How to change IP address if you have a ROUTER and a CABLE MODEM - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 06-18-2010
Vicvelcro

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

Also, it is the modem and/or the router which need reboot. Not the PC.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 06-18-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: named wrong device. now corrected.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
sia (06-19-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2010

Longevity: 80%

hi, new here I was wondering, does ebay see the advanced details you can see in your ipchicken report? mine is very similar everytime, or do they just see the 11 digit i.p address?

Plus as a bonus question, is there any way to get an ip address from a different city? Or am i limited to just using ones for my 30 mile area? due to my cable provider having a city identity in the advanced details?
Old 06-19-2010
Vicvelcro

eBay *can* see advanced connection info, but it seems they don't bother looking. I suspect that most of them would go slack-jawed and start drooling due to mental overload if they saw all the info that is easily available to them. So, for now, just worry about your IP and keep your logins separate so cookies don't mix.

If your ISP has the UBR locked to a small radius, then you are limited to locations within that radius. If your ISP does traffic shaping and grid-routing, you can sometimes get an IP long distances away. You can't jump distance at will. It's random luck, if it happens. Keep trying on your slow days when there's not much happening. It might work out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Doubles (06-20-2010)
Old 06-24-2010

Longevity: 90%
Smile UK eBayers on Virginmedia Cable - This Works!

Hi Folks!

Thanks for this brilliant guide, I had hit a brick wall with setting up my stealth accounts regarding the IP address of my cable modem and wifi router. I use Virginmedia Broadband via an Ambit cable modem and Netgear router I just couldnt get the IP to change despite trying all the stuff like resetting the modem, turning it off overnight etc. I followed the instructions in the first post in this thread and after a couple of attempts it has worked!

If you are also in the UK and have been having problems with your IP address not changing I strongly recommend you follow this guide. Note, I had a few problems where when I changed the MAC address of the router it was not returning any IP address and alarmingly I could not get back online. Fortunately I had saved the details of the original MAC address of the router and when I changed the MAC address back to the original one I got my connection back - albeit with the same pesky IP address. So make sure you write down the details of the existing MAC address in case your tinkering doesnt work and you need to get back online. Also following the steps where you turn off your modem and turn it back on while the router is renewing the details seems to be very important as is releasing and renewing the IP address from your router. I am enormously pleased I have got this to work for me as I was about to attempt to go ahead and use my precious new 'stealth' bank account details / phone number etc to open my new eBay and Paypal accounts with my existing IP address and hope for the best but this could have led to my new accounts been linked to my old one as has happened to so many people in the past. So if you have had this problem then persevere and with a bit of effort and patience you will succeed!

Many thanks!

Johnny
Old 06-25-2010

worked for me
Old 06-25-2010
Vicvelcro

A couple of quick notes that you may find useful in the future.

If you change router MAC but do not get an IP address from your modem, simply release and then renew or refresh the DHCP within the router or power off the router and the modem - then power up the modem then power up the router 15 seconds after powering up the modem.

No need to write down the original MAC address of the router. It will be on a sticker at the rear or on the bottom of the unit. In case you forget or lose the paper you write it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi Folks!

Thanks for this brilliant guide, I had hit a brick wall with setting up my stealth accounts regarding the IP address of my cable modem and wifi router. I use Virginmedia Broadband via an Ambit cable modem and Netgear router I just couldnt get the IP to change despite trying all the stuff like resetting the modem, turning it off overnight etc. I followed the instructions in the first post in this thread and after a couple of attempts it has worked!

If you are also in the UK and have been having problems with your IP address not changing I strongly recommend you follow this guide. Note, I had a few problems where when I changed the MAC address of the router it was not returning any IP address and alarmingly I could not get back online. Fortunately I had saved the details of the original MAC address of the router and when I changed the MAC address back to the original one I got my connection back - albeit with the same pesky IP address. So make sure you write down the details of the existing MAC address in case your tinkering doesnt work and you need to get back online. Also following the steps where you turn off your modem and turn it back on while the router is renewing the details seems to be very important as is releasing and renewing the IP address from your router. I am enormously pleased I have got this to work for me as I was about to attempt to go ahead and use my precious new 'stealth' bank account details / phone number etc to open my new eBay and Paypal accounts with my existing IP address and hope for the best but this could have led to my new accounts been linked to my old one as has happened to so many people in the past. So if you have had this problem then persevere and with a bit of effort and patience you will succeed!

