Using a cellular connection card to create accounts? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 12-07-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Verizon has had the mifi out for years. They just sell it with the ipad to give it internet access.

Don't think because it is possible to add 5 wifi devices to that mifi that it can handle the bandwidth... you're still restricted to the verizon network.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-07-2010

Longevity: 83%

I like Virgin's 4G pre-paid mobile service and now android phone which can be reg. online to be completely stealth. My only thought about tethering and using connection cards is that your ip's can be traced. You cannot really open a contract with Major providers with stealth infos.
Old 12-07-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Not to keep up our arguing Newtools, although I consider it discussing.... It really can't be traced... it's not like a typical broadband service. I know how the CDMA technology works, and the way it spits out a new ip address with CDMA service, it would be impossible for a cellular company to know who is logged in one what ip at what time. The only thing they keep track of is the amount of data sent and received, and whether or not you're roaming. If you're worried about, sure go with prepaid. You can use almost all devices with Verizon on prepaid if you have your own equipment or pay full retail.
Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 80%

why is pdanet is so slow
Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Not to keep up our arguing Newtools, although I consider it discussing.... It really can't be traced... it's not like a typical broadband service. I know how the CDMA technology works, and the way it spits out a new ip address with CDMA service, it would be impossible for a cellular company to know who is logged in one what ip at what time. The only thing they keep track of is the amount of data sent and received, and whether or not you're roaming. If you're worried about, sure go with prepaid. You can use almost all devices with Verizon on prepaid if you have your own equipment or pay full retail.
So are saying a tethered verizon blackberry (non-prepaid) is untraceable?
Old 12-12-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe1972 View Post
why is pdanet is so slow
pda net is just a program that allows your Android phone to be used as a modem. The question really should be... why is your network and or phone so slow?

Also, you need to have realistic expectations when using your phone as a modem. After all, it is a phone.....
Old 12-12-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuntz View Post
So are saying a tethered verizon blackberry (non-prepaid) is untraceable?
I'm saying for the purposes of stealth, it won't matter if it's prepaid or postpaid.

Now don't get me wrong... I'm not naive enough to think it's untraceable. Can Verizon trace you? Well.... go to whatismyipaddress.com, and geo locate yourself when using Verizon. Most of the time you'll end up in Kansas, no matter where you are in the USA.

The transfer of info goes something like... device>tower>lan connection>node>switch>server>somewhere else blah blah....

In the 1970s, the CIA picked up a druglord by circling around his town, listening for his voice on a cell phone, waited days... picked up his voice, sent a team to raid his apartment, found him.... blah blah

Now that was 40 some years ago. I'm not naive enough to say you can't be traced.... But what if we're on a family plan, and I'm using my blackberry tether for something of questionable legality, but it's in your name? There are limits to what a blackberry can do as a tether, just like a usb air card, mifi, or whatever. If you're worried about the authorities jbuntz... which I'm sure is what you're getting at.... I don't think it will make a bit of difference. They'll follow the money.
Old 12-12-2010

Longevity: 84%

If I was worried about authorities I wouldn't be using a verizon phone or bank, just wanted to better understand what you were saying, I got it now, thanks.
Old 12-12-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

The technology is the same between prepaid and postpaid, the only difference is for how the service is paid. With a post paid plan the name on the bill doesn't denote who is using the equipment, for example. Prepaid can often be purchased with foo foo info, sure. Just as an example, I have 12 (I think...) air cards that are being used under a business name with verizon wireless. They are used by me and my associates.
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 86%

I just want to update this thread to inform people i have used both prepaid and postpaid and they both work.. For me the purpose is to use multiple accounts selling similar items..

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post

In the 1970s, the CIA picked up a druglord by circling around his town, listening for his voice on a cell phone, waited days... picked up his voice, sent a team to raid his apartment, found him.... blah blah
Try 1993, his name was Pablo Escobar.

Just for the record for anyone wondering...YES. Your ip can be traced back to the account holder. (who would be held liable) It is timestamped. So if you are going to need a truly stealth option prepaid is the best option.
Old 09-20-2012

Longevity: 67%

So I use an android tablet that has its own cellular service, so every time I disconnect and reconnect I get a new IP. I use firefox on it and not the eb and pp apps. The thing is I used this tablet with my original account that got suspended. So if I create new accounts or use other accounts on this tablet changing the ip and clearing the cookies everytime I log, is there any way these new accounts can be linked to my old suspended one?
Old 10-05-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by humida View Post
So I use an android tablet that has its own cellular service, so every time I disconnect and reconnect I get a new IP. I use firefox on it and not the eb and pp apps. The thing is I used this tablet with my original account that got suspended. So if I create new accounts or use other accounts on this tablet changing the ip and clearing the cookies everytime I log, is there any way these new accounts can be linked to my old suspended one?
own cellular service? like what
Old 10-10-2012

Longevity: 67%

It runs on sprint 3g/4g