Vpn users beware!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Vpn users beware!!!!

Anyone that uses a VPN beware. I just over the past couple of days had my Paypal account frozen and subsequently shut down all because of a VPN. Paypal told me that due to their new security policy they need "All the information to be the same." The account was frozen because of the VPN and when I was talking to customer service trying to get the account reinstated they did some digging and linked my new account to an old suspended account. The person I spoke with told me the ONLY reason my account was frozen was because I was using a VPN. Had I used a land line then I would have been OK. I don't know how this new security policy will affect anyone using Dial up. Dial up obtains a new IP address every time you connect but the locations of the IP address will be the same as the ebay/paypal account. I obviously plan on starting more accounts but I don't know if I should use Dial up for any new accounts I get or if I should just change the MAC address on my router each time I log into a different account. If anyone has any information on this please let me know.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Vpn users beware!!!!

It's your VPN provider you should be complaining about, not VPNs in general. All my accounts have been running on VPN and NO PROBLEM, been doing this for years....
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%

Well first off, what kind of VPN did you use?

Because majority of well-known public ones are pretty risky.
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

What is the name of the VPN you have been using?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-03-2016 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Play (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Seems like you were trying to cut down on a few bucks and decided to use overly popular, used and abused VPN providers. Seems to have bit you in the back?
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

A VPN should be fine as long as it is from a reputable and not abused source - and as long as it is a Private and Dedicated one (which costs a bit extra).
Cut corners and cheap out and this will always be the result.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
Play (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

This thread needs to be renamed to "I used an already abused VPN and got caught" or "I used the wrong VPN Provider"
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Play (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
This thread needs to be renamed to "I used an already abused VPN and got caught" or "I used the wrong VPN Provider"
A better name would be.

I am being a sheep and following the flock ALL using the same type of systems.

Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%

We have all been new once

So long as OP learns from the mistake of using an abused VPN (which is what has most likely happened) then hopefully they can go onto to succeed in stealth!
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Play (05-03-2016)
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

So long as OP learns from the mistake of using an abused VPN (which is what has most likely happened) then hopefully they can go onto to succeed in stealth!

Problem is the newbies are being force fed on ways to start again with stealth.

Show me a recent thread where any other means of access was actively encouraged?

Nowdays few and far between.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-02-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

He's not subscribed or got the Stealth Book, there might be many ways he got caught, not just VPN
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
yankee (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, you need to learn stealth and stop using over-used and abused services. Do it right.
Old 05-03-2016
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Using the cheapest available good is always tempting, but you get what you pay for....
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MM78 (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

I think all Stealth Guru's can agree, they are were they are today, having made all the mistakes. Even reading stealth guide cover to cover doesn't complete your knowledge on this topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
SaphirePawn (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Wow, ok. I didn't expect this many replies in one day. I'm glad to see how active the eBay Stealth community is! First I would like to thank the members who tried to be helpful. Now, let me see if I can address everyone's questions and concerns. For starters, yes I have the stealth guide but it is a couple of years old. When I read through it before, VPNs were said to be fine but not recommended over DSL or manually changing your MAC address.

I am going to buy the new stealth guide today since the information in the old one is more than likely out of date. The VPN provider I was using is ViperVPN. I checked several review and comparison websites before buying and they were consistently one of the most highly recommended VPN service providers. They are also just as expensive as 24VC which as you know provides dedicated IPs and VPN servers. So I was not trying to cut corners or costs. With ViperVPN I was receiving a different IP address each time I logged in.

I'm not 100% sure if it was solely the different IPs or if it was that the location of the IP address was different from my billing, shipping, and business address that threw up the red flag. The rep I spoke with specifically said that paypal requires me to log in with the same IP address each time.

She also said that the ONLY reason my account was limited was because of the VPN. It is very possible that there were things I could have done better. I am by no means claiming to be an expert on eBay Stealth. However, the rep did say that this was a NEW security policy. I just wanted to give people a heads up in case this was something that just got implemented in a past month or two.

Does anyone have any recommendations? What are your experiences with dial up? Does anyone think that dial up would result in the same red flags as the VPN service in regards to receiving a different IP address each time you connect.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-03-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

