30 day suspension help!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default 30 day suspension help!!

Received this notice from ebay:

Hello ......,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions: - Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items for 30 days. - Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message. - We have credited any associated fees to your account. Your listing was removed after the rights owner notified us that your item violated their copyright. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the removal of your listing and whether you can relist the item. For more information on our VeRO program, please visit: http://pages.ebay.com/vero/infoforusers.html If you have more questions, contact our policy experts: http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1187 The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Zumba Productions, LLC, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact Zumba Productions, LLC directly if you have any questions. You can send an email to: zumba.legal@zumba.com For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...s-vero-ov.html During this restriction you can still: - Send email - Obtain shipping addresses - Leave Feedback - Perform other administrative tasks After 30 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account. Here are the listings that were removed: The Ultimate Zumba Fitness... We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks, eBay

I am a Top Rated Plus seller with 3300 feedbacks an a 99.9% feedback rating selling 20-30 items per day. I did not know it was a restricted item. Have removed all possible restricted items. Should I appeal to ebay by phone or email to try and get my suspension lifted. I have over 700 items ready to list with more on the way for Christmas sales qnd I can't list any of them. My business is devastated. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited by TGMTē; 10-30-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: TMI
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: 30 day suspension help!!

Top Rated or Not....You sold an item that is heavily count.er.fited and apparently Zumba didn't like you selling their items.

Just because your TR or have lots of feedback does not mean your immune from being hit by Vero.

At this point, just suck it up and don't list anymore Zumba's....Just so you know, the law firm that handles Zumba is notorious for taking down items.
Old 10-31-2014

Longevity: 59%

Yea, ebay doesn't care about how long you've been on their site, if you're a TRS, have 100% pos feedback, or that you gave your mom a great present for mothers day.....

If you sell VERO and get caught, you're......well....caught. Be glad you only got 30 days, forget any VERO/branded item and hold your breath....

That account is now on a creaky bridge, treat it as such....

And if you need sales NOW, either create or purchase multiple stealth accounts and spread your sales.

Last edited by pokerpro; 10-31-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Looks like you are into selling risky items.

All the best as you learn stealth
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

As a seller, as a TRS, your first duty is to check any item you list is OK.

Were there any suspensions before thsi one of 30 days?

You have to search outside of ebay to confirm that first & foremost.

Use google now to see the horror stories of ZUMBA.

Make sure whatever items you list will be OK.

Good Luck.

Old 10-31-2014

Longevity: 74%

At this point, you will have to wait out the 30 days. In the meantime, if you have some spare money, setup up a few Stealth Accounts, which will allow you to spread out your Selling. Move at a nice & steady pace with the Stealth Accounts, and make sure to be not in a hurry to grow them to fast.

Once the 30 days are up on your Top Rated Account, no more Zumba. You are now on Ebay's radar & the Law Firm's radar that defend Zumba.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

MAKE SURE YOU REPLY TO EVERY QUESTION AND CASE, ETC...INSTANTLY IF POSSIBLE!!!

Ebay will close an account if you don't on the 31st day.

Any other emails from ebay? Sometimes you get them in email and not in ebay messages as well from a very strange department. If you get one that says call in by a certain time, then make sure you do it. If you get an email from ebay that does not seem normal from ebay and it asks to call in, do it.

How you handle your account in the next 30 days will determine your future with this account.

Start making new accounts by following the ebay stealth guide and reading on this forum. Make sure you are never devastated again.
Old 10-31-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have not received any additional emails from Ebay. Thanks for the heads up. I will surely answer immediately if I receive any. I plan to set up some stealth accounts to protect from this in the future. I am still allowed to receive and ship orders from my current inventory but I can't list anything new. If I set up stealth accounts and then log in to my current account to ship product are there ip issues? Thanks for all of your help folks. Any comments will be take to heart.
Also what are the drawbacks of buying pre set up accounts.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

I would get the stealth guide as soon as possible to get a grasp on how to manage multiple accounts BEFORE you start making new accounts.

LOTS of do not's to follow.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
MM78 (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Please take Yankee's advice. Pick up the Ebay Stealth Book, be sure to read it A LOT. Also check the forum often for tips/tricks. If you have questions, you can use the search function....chances are any question you might have has been asked 1,000,000 times and answered 10x more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-03-2014), pokerpro (11-02-2014)
Old 10-31-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just purchased the Stealth Book. Any opinions on buying accounts vs setting up your own. I'm very grateful for your help.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Buying Accounts takes out the frustration of making them if your new, making them can be a challenge sometimes but which ever you go with....it's best to get the basic foundation down.

