How do I prevent eBay from making immediate refunds after suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default How do I prevent eBay from making immediate refunds after suspension?

Last week my eBay account got suspended. I did not got linked, I think I got suspended because I was selling too much too fast. Going from zero to 200 items in a week raised some flags.

My own fault but no problem. Today it started itching and I responded to their request to upload ID documents. I asked them what was wrong and wy I needed to upload those documents. I got the same BS reply as always: I was violating their policy in some way so they needed to verify my identity.
After a few messages I basically told them to go F it (since my account was lost anyway), I was not uploading any personal information before they would tell me which policy I violated - which they wouldn't.

Although it was satisfying, in hindsight it was not my best idea ever, I suppose I pissed somebody off because they immediately blocked my account entirely. I don't really care about that but at the same time they deleted all my listings, including the ones with finished sales.

Now all my buyers got an e-mail, telling them that they should open a case. Now, some buyers are doing that. The annoying part of this is that I do not even get a notification of that, or a chance to respond, they just refund the buyer immediately.

This is pretty annoying and it is not the first time that they automatically refund buyers because my account got blocked. I do not really are about the block, but I would like to get at least the chance to explain the situation to buyers whenever I get blocked. Does anybody know a way around that, so that eBay does not send automatic refunds whenever a buyer opens a resolution case?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: How do I prevent eBay from making immediate refunds after suspension?

As far as I know there is no way around this. I have seen this many times. As soon as an account is suspended, they send the email to buyers and then it is open season on your money. eBay holds you down while the customers have their way with you and get free stuff. A certain percentage of buyers will file claims only because they think if they don't, they will never receive their item or get their money back. Many times, I have buyers email me after they received their item and asked how they could pay me. Those are the honest ones. But there is another type of buyer who views this as an opportunity to get both the item AND their money back. And there is no way to stop them. But if anyone finds a way, please let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: How do I prevent eBay from making immediate refunds after suspension?

That is why you should never keep any considerable amount of money in your PP.
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 82%

Do not link a Bank. Just a prepaid card with $1 left.
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by incniu View Post
Do not link a Bank. Just a prepaid card with $1 left.
Is that even possible? How can you sell without linking a bank to PP?
Old 02-11-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghackett5 View Post
Is that even possible? How can you sell without linking a bank to PP?
I think it's possible, but both eb/pp really don't like it, so don't expect the accounts to last long.
Old 02-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
That is why you should never keep any considerable amount of money in your PP.
My first thought was to remove all my funds from my PayPal account indeed. This won't work since it was a rather fresh account I still have the 21 days hold on my funds. I sell low valued items so they are not shipped with tracking so there is a considerable amount in reserve.

Too bad there is no way around this. I don't blame the buyers though. If I would receive an e-mail like this I wouldn't trust it either and open a case.

Next time I will just keep my big mouth shut to delay the final suspension as much as possible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to perfect30 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-12-2016), muzzie (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect30 View Post

Next time I will just keep my big mouth shut to delay the final suspension as much as possible
If you face this again, pm me quickly!!! I will try to talk you thro' the 1000 reasons to not abuse paypal....

At the least we will both laugh!

Take care, my Friend. You can beat paypal!!!

Old 02-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Haha thanks, will do!
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Haha thanks, will do!
Sounds a plan!

Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@perfect30, perhaps best to communicate with your buyers via e-mail to console/pacify them
Old 02-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
My first thought was to remove all my funds from my PayPal account indeed. This won't work since it was a rather fresh account I still have the 21 days hold on my funds. I sell low valued items so they are not shipped with tracking so there is a considerable amount in reserve.

Too bad there is no way around this. I don't blame the buyers though. If I would receive an e-mail like this I wouldn't trust it either and open a case.

How do you get away with shipping without tracking? Plus it's free if you ship with paypal. why not use it?
Old 02-12-2016
Threadstarter  

I ship from the Netherlands. Regular shipping is pretty cheap but cheapest option for tracked shipping costs about 18 euros.
Don't know exactly why it is not an issue, possibly because I do not select USPS as shipping method. I always select standard shipping from outside USA