Can eBay track your emails? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 09-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Can eBay track your emails?

Hello there guys I just had a quick question to ask about email tracking. I wish to buy a few components to finish off building my computer but I wish to bid on these items. If I happen to win obviously I don't want the seller to send the item to my stealth address as I cannot gain access to it. Will I be able to enclose my real address (Will obviously has been banned) in an email to the seller? Will it cause any issues with my account?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

It would be smart to ask the seller before you bid. If they are ok with shipping to another address you can take care of the discussions offline.
Old 09-02-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida_Era View Post
Hello there guys I just had a quick question to ask about email tracking. I wish to buy a few components to finish off building my computer but I wish to bid on these items. If I happen to win obviously I don't want the seller to send the item to my stealth address as I cannot gain access to it. Will I be able to enclose my real address (Will obviously has been banned) in an email to the seller? Will it cause any issues with my account?

Thanks.
Definitely make sure before you bid. Say that you'll even leave positive feedback right after the auction ends. Maybe even go as far as saying that your house burnt down last week and you're living at this "other place" which you want him to ship to. Haha just an idea..maybe that's going too far and isn't very original & might sound suspicious. Just go with offering him to leave feedback right after the auction ends, along with him agreeing to ship to your specified address. If you have low feedback it may look suspicious and he could say no.

Last edited by mcmx; 09-02-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Yeah I guess i'll try speaking to him offline just like my other sellers. Is there anyway I can get his/her email address automatically or will I need to ask for it?

Lol nice suggestion mcmxcivjm but if my house was burnt down I don't think i'd be buying PC parts
Old 09-02-2012

Longevity: 75%

You cannot get his email address but you can send him a message saying

"Hi, I want to buy your skirting board ladder on Ebay but I need to clarify something with you. Can you email me direct on nobbyknobrot (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Thanks a lot

Felicity Drenchgusset"

Use an email address that is not associated with any Ebay accounts

If he wants the business he will do it. If not nothing lost

Old 09-02-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida_Era View Post
Yeah I guess i'll try speaking to him offline just like my other sellers. Is there anyway I can get his/her email address automatically or will I need to ask for it?

Lol nice suggestion mcmxcivjm but if my house was burnt down I don't think i'd be buying PC parts
So do you think it's unsafe to mention within eBay messages