Shipping issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 03-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Shipping issues

I would like to ship about 500 items a week . Problem is it takes a really long time to ship.
The inventory numbers are found in the eBay listings , so I can keep track of what items to pull and ship. It currently takes 4 days minimum just to organize , and ship . Getting into problems with the DSR's because even though i offer mostly free ship , people are knocking me down saying its taking too long to reach them . Is there a Program that can help speed this up?

Currently I log into paypal . Click on the item paid for , then click the eBay link , then write down the inventory number and copy into excell sheet and organize , pull and then finally ship . Is there a Quicker way to do this . all of my items are different and i never get the same item twice ? Please help . I dont want to loose this ebay account... but people get pissed when it takes too long to reach them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 5%

Do you print shipping labels from Pa yP al or something else?
Old 03-22-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by reload69 View Post
I would like to ship about 500 items a week . Problem is it takes a really long time to ship.
The inventory numbers are found in the eBay listings , so I can keep track of what items to pull and ship. It currently takes 4 days minimum just to organize , and ship . Getting into problems with the DSR's because even though i offer mostly free ship , people are knocking me down saying its taking too long to reach them . Is there a Program that can help speed this up?

Currently I log into paypal . Click on the item paid for , then click the eBay link , then write down the inventory number and copy into excell sheet and organize , pull and then finally ship . Is there a Quicker way to do this . all of my items are different and i never get the same item twice ? Please help . I dont want to loose this ebay account... but people get pissed when it takes too long to reach them.
You can use paypals multi-order shipping, it comes with it's own inventory #.
Old 03-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Check our Shipworks for eBay.... It is FREE and fantastic
Old 03-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Default shipworks

Thank you for the reply . I am using endicia.com , to print the labels but the problem continues to be that i have to log into paypal click on the auction and then get the inventory number from the description of the listing ( because i dont put it in the title ) then write it down , and go back into paypal and repeat ,over and over ... It is frustrating and is taking a long time. Would shipworks help this out . I will check out the details on shipworks but wondering what others with unique (different) inventory items would do?
I never have 2 of the same items for sale so shipping is a pain .
Old 03-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Reading up on Shipworks... is this ok to use with stealth . on the link ShipWorks Shipping Software for Your Online Business it says " ShipWorks connects to your online account and downloads order and customer details " Would this for any reason red flag me . Is this ok to use with multiple accounts ?
Old 03-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Reading up on Shipworks... is this ok to use with stealth . on the link ShipWorks Shipping Software for Your Online Business it says " ShipWorks connects to your online account and downloads order and customer details " Would this for any reason red flag me . Is this ok to use with multiple accounts ?
Can ONLY be used on 1 account.
Yes through Shipworks its software uses a eBay Token.
Then it goes INTO your ebay account and pulls the information.
So if you are running more than 1 ebay account on the SAME MACHINE this could be a issue for you due to the IP address tracking & linking.

I run 1 account per machine per IP address.
So I do NOT run into any linking issues.
Old 03-22-2011

Quote:
Thank you for the reply . I am using endicia.com , to print the labels but the problem continues to be that i have to log into paypal click on the auction and then get the inventory number from the description of the listing ( because i dont put it in the title ) then write it down , and go back into paypal and repeat ,over and over ... It is frustrating and is taking a long time. Would shipworks help this out . I will check out the details on shipworks but wondering what others with unique (different) inventory items would do?
I never have 2 of the same items for sale so shipping is a pain .
Why do you need the ebay inventory # anyway? I've never needed it myself, with multiorder shipping you print all orders out at once, along with a seperate slip with a unique inventory # and you can do that on any paypal.
Old 03-23-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluntz View Post
Why do you need the ebay inventory # anyway? I've never needed it myself, with multiorder shipping you print all orders out at once, along with a seperate slip with a unique inventory # and you can do that on any paypal.
I think he is referring to his own Inventory # so he knows exactly what to ship. At-least thats how I was reading it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mycrowman For This Useful Post:
reload69 (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011

If that's the case, it shows you what item they ordered in paypal multi-order shipping so no need to click on any external links to see what to ship unless it's the same item but different color and you forgot to include color in title then you would have to click on the listing.
Old 03-23-2011

lol i wish I knew what the hell you guys were talking about...
Old 03-23-2011

why wont he just write down the address and names of the people and then put the sticker on the box and ship em out?
Old 03-23-2011

I usually just write the first name and first letter of last name on the package, paypal muti-order shipping already shows the items purchased all on the same page, so no need to click on each and every transaction to find what to ship.
Old 03-23-2011
Threadstarter  

I am sorry I am really confused .

I will explain how I do it now , and maybe you can let me know if paypal multi order ship is something i can use . I am stuck in the stone ages so please don't laugh . I have never heard of paypal multi order ship or shipworks prior to this thread .

Lets say its Monday

400 sold items .
All different brands , all different styles all different pieces 400 unique items .
sold to 400 differernt people

My only way to know what item they bought is click on the eBay listing , in the listing I have a note with My own inventory number in the auction listing So i know what to ship
The listing looks something like this
"
YOU are bidding on Carrots 5 in a bunch , orange .
Inv. # Daisy 77
shipping cost $3.95 per bunch
payment required with in 7 days of auction end

"

My inventory Numbers are
( for example Daisy 1
daisy 2
daisy 3
daisy 4
daisy 5 .... etc)

Now not all the daisy inventory #'s 1- 10000 sold . But lets say 400 of them did , each daisy number is correlated to a item in our filed inventory system .

Currently I :
I need to currently click on the paypal payment
then Click on the eBay name
then scroll down the ebay page of my description to locate the Inventory DAISY #

Then i write that down , pull and organize the daisy# inventory pieces to ship in the order they were paid. Print / ship

This will take me 4 days ( to ship about 400 items)

I am getting knocked down on the SHIP time big time !!! Even thought my listings say processing time 4 days .

How can I speed up the shipping process . If anyone out there has a similar inventory system or an idea on how to streamline the shipping process to get the inventory #'s quicker or in a ship log ? I Would love to hear from you !!!

I am getting my Butt kicked by buyers for shipping 4 days after the payment ..

thank you in advance everyone above has offered great suggestions I am just confused on how to integrate with my current system ...

Last edited by reload69; 03-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2011

Like I said above, with multi-order shipping it shows the product purchased next to the name and address all on the same page and then you print all orders with 1 click.
Old 03-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrowman View Post
I think he is referring to his own Inventory # so he knows exactly what to ship. At-least thats how I was reading it.
yes it is my own inventory number.
Old 03-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Would using this Paypal multiorder function call any attention to me ? It says " import from ebay " ... Trying to stay under the radar here

thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2011

Quote:
Would using this Paypal multiorder function call any attention to me ? It says " import from ebay " ... Trying to stay under the radar here

thanks in advance
Yes it imports your orders from ebay, I use on all my paypals.
Old 03-23-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok i am reviewing Paypal Multi Order function thank you for the recommendation . I see that you can Print out customer name / and their user id but I use endicia for shipping so this does not seem to be the problem . What i am trying to get is my (own) inventory number from paypal or If this is not possible a list of ebay item numbers , to ship ? this may make it a bit easier .. thanks again in advance.