Please help!! Tickets sold to buyer who made a claim - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-23-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Please help!! Tickets sold to buyer who made a claim

I sent tickets to a buyer via USPS with a signature required. The buyer signed for the tickets and he paid me. The event closed early because of the weather(rain). The buyer opened a case stating that the tickets were unusable because the event was cancelled. I replied and the case went to the resolution center and Ebay sided with the buyer.

I don't know if the buyer used the tickets or not. He could have sold them to someone else as far as i know. I spoke with an Ebay representative and was told that if I didn't refund the money to the buyer then Ebay would refund the buyer and then ebay would come after me for the money. I was told there was basically nothing I could do at this point, either refund the buyer or refund ebay. He insinuated that if I didn't refund the buyer the case would be turned over to a collection agency.

Oh yeah. he said I had 3 days to decide what I wanted to do or the case would be closed and I would owe Ebay the money. I have already paid the ebay and paypal fees incurred for the sale of the tickets which they say i will get back when i refund the money. Is this legal? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-23-2014 at 06:53 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Please help!! Tickets sold to buyer who made a claim

Is this a real or stealth account?
Old 04-23-2014

Longevity: 59%

No like send to another paypal email
Old 04-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Why didnt you ask the buyer to return them for a refund in the case?
Usually that is what ebay would suggest anyway..
Old 04-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta View Post
I sent tickets to a buyer via USPS with a signature required. The buyer signed for the tickets and he paid me. The event closed early because of the weather(rain). The buyer opened a case stating that the tickets were unusable because the event was cancelled. I replied and the case went to the resolution center and Ebay sided with the buyer.

I don't know if the buyer used the tickets or not. He could have sold them to someone else as far as i know. I spoke with an Ebay representative and was told that if I didn't refund the money to the buyer then Ebay would refund the buyer and then ebay would come after me for the money. I was told there was basically nothing I could do at this point, either refund the buyer or refund ebay. He insinuated that if I didn't refund the buyer the case would be turned over to a collection agency.

Oh yeah. he said I had 3 days to decide what I wanted to do or the case would be closed and I would owe Ebay the money. I have already paid the ebay and paypal fees incurred for the sale of the tickets which they say i will get back when i refund the money. Is this legal? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
So what your saying is....There is no way to check and see if the event was closed or the tickets were used? There's no website, Phone Number?
And if the event was cancelled then you need to request for the tickets back.
Old 04-23-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Wouldn't you be able to get a refund or reschedule for another date if the event was cancelled?

I'm sure they had to compensate everyone that attended the event in some way
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

The gates to the event opened at 8:00 am and closed at 10:00am because of rain. I'm told that the tickets don't have to be returned. The event is refunding tickets if you bought directly from them. There is absolutely no way to find out if these tickets were used or not other than the buyer sending them back. My ebay and paypal fees have been paid. Can ebay turn me over to collections for a refund they gave someone? I had no money in my paypal account and now the balance is negative $1600.
Old 04-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Starting to smell fishy!
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (04-24-2014)
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

It is a real account. Not a stealth account. Thank you
Old 04-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%

If its a real account then yes if you do not pay them back they can come after you for the money
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Even though I paid the fees to ebay and PayPal for the sale? My main concern is ebay turning this over to collections which I hear will kill your credit.
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

I was just told that this is called disputed debt. Entirely diiferent than failure to pay credit card debt, medical bills, ebay or paypal funds etc.. I was told Ebay could not win this if they wanted to pursue litigation. Anyone been in this situation? The guy got the tickets he paid for and the event was open to all valid ticketholders. The event had to shut down early because of weather. What am I missing here? Once again, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 04-24-2014

Longevity: 59%

tickets are kind of sketchy off and on ebay. I totally believe you and feel the guy is scamming hard. He probably dumped the tickets for a quick flip and got lucky with the rain out. Anyways if ebay has documented this already you may just need to call them again and get someone else or call paypal directly.

if it is a real account yes they can come after you.
Old 04-24-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

This is a no brainier , once your account is in the negative u will get a few weeks of emails telling you to pay fees and as it progressives they will restrict your account and eventually sell off your debt to collections and it will be written off as bad debt on your credit report
Old 04-25-2014
Threadstarter  

Thank you very much to all that replied.