Having problems with my IP change - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 03-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Having problems with my IP change

Hi

I have tried everything, and been searching for the forums for answers.

I have an netgear router, and I use comcast broadband.

I can't seem to make my IP address to change, can some please help me.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2008
Threadstarter  

If I get another brand of router, will it change the IP?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Have you spoken to the techs: if your IP is static, it does not change. See what
they say. If the IP is dynamic, it changes & you should not have a problem.
There are other alternatives.
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

Eddie.. I am in NO way a Tech person.. But heres what may help you--
--I also have comcast cable in part of my home..
--I also have Verizon dsl--and their modems are easy to buy for $39...
--Comcast will let you walk in to their cust svc ctr--and exchange the modem.. (not for an ip change, but if its acting up....
--then, walmart has a $49 router, by linksys called the wrt54g.. small investment, and a very quick fix..
Hope this helps..
Good luck
Old 03-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Eddie.. I am in NO way a Tech person.. But heres what may help you--
--I also have comcast cable in part of my home..
--I also have Verizon dsl--and their modems are easy to buy for $39...
--Comcast will let you walk in to their cust svc ctr--and exchange the modem.. (not for an ip change, but if its acting up....
--then, walmart has a $49 router, by linksys called the wrt54g.. small investment, and a very quick fix..
Hope this helps..
Good luck
So basically if I go change out my modem with comcast it will change the IP address also?

I think I can change the modem without any problems

About the router, I have one right now, do I need a new one for the new modem?

Thank you for the inputs
Old 03-29-2008

Default dsl verizon question + d link router

iam having difficulty changing my ip address, i have dsl verizon + a d link router, i have turned off the modem and turned it back on with no sucesss, as i have read earlier forums that said it should work any suggestions?

is getting a linksys router a better idea and how much?
Old 03-29-2008

Have a linksys wireless router & a router is a router; a bit tougher to change IP addresses when using. Haven't found a solution myself. The whole mac, gateway, clone thing has kept me up too many hours to count.

Direct answer to your question is No...changing routers has nothing to do w/ease of changing ips.
Old 03-29-2008

I have a Stitic ip with my cable and was never able to change it till i went into my linksys router basic setting then looked under mac address and theres a option that says clone the MAC address! Which the MAC address looks like this
00:AF:09:0B:4C so as long as you use #'s 1-9 and letters A-F you can put what ever you want as the mac address just dont change the fist set of #'s which is 00: on mine but as for rest u could put AB:CD:01:4A or 1C:03:98:DB and so on. So u change the MAC first then save settings then unplug the power to the modem and router then wait 1 min hook up your modem then hook up the router then whola u got a new ip address

Only thing thats bad is the ip is still in the same city and can still be tracked by big bother to your house :( If there was only a way to make the ips location show up in other states that would be sweet
Old 03-29-2008

The problem I am having is when I disconnect the router my son's pc (access point w/wireless adapter) takes so long to get back on our network that I can't deal w/the time & stress. If I have a few eb accounts & everytime I want to sign-on to each of them, I have to go through a 20 - 30 minute battle w/my network. Looking into programs that will automate for me. Suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-29-2008

Very odd cause mine only takes a few mins to get back on after i d/c my router and modem

what u could do is get a new ip and use it for one account and use the aol 9.0vr for one account that there will give u 2 ids to use on ebay like with me im useing 2 ids on aol to make sure i get the same ips every time i log on aol i do ipchicken and i have a 3rd id useing dial up so all in all i have 3 ebay ids with 3 ip's
Old 03-29-2008

HI Guys,,, Mr. Josh made a very good post in regards to having a cable modem, changing ip--Heres the link..

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...p-address.html
Old 03-29-2008

Have read through that, copied it, printed it and I still have problems. If I have more than 2 accounts, I can't possibly go through all of that, unplug, replug, reset and get my network together x-times per day...I will lose my mind. There must be a better way.
Old 03-29-2008

TD.. IM with you!!! Thats why "I feel" my tiem is worth more than me spending hours figuring out mac address, etc..
>> Heres what I did "for me"--again, not endorsed by this forum, but I found something that saves me "time"

1.) I bought several wrt54g routers at walmart, fro $49 each.
2.) I bought several $39 verizon dsl modems from verizon
3.) Now-- Lets say i have 3 of each - to make this simple-- (I have 6 of each myself now)--

OK...
I take Router #1---pair it with Modem, # 3--I get xxxx ip address

The, I could take Router #2--pair it with Modem #1--I get xxxxoooo ip address

If any accts are suspended...

I simply--take--say Router # 2-pair it with modem # 3--then i get xxxxooooxxx ip address

---U get it??

Yes, it costs me a couple hundred up front--but i can switch them out/back and forth in minutes...

Hope this helps.. )
Old 03-30-2008

LOL!! I have this image of a line-up of modems w/routers attached & little post-it notes w/account info. that each is associated with. Yes, I suppose you could just buy a bunch of modems w/new routers for each account but honestly, just had to replace a burned-out router a few weeks ago & when all was said & done...$200+ later for wireless w/a bunch of adapters. Ouch!! Just not in a financial position to do that right now. Have been using a software program on trial basis & did successfully create an account, listed items, sold items, etc. Was prompted for cc for registration w/EB but that was no problem. Within a week or so will make decision whether it is worth $$ for registered version. Wish there was another way but I can't seem to find it.
Old 05-29-2011

Longevity: 75%

My Cable Modem Company aren't fools,because doing something like changing IP addresses can get your service cancelled and three years I was almost from my service for doing some stupid BS on the internet,and that's why I'm considering going to another internet service such as aol to sell on ebay in stealth without the ISP getting wise.
Old 05-29-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ Old thread.

Changing IP address with a dynamic ISP is as simple as laughing at a fat dog. No need for flashy flashy sometimes. Stop using Static IP and start using a dynamic IP that changes when the router/modem is restarted.

That is a simple solution to a changing IP. It really is so simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-29-2012)
Old 08-27-2011

Longevity: 79%
Default Back to square one with IP issues...

I apologize in advance as this thread is quite old, but I cannot fo rthe life of me find a way to create a new thread.

I have a huge problem, and would appreicate any help offered like you wouldn't believe... I have a few eBay account running smoothly for about a year now. I have a Netgear router that I was using to change my MAC address, and thus change my IP address without a problem for all this time.

Yesterday, my ISP upgraded my internet service, and they installed a new Cicso DPC3825 modem/router, and now I'm screwed. My Netgear router no longer affects my internet IP. And the internet IP will not change from the one given by the new modem/router. I tried for 7 hours straight last night, have searched the forums as well as google, to no avail. I'm losing my mind... I have emails I need to respond to, packages that need to be sent, and I cant log into any of my accounts.

Anyone? Please and thank you.
Old 08-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 73%

i know how irritating this problem can be from my own experience...

i have a dsl wireless modem/router with a dynamic ip...

after many frustrating hours of trying everything i had ever seen posted in this forum and it still not working on my configuration i had closed in on the time-frame it took (2 hours) to reset itself by powering down and waiting.

i'm not sure about you, but if i have to wait 2 hours between ips and changing accounts it is going to be a very long and trying day to say the least. so i was still trying to figure it out and logged into the configuration of the modem/router. i found the section on "network connections" and all i had to do was release, wait a minute, and renew the connection to reset the ip.

i would suggest first confirming that when your isp did the change over that you in fact do have a dynamic ip. then "google" your modem/router (there's plenty info out there on this type, cause i checked before responding) and learn how to access it and make the change to reset the ip.

whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP!!!...as much as a pain this can be, it can be done and it will make your world a better place for having worked through this issue...

hope this helps...peace