I would definitely buy the new stealth guide. It looks WWAAYY better. Aspkin took a lot of time making it look awesome. If the VPN you use is just as expensive as 24VC, then I would just get 24VC. I think there are a lot of VPNs that are good or use to be good, but I do not think any would be better than 24VC. It is going to be hard to tell what exactly causes this because the security issues they are implementing are new. The rep telling you that you need to use the same IP address every time is a paypal lie. I never use the same IP address because I use a WIFI hot spot. My IP changes every time I reboot it. I have had no issues with Paypal. I think the limitation is from your VPN. My recommendation is either get 24VC or a MIFI.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (05-03-2016), SaphirePawn (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I would definitely buy the new Stealth Guide. It looks WWAAYY better. Aspkin took a lot of time making it look awesome. If the VPN you use is just as expensive as 24VC, then I would just get 24VC. I think there are a lot of VPNs that are good or use to be good, but I do not think any would be better than 24VC. It is going to be hard to tell what exactly causes this because the security issues they are implementing are new. The rep telling you that you need to use the same IP address every time is a paypal lie. I never use the same IP address because I use a WIFI hot spot. My IP changes every time I reboot it. I have had no issues with Paypal. I think the limitation is from your VPN. My recommendation is either get 24VC or a MIFI.
It may have been the combination of different IPs and a different physical location that did me in. I had another account I was running a couple of years ago on ViperVPN and I never had an issue with the VPN service. I thought it would be fine to continue using ViperVPN with this new account but maybe I was incorrect. You live and you learn. The same IP thing may indeed be something they implemented recently or it could in fact just be a lie as you said. All I know is what I was told and I would certainly be happy if I could help anyone with information I was given.
Old 05-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

Yep nothing new here, you simply picked a bad vpn provider just because they're expensive doesn't make them any good for eBay Stealth usage. Same with them having good reviews online, doesn't make them any good for eBay Stealth purposes those "reviews" are worthless cause most people giving those reviews are using them for other purposes such as torrenting etc not for stealth accounts

You mentioned that everytime you logged in you were getting a new ip that means they were giving you SHARED ips, meaning all of their thousands of customers had access to the same ips you were using. So you were basically sharing those ips with thousands of other users who could be using the ips as well for ebay/paypal etc thus your stealth accounts were probably linked to hundreds of other accounts that were limited/suspended

So no big deal we all make mistakes, just make sure to learn from it and always go with a reliable provider & get a DEDICATED Fresh IP, and you'll be good to go in the future, and yes make sure to get the new Stealth Guide it went through a major update!

Last edited by 123; 05-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
SaphirePawn (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I would definitely buy the new Stealth Guide. It looks WWAAYY better. Aspkin took a lot of time making it look awesome. If the VPN you use is just as expensive as 24VC, then I would just get 24VC. I think there are a lot of VPNs that are good or use to be good, but I do not think any would be better than 24VC. It is going to be hard to tell what exactly causes this because the security issues they are implementing are new. The rep telling you that you need to use the same IP address every time is a paypal lie. I never use the same IP address because I use a WIFI hot spot. My IP changes every time I reboot it. I have had no issues with Paypal. I think the limitation is from your VPN. My recommendation is either get 24VC or a MIFI.
Oh and I almost forgot. I have been using a Verizon Hotspot, since I couldn't get internet at my house, and it always seems to have the same external IP address. Obviously I didn't want to link multiple accounts together with the same IP address that's why I was using ViperVPN for ebay again. I wanted to ask you if you wifi hotspot was giving you a different external IP each time or if it was just the internal that was changing.
Old 05-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Yep nothing new here, you simply picked a bad vpn provider just because they're expensive doesn't make them any good for ebay stealth usage. Same with them having good reviews online, doesn't make them any good for ebay stealth purposes those "reviews" are worthless cause most people giving those reviews are using them for other purposes such as torrenting etc not for stealth accounts

You mentioned that everytime you logged in you were getting a new ip that means they were giving you SHARED ips, meaning all of their thousands of customers had access to the same ips you were using. So you were basically sharing those ips with thousands of other users who could be using the ips as well for ebay/paypal etc thus your stealth accounts were probably linked to hundreds of other accounts that were limited/suspended

So no big deal we all make mistakes, just make sure to learn from it and always go with a reliable provider & get a DEDICATED Fresh IP, and you'll be good to go in the future, and yes make sure to get the new Stealth Guide it went through a major update!
That is an excellent point about the shared IP addresses. I had hoped that paypal wouldn't try to group banned accounts with legitimate accounts both using a similar VPN service but it looks like paypal doesn't care about that. If 24vc works then that is certainly the way I will be going. It's the same cost anyways so what is there to lose.
Old 05-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphirePawn View Post
That is an excellent point about the shared IP addresses. I had hoped that paypal wouldn't try to group banned accounts with legitimate accounts both using a similar VPN service but it looks like paypal doesn't care about that. If 24vc works then that is certainly the way I will be going. It's the same cost anyways so what is there to lose.
Yeah ip addresses is one of the easiest ways for them to link you, for example if an ip address has been used several times in the past for different accounts that are suspended or limited that's a huge red flag. Obviously it doesn't always equate to an instant ban cause then people using starbucks internet to login to their account would all get banned but its definitely a red flag and over time the more red flags you give ebay/paypal by logging in from multiple blacklisted ips, your account will get restricted / suspended.

Thus why getting a dedicated Fresh IP is extremely important, never use shared ips. If your interested in learning more about 24vc can see our thread below, explains a lot of how things work and what makes us different:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-ac...-provider.html
Old 05-03-2016

Longevity: 48%

ANY VPN MUST BE A Dedicated IP

you're not the first, surely won't be the last
Closed Thread