Many thanks!

Johnny
Old 06-27-2010

I have read that bots can pick up your ip range ... this implies that all your accounts will get down sooner or later ?
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 91%

sorry for asking a noob question, my router show a different ip from my internet ip.
which one does ebay and paypal look at when i login, i am afraid i might trigger limitation from paypal like 3rd party access ban.
Old 06-30-2010
Vicvelcro

"IP range" ?!?! That could be as many as 16,581,375 possible addresses - depending on how the bots process the scan and how wide the range is that they are parsing.

No, they don't normally sniff an entire range. The only exception I know of applies to AOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razvan4NBA View Post
I have read that bots can pick up your ip range ... this implies that all your accounts will get down sooner or later ?
Old 06-30-2010
Vicvelcro

eBay and Paypal look at the internet IP. They can not see past your router by direct methods.

Just use IP Burger or IP Chicken when checking your own IP address. The IP address shown by those sites is the IP address that is relevant to your concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouichi View Post
sorry for asking a noob question, my router show a different ip from my internet ip.
which one does ebay and paypal look at when i login, i am afraid i might trigger limitation from paypal like 3rd party access ban.
Old 06-30-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to imhim

what is wrong with using hide my ip for different ebay accounts...?

seems to be working up till now for me...
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
eBay and Paypal look at the internet IP. They can not see past your router by direct methods.

Just use IP Burger or IP Chicken when checking your own IP address. The IP address shown by those sites is the IP address that is relevant to your concern.
thanks for the info
Old 06-30-2010
Vicvelcro

Oh, brother...

Search the forum for information about proxies and why they are DOOM!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhim View Post
what is wrong with using hide my ip for different ebay accounts...?

seems to be working up till now for me...
Old 07-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

what if i dont know the password and i have no manual.

what if its been changed and i dont know the new password?
Old 07-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Im having some trouble with this, I have followed each step but whenever i change the MAC address i can connect to the internet.

Any idea Why??? Please help
Old 07-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
Im having some trouble with this, I have followed each step but whenever i change the MAC address i can connect to the internet.

Any idea Why??? Please help
You can or Can't connect to the Internet? I wanna Help you but I do not understand what is Going on.
Old 07-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Sorry, I cant connect.

I have a signal but when i go to open a web page i get the "web page is not available" screen.
Old 07-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Can i get some help with this? its the only thing holding me back from getting another account going.
Old 07-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

So noone can help me with this?
Old 08-25-2010
Vicvelcro

Did you get it corrected?

If not, try 'repairing' your adapter. Also, you might want to close your browser and then open a command prompt -
execute the following:
ipconfig /flushdns
Then close command prompt, reopen your browser, and try loading a page.
Old 11-17-2010

Longevity: 85%
Default Changing IP Address

I'm on Cox communications in Vegas. I have been trying to change my IP address for a week now. I am on modem>router?PC setup.
I simply disconnected the coaxial cable, disconnected the power cord and took out the backup battery and came back after 24 hours. Nothing. I did this 4 different times and the IP address was still exactly the same.

I have tried to change it by following the direction on this site and I am unable to change the MAC address. If I change the MAC address, the router can not get a new working IP address. It's possible I am doing this part incorrectly but I am wondering how this would change the IP address. No matter what I do with my hardware - PC, router, modem, MAC address, etc - isn't it ultimately up to my ISP's pool of IP addresses that assigns my IP address? How can what I do (such as changing the MAC address, etc as suggested here) within my house affect the IP address that my ISP assigns me? Isn't that totally random and I have zero control over it?
Old 11-17-2010

Longevity: 85%

Whenever I change the MAC address, my internet goes down. I am unable to get a functioning new IP address when I change my MAC address. I change the MAC address (by changing the last 4 digits), hit SAVE...then nothing happens. My IP address goes blank and I can not get my internet to connect. I also turned off the router and modem at the same time and it still does not work. My ISp has told me that whatever I do, the IP address can not be changed unless they deem it necessary to change and that is a totally random process. Are they wrong?