Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE? - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 11-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex068 View Post
Hello everyone i have a question and i really need help i forward a paypal email from my TOP rated seller to a another email and looked at it on a BANED comp and l clicked on the link am i F**ked!!!?

You should be Ok,,,
alex068 (11-26-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2012

Longevity: 66%

For those of you that do not believe Ebay can REMEMBER, (as they say, LIke an ELEPHANT)--
let me tell you a story.
I have many accts set up on a laptop, others on desk tops in my office.
I got indefinitely banned from selling today.
This was a fairly good acct, 100/$5k. All setup. pictures different, its own cell line, everything.
I make notes even when buyers ask "weird" questions.
Years ago, probably in 2007, I had a special product made.
Ive lost 2 other accts over the years, tracking back to this one-of-a-kind product.
.. Well, I guess since I'm never gonna sell it on ebay again, I can tell you all.
I had a special "POWER SELLER" tape produced. It was heavy grade, 1.78x36yds,
and the entire roll, in red,white,blue, says "POWER SELLER THANKS YOU".
It was made to show customers I cared, and to impress clients.
Well, seems every time its listed, it sells, and sells like hot cakes, but no more.
Ebays email says they banned me with "evidence in their records"..after gathering all notes, thinking about a possible linkage, and bingo--it came to me, the dreaded
PS Tape.
So, the reason for this post it to again alert folks that ebays computers are running strong, and that even when you least expect it--you are gone!
So, long story short, I did what I KNEW was wrong in my gut.
The acct by the way, had excellent fb, a straight 5.0,all the way.
items were shipped same day as purchase, account even id verified.
So, once again, IM back here, on Aspkins neck of the woods, to share, and learn more, And, to remind myself of the subtle clues, and what to stay on guard for.
Good Luck to all!
Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 65%

I know this is in reply to older posts from page 1, but here's some info on cookies.

Cookies can only be opened by the same application that it was saved in. Notice I said Application, not just Web Browser. This means, IE, FireFox, Safari, Outlook, Thunderbird, Mail.app, etc all store cookies.

With all cookies cleared, if you open a link in Outlook that takes you to ebay.com messages, you now created two cookies.
Old 01-17-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpayton View Post
Very interesting.

I've followed the guide without error and still got busted. The only thing that I did that could have linked me in any way was read old emails from the old suspended account and kept using PayPal.

I'm wanting to hope that the PayPal theory of it not being connected with EBay is correct - as many people have kept their new accounts using the same PayPal accounts. I'm hoping that what got me suspended was reading those old emails because of this "beakon" theory. It makes sense and had me asking if "emails" could track you.

So thanks! I've not been reading old emails from my new IP address and so far no problems - so we'll see.

Take care

well, At the end of the day paypal and ebay are the same company.
I wouldnt understand if ebay was putting so much hard work in detecting people who were banned and not using paypal name database to even check better.A few line of php code will do the job(of course view the amount of data, a ramdom check could be easier)
but I am not sure...but seems logical...
I know i would do it..
Old 01-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by club1010 View Post
Okay, the issue is ebayaintstupid is right about the whole beacon issue and aspkin is also right about tracking scripts embedded in source codes used for writing web pages. Okay now the REAL issue is how do we stop this madness?

Answers are:

1. Stick to one web browser per account is you have multiple account.
2. Make sure you tell websites you DON'T want to be tracked by clicking on "Tools", "options", and the "Privacy" in Mozilla Firefox and clicking the inside the little box which says "Tell Browsers I don't want to be tracked"
3. Click on "tools" and click on "Start in Private Browsing" to prevent sniffers (Ebay/Paypal) from inserting java script into your system in other to sniff your computer.

This will not work because Ebay is suspicious of those who don't let them track them, so this will either lead to an unexplained ban or an account that never has its limits increased.

The best advice is to follow the rules of stealth very strictly. Only ever access anything connected to each stealth account under its dedicated user account and be very cautious of IP address changing.

It is best to hide in plain sight with ebay and let them believe that you are model Ebayer with nothing to hide. The key to the game of longetivity with stealth is trust between ebay and your account.
Old 02-21-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
Please do not post the same post in different threads. One is enough. I responded to one of them
hi
sorry i thought id pass it abut so it gets read
Old 02-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Auctiva is a different topic from this.

the reverse happens when the same old same old is posted, users do not feel like replying.
Old 05-21-2014

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 70%
Default Re: Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I use Gmail Manager for all my email accounts:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...gmail-manager/

I have images disabled on all accounts and I NEVER click on a link in an email. If I have to respond to someone, I do it directly over email to their email address, or use eBay messages.

Very good information I use outlookexpress and iphone mail app, I disable all pictures been long time doing that but sometime I do reply important email direct from the mail app or outlook, "Click reply" when image disable is this safe? if not why?

When I download eBay message from multiple account with iphone mail app or outlookexpress with image disable is this safe too? with same IP adress download? will eBay notice the same ip even if the image is disabled?
Old 05-27-2014

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Can eBay link your account by just opening an email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss99 View Post
Question: Lets say I log into my email to check up on any emails I may have received from my stealth email address
1. If I click on one of those "Message from eBay Member" emails (just click on it to read it. Nothing else), can that get me linked?

2. If I click on one of those emails and reply to it (reply directly, NOT replying through eBay), can that get me linked?

Just wondering if eBay can grab your IP address by opening up one of the emails that's sent through the eBay system

Thanks
Hi,

Did someone answer this question? as I have the same inquiry as well...

Thanks/
Old 05-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Tracking through emails / Web beacons / TOKENS / index.dat files? WHAT ELSE?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------@Flow

It is ok for you to VIEW but NOT Anwser those Emails,,,ONLY if your "Show Images in Email" is DISABLED---if you Download Images from Ebay you WILL be Linked
Old 10-28-2020

Longevity: 51%

Sorry for resurrecting a really old thread, but I couldn’t find anything more recent. My eBay account was banned years ago and I just moved which has provided me with an opportunity to open a new stealth eBay account.

I have a question about email tracking. I use my iPhone for emails and I received an email from eBay in regards to something I purchased recently on my banned account. This was done at my old address using my old ISP. I was on WiFi at the time at my new house and accidentally opened this email on my phone, but did not click any links. The OP of this thread notated in 2008 or so that eBay cannot link you by opening emails. Is that still true or will my new IP now be linked to my banned account from viewing the email with images in iOS?