Ebay suspension due to seller rating - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Ebay suspension due to seller rating

Hi all,

eBay decided to suspend my account due to a low seller rating, the reason for this low seller rating is that before xmas I was selling a personalised item but due to so many idiots forgetting to send the details of the personalised product the buyers then decided to open cases against me because they didn't receive the item.

All of this was clearly stated in my listings telling the buyer to PLEASE ADD NAME in NOTES TO SELLER SECTION in big bold red writing and in the sub headings.

However people still didn't add the details but instead raised cases against me.

Ebay have penalised me for this and I have argued the case but they just don't want to know, is there anyone out there has had the same experience or anyone that thinks that I have a case to go to court as my eBay business is the foundation of my business and has now suffered consequences of this.

I look forward to peoples feedback
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2015

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Ebay suspension due to seller rating

No trying to be a smarta$$ here, but if you are having that problem then you are probably selling items that appeal to idiots.

Change your product.

The products I have, and the prices I charge.........you have to be on the intelligent side to buy them and in that case you probably have read the listing and understand the customization requirements.
Old 03-04-2015

Longevity: 63%

i also was selling items appealing to riffraf and i have lost an account due to low seller rating.
i am not searching for a new product that appeals to respectable people who will give me great feedback .
only trouble im having with the ebay is theyre not puting my limits up ,ive been waiting 3 months now.
Old 03-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco259 View Post
Hi all,

eBay decided to suspend my account due to a low seller rating, the reason for this low seller rating is that before xmas I was selling a personalised item but due to so many idiots forgetting to send the details of the personalised product the buyers then decided to open cases against me because they didn't receive the item.

All of this was clearly stated in my listings telling the buyer to PLEASE ADD NAME in NOTES TO SELLER SECTION in big bold red writing and in the sub headings.

However people still didn't add the details but instead raised cases against me.

Ebay have penalised me for this and I have argued the case but they just don't want to know, is there anyone out there has had the same experience or anyone that thinks that I have a case to go to court as my eBay business is the foundation of my business and has now suffered consequences of this.

I look forward to peoples feedback
I was actually selling personalized items in the US for Christmas. I also had the same issue with idiots not reading where and how to add what they wanted personalized. I am sure I suffered defects from this also due to 2 day processing time and waiting 3-5 days on some people to tell me what they wanted. Also, EB messaging was not working 100%. Too many times I had ppl tell me they sent a message that I never received. However, I did not have many cases opened as you did.

I think next year you should give more thought on how to protect yourself from the idiots that choose not to read or do not know how to read. With you having the experience from the previous year, I am sure you can come up with a better plan.
Old 03-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Also do EBAY take into consideration of people not leaving feedback?

My stars fell into below standard once. Though I calculated that had the people left good feedback (they never got back to me saying they were displeased), then my rating would be above standard!

It was something like 25 transactions out of 100 which people never left feedback. EBAY say its optional though they still hammer you for it not left etc!

Though I do find on EBAY a lot of buyers just don't engage with the feedback system & are just happy with their purchase!
Old 03-05-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesty View Post

My stars fell into below standard once. Though I calculated that had the people left good feedback (they never got back to me saying they were displeased), then my rating would be above standard!

It was something like 25 transactions out of 100 which people never left feedback. EBAY say its optional though they still hammer you for it not left etc!

Though I do find on EBAY a lot of buyers just don't engage with the feedback system & are just happy with their purchase!
Hey Nesty if you think feedback tends to be missed out on eBay, you should try Amazon buyers, they are worse for this!
Old 03-05-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:

Feedback doesn't matter, to offset a low DSR which is a defect now you need to just make more sales,

Your defect percentage is based on the total amount of sales, so every sale counts

They now take the defect and divide that into the total amount of transactions, and it doesn't matter whether they left feedback or not
Old 03-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Feedback doesn't matter, to offset a low DSR which is a defect now you need to just make more sales,

Your defect percentage is based on the total amount of sales, so every sale counts

They now take the defect and divide that into the total amount of transactions, and it doesn't matter whether they left feedback or not
Isn't the star rating totally connected with seller perfomance and if I remember as a buyer you fill out the star rating upon leaving feedback don't you.
Old 03-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

eBay is pretty unforgiving. If you have problems no matter the reason they seem to want to cut ties. You could have the best product in the world but keep getting complaints it isn't worth it for them. I have no idea about the U.K. or Etsy. But personalized products cater to that market from what I hear.
Old 03-06-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Isn't the star rating totally connected with seller perfomance and if I remember as a buyer you fill out the star rating upon leaving feedback don't you.
Now it all about your defect percentage, they changed the system, there is still DSR's but everything now comes down to that defect percentage

So a buyer can leave a negative feedback , and low dsrs in two categories for one transaction

This won't be counted as 3 defects but only one defect

Now to get that defect percentage they take that 1 defect you received and divide that into the total amount of transactions

So it's divided into TOTAL transactions not just transactions that have feedback

They now judge everyone on the total transaction so if you get a positive but a low DSR than it still counts as a defect, and just as bad as getting a negative
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Now it all about your defect percentage, they changed the system, there is still DSR's but everything now comes down to that defect percentage

So a buyer can leave a negative feedback , and low dsrs in two categories for one transaction

This won't be counted as 3 defects but only one defect

Now to get that defect percentage they take that 1 defect you received and divide that into the total amount of transactions

So it's divided into TOTAL transactions not just transactions that have feedback

They now judge everyone on the total transaction so if you get a positive but a low DSR than it still counts as a defect, and just as bad as getting a negative
DSR is even worse in the eyes of EB as you will be suspended very quickly for 10% DRS. You will get limits down for DSR 5%
As reagarding Feedback its more for the buyers , they will be afraid to buy items if you have low DSR
Sometimes if you have hard to get good you can sell very well even on 80% feedback
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 66%

ebay's new returns system is killing accounts on a daily basis. your ebay account faith is in the hands of your buyers.
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

learn stealth. buy the stealth guide. move on. be happy