If you have solid computer/tech skills then you can learn to make accounts rather easily. With Stealth, your going to see that there are extra steps, rules that must be applied in order to run an account successfully, example:
1. Changing IP's (if more than 1 stealth)
2. Making sure not to cross link accounts (more than 1 account)
3. Multiple Bank Accounts
4. Paying Fee's
etc.

Honestly, If you want to get back quickly...you can buy an account and at the same time learn to make your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-03-2014)
Old 10-31-2014

I guess its all about the time you have. If your in a rush with limited time..then buy.
But if you have time and patience and digest the stealth guide, then have a go yourself.
Some also do both...make some and buy some
Its down to your own personal preference i guess :-)
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

I buy some, sometimes a lot of them. I also make them, but don't really enjoy it and find my time more valuable(even if goofing off right here like I am today)
When you buy an aged account, you can list in a few days or less. When you make an account, I always wait 30+ days to eliminate having to call in. Also most of the account you make will start with 10-$1000.00 and today, right now, many get 0-0 without calling in.

Mess around with both.
Old 10-31-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Are there reputable and non-reputable sellers of these aged stealth accounts. I have nearly 1,000 items to list and need to get in business as soon as I can. I have no known limits on my temporarily (hopefully) limited legit account and will have to figure out the limitations of a stealth account. I'm picking up on the fact that I should probably list slowly. I thank you in advance for any comments.
Old 10-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookandmovieguy View Post
Are there reputable and non-reputable sellers of these aged stealth accounts.
Reputable Sellers: eBay Accounts for Sale - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums
Non-Reputable Sellers: Anyone Private Messaging You that isn't listed on the Marketplace section.

Quote:
I have nearly 1,000 items to list and need to get in business as soon as I can.
1,000 items will be very difficult to sell right away, even on an aged account....selling 1,000 items too fast will draw negative attention to your account. The only possible way is to have multiple accounts, say 10 or so and even then it's going to depend on what you sell.

Selling anything branded, high risk, etc will not be advisable on a new account.

Quote:
I'm picking up on the fact that I should probably list slowly.
Bingo! slow, low risk items, also something else else to consider....Now a days there are "Category" limits. Example: Electronics, Beauty, and others.
Old 10-31-2014

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
As a seller, as a TRS, your first duty is to check any item you list is OK.

Were there any suspensions before thsi one of 30 days?

You have to search outside of ebay to confirm that first & foremost.

Use google now to see the horror stories of ZUMBA.

Make sure whatever items you list will be OK.

Good Luck.

This is good advice. Any type of fitness programs are not a good item to sell, they will all get taken down.
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
This is good advice. Any type of fitness programs are not a good item to sell, they will all get taken down.
If you are selling something that has you kicked off one time. It will get you kicked off again. Being in this business 10 years. I don't understand how people think they can just buy an account and they will all of a sudden be under the radar again. I am sorry but that is not how it works.

There are strategies to building accounts with low risk items that somewhat offset high risk items. But the mentality even after all these year cracks me up.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (11-07-2014)
Old 11-02-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

hopefully your entire inventory is not the same that caused a 30 day suspension, Because you will burn through new accounts fast

With TRS accounts eBay does give a little more lead way, but eventually the end result is the same like any other account and they will suspend you

But with new accounts your on a tight leash, especially the first 90 days and now that it's the holidays, listing high risk on a new account is almost impossible, especially now that your just beginning stealth

I know your in a panic and all you think about is getting that revenue that u had back, we all been there, but unfortunately there's no quick fix

If you try and rush which you will probably do, you will keep setting yourself further back, and than after you will either settle down, and learn, and go slow, or give up

There's so much to learn that it never stops, and as someone that is just starting id say an account should not be ready or you should not be concerned about making money the first 90 days, this is the time you need to get your trust with eBay /paypal and develop your account into a money maker.

It's hard to do in the beginning, especially if it is your only income stream but if you take your time in 90 days you can start making money if you rush that 90 never comes

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 11-03-2014 at 05:19 PM. Reason: small correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (11-02-2014), vogeltron (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

@Dmshark25 is absolutely right. First time you get bounced it is a shock. Unfortunately there is no quick fix to recreate what you one had. You have to take a step back evaluate and learn the inns and outs of how to do it the right way. Otherwise you will experience the same results sad to say.

I learn more every day even after 10 years when I started at 16 years old. There is so much to learn everything changes so quickly.
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Make multiple stealth accounts and spread sales - work on this right away
Old 11-03-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. Several of you have suggested that I list slowly and list low risk items. My inventory consists primarily of books and movies. Are these considered high risk? Is there a list of categories that define high risk or low risk?