do however have a few questions.

1) The address I used is a vacation home at the coast. I buy just as much as I sell, and I'm only at the coast every 5 or 6 weeks so I'd rather not have stuff sitting in my mailbox there. Is there anyway I could add my current address to my "ship to" locations if I change a few letters? I mean for example if the road is "Ferndale" and I used "Furn Dale", would my items still reach me? Or would I have to get a PO Box?

2) Since I have verified the identity for the new account (and also the Paypal is verified), is it less likely to be suspended? I only sell around 20 items a month and buy just as much. I just want to know if I should go ahead and make a couple additional accounts or not.

This new account has the selling limits which I have never had before on my old account, but eBay does not hold my funds, my first sale went directly into my PayPal.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2012

if you've been stalking for a while, you'd know the answer to your first question is to keep buying and selling accounts separate. if you only go to your shipping address every 5 or 6 weeks, why not just have a buying account at your real address? and would you ship something to a PO Box?

Last edited by derbydave; 07-22-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2012
Threadstarter  

From what I've read, using the address that's on the suspended account would result in any other account (for buying or selling) it's linked to getting suspended. There is a lot on conflicting info on here, I was asking to be sure.
Old 07-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRChick View Post
I've stalked these forums for a while and I have a pretty good understanding of Stealth accounts, like the one I created. All new info on the eBay and my new PayPal. I do however have a few questions.
Research always helps

Quote:
1) The address I used is a vacation home at the coast. I buy just as much as I sell, and I'm only at the coast every 5 or 6 weeks so I'd rather not have stuff sitting in my mailbox there. Is there anyway I could add my current address to my "ship to" locations if I change a few letters? I mean for example if the road is "Ferndale" and I used "Furn Dale", would my items still reach me? Or would I have to get a PO Box?
Because your old address is tainted I would not put that near the new account. Much better to have a PO Box to stop a link. If this new account gets checked manually you could have troubles. Stealth should mean a new YOU & nothing liked to the old you.

Quote:
2) Since I have verified the identity for the new account (and also the Paypal is verified), is it less likely to be suspended? I only sell around 20 items a month and buy just as much. I just want to know if I should go ahead and make a couple additional accounts or not.
No account is less likely to be suspended. Ideally make more accounts to spread sales.

Quote:
This new account has the selling limits which I have never had before on my old account, but eBay does not hold my funds, my first sale went directly into my PayPal.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The status of all ebay accounts changes according to the whims of ebay/paypal. All you can do is operate to keep the account going. Keep in mind ebay has changed in the last years. Little is a given these days. Just do your best.
Good Luck
CBRChick (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012
Threadstarter  

I think I'll just get a PO Box then to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. A new po box address is a good idea - might as well check the guide for setting up your stealth operations too.

All the best.
Old 07-23-2012

You should definitely buy the guide, and use as reference..
Old 07-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Why not pay the fees and get your good account back?
Old 07-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

@imjustme, come on now bro that would be too easy! Nooo we gotta mix it up and find a different way! lol.