Is it safe to use turbo lister with separate windows accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > EBay Tools and Software

EBay Tools and Software General discussions on eBay tools & software, Auctiva, Turbo Lister, InkFrog, ShipStation and more.

Old 11-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Is it safe to use turbo lister with separate windows accounts?

I prefer using turbo lister then auctiva for my purposes. I have several accounts and installed turbo lister on each one of them separately (selecting Only Me during installation). The installation seem to be independent of each other. Can ebay use turbo lister to link these accounts? Of course, I follow all other procedures to avoid linking (change ip,name, etc.)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2008
Threadstarter  

I understand it is not recommended, however I am trying to find a way to have seperate isntallations of Turbo Lister on different usernames and I cant seem to figure out how to get it to work. I select the "only for me" option when first installing and put it in a different folder for each one, however they are still linked together. Any input?
Old 11-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

You're probably not going to find anyone here that can help you with your Turbo Lister problems because 99.9% of the people here don't use it anymore for the obvious reasons.

Sorry to say...If you want to continue using it, you will have to work out the issues on your own. GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-24-2009

Longevity: 88%

You can use TL again to run ONE account, after erasing all TL data belonging to a suspended account. Even then, I would rather reinstall windows, since erasing all TL files does not get rid of its registry entries, and TL is known to add some registry data at the global level (available to all users) even when installed locally (available for one user).

Noone here suggests you can use TL simultaneously with multiple accounts and KEEP the accounts from contaminating each other.

The only safe thing I have done was to have 2 complete installations of Windows, on 2 different hard disks, and select in the BIOS screen which hard disk to boot from. Then , when 1 HD boots as drive "C" the other becomes drive "D" and vice versa. If your motherboard has native SATA support, then you could boot from up to 6 separate hard disks.

use XXCLONE XXCLONE, A New Way of Cloning the Windows System Disk (freeware) to clone a virgin windows installation from one HD to another, including the boot sector. Virgin means BEFORE ANY turbo lister installations.

Just remember that TL is SPYWARE as far as eBay/Paypal identity data is concerned. As with any virus or malware, you have to keep it in a SANDBOX, to contain its activity. that means keeping it on separate drives.

Last edited by sick-bay; 02-24-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2012

I will be listing items at a coffee shop to ensure a separate IP address. I will be using a Windows 7 Virtual Machine as my OS running ontop of Mac OS X. The user account on Windows was made specifically for this. I have a script that changes my MAC address on my Macbook Pro automatically each time the computer turns on.

My question is this. Since I have to go to a coffee shop to get onto the Internet, I would prefer to use eBay Turbo Lister if possible to list all the items. That way, I can list and prepare the ~400 items I have to list at home, so that I don't need to sit at the coffee shop for many hours as I am setting it all up.

Would my true identity be compromised whatsoever if I use eBay Turbo Lister for this? I've heard people recommending not to use ETL, but I don't see how my true identity could possibly be compromised in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your insight.
Old 12-02-2012

Longevity: 75%

Boy, not much help at all on the Turbo Lister thingy...eh?

Anyway, have you ever accessed a suspended account within this virtual machine? If so, then it has "residue" in the windows registry, and TL may see the old account.

If your virtual machine is virgin, then you're fully clean, and simply running TL on one account, which is...and always has been...fine.

You could prepare your 400+ items at home, using Auctiva, and you could even post them from home thru Auctiva, too. No need to even alter your IP address when using Auctiva for posting.
Old 05-18-2016

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Is it safe to use turbo lister with separate windows accounts?

Sorry to resurrect this post from the dead!
But I can't seem to find an answer and this thread was the closest to it.

So, it is OK to run turbo lister for one Ebay account right, not for multiple accounts? As long as I keep everything else stealth?
Old 05-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0shadowkick View Post
Sorry to resurrect this post from the dead!
But I can't seem to find an answer and this thread was the closest to it.

So, it is OK to run turbo Lister for one E bay account right, not for multiple accounts? As long as I keep everything else stealth?
OK here is the deal with some of my setup. After tinkering a great deal with TL and user accounts i found that the TL files WILL cross over user accounts, i haven't figured out how yet but there it is. now i do find it convenient to use TL at times, i guess its just something i got used to before getting limited. i have and do use it on a computer that i have swap-able hard drives in, in other words, the entire user-PP and all live on that swap-able drive, shut down, change drives, new user. i just do not feel comfortable at all putting TL on one computer with different user accounts, even if i only have it installed on one user account. There is bleed over from user account to user account as far as TL is concerned, so better safe then sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to davids01 For This Useful Post:
n0shadowkick (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016

Longevity: 46%

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, same, its just that I've just gotten used to using it for listing items in volume.

So, I guess the safest method is to delete turbo lister from my computer since I only have this one computer to run multiple accounts (1 X hard drive, 1 X OS, but multiple static IPs and windows users).

Do I need to reformat my computer though? I really don't want to have to do that....
But since Turbo lister saves onto a computer registry, that would be the only way to guarantee true stealth?

Had I have known this beforehand, I wouldn't have installed turbo lister to start with! But I only have this one computer with limited amount of funds that have been set aside at its cap.
Old 05-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Personally, yes i would format and start with a clean install. Just call me overly cautious if you will but i wouldn't put this laptop i am on now onto a eBay Stealth account because i DID have my original eBay TL on it. I dont want to format and start all over with my Panasonic TB so i just use it for anything else i need. Good luck to you.
Old 05-18-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Since you guys love the feature, have you tried using it on an ebay account, contained within a virtual machine (such as VMware)?

I would suppose that would prevent it from linking to other accounts, so long as you have only ONE user account/ebay account running inside each VM.
Old 05-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Nope, haven't tried that yet.
Old 05-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I'd imagine with VMware and changing the MAC address, you could, I know for sure installed software does look at your MAC address. But, at this point, why bother, try using auctiva or ink frog instead.
Old 05-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

TurboLosser is a pest.

Also nearly impossible to remove from your system.

Try to avoid even using it.

I found this out way back in 2007.... Linked accounts as described above.