Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term: - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

My first old suspended eBay account was back in 2006. Well, out of 20 more following by hehe..Anyway, this year i was given a new laptop as a gift and decided to take a risk by creating a new eBay account with the same old name and home address used in 2006 (different phone #) As you know, the new mc999 eBay system for newbies is as soon as you list your first item, the next day or sooner it is taken down. And your selling limits dropped to 0 which chances are either you will have to call to increase them or your account be put under review for 90 days as far a selling is a concerned.

This is what happened to me my limits dropped to 0. Therefore i didn't know what to do, all furiously-blinded called right away to request an increase and giving them all my legit. info tho which surprisingly the verification process did go through. They couldn't detect that it was me at the end the increase was from 0 to 50 items-$2500. How sweet!

It's been 6 months and my account is still running normally . Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-18-2014 at 06:15 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default re: Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

they may not have linked you right away. people get increases then the ban hammer a few days later.

if you put your ssn on your orig 2006 acct and then use it again on this new one yes it will link u.

they may not have detected it over the phone, heck half of them are clueless to whats going on unless the system says something. when you run into a clever one be sure and know they will shut it all down they can find
Old 04-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticbb View Post
Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?
No it's not possible. You just got real lucky because the reps didn't do a thorough scrutiny. Sometimes eBay will actually let you slide for a while if they see you have been banned in the past long ago, but have not broken any rules since. However, if something does raise a flag on your account later down the road and your account has been scrutinize through a manual review, your account WILL be shut down again.
Old 04-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
they may not have linked you right away. people get increases then the ban hammer a few days later.

if you put your ssn on your orig 2006 acct and then use it again on this new one yes it will link u.

they may not have detected it over the phone, heck half of them are clueless to whats going on unless the system says something. when you run into a clever one be sure and know they will shut it all down they can find
Yes, that's what i thought before taking this risky step. my account have been running calmly for 6 months+ and yet no detection . Just keeping everything under radar
Old 04-18-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
No it's not possible. You just got real lucky because the reps didn't do a thorough scrutiny. Sometimes eBay will actually let you slide for a while if they see you have been banned in the past long ago, but have not broken any rules since. However, if something does raise a flag on your account later down the road and your account has been scrutinize through a manual review, your account WILL be shut down again.
Not sure by "thorough secrutiny", but they did kind of background check by asking a series of questions of my parents etc...if i did get lucky i just want to enjoy this as much extensively as i can while it last :D...
Old 04-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

You should definitely enjoy it while you can, but be prepared for suspension later down the road. It's inevitable.
Old 04-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticbb View Post
It's been 6 months and my account is still running normally . Can someone explain that to me? Is it really possible to create a new ebay account with the same old info but using a new laptop?
Not wisely or sensibly.

You are operating with the monkey of ebay on your back all the time.

At any time the account might get reviewed manually.

A staffer will pick up the reuse of old suspended information

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
fantasticbb (04-20-2014)
Old 04-19-2014

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

Tomorrow, I am going to register with my ss number and I'll report back when it's hammer time. How long before I list on such account?
Old 04-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Does reusing old info with new laptop work long term:

@okay

go to your BED right now.

Do not waste your SSN.

even if you are joking
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
okay (04-19-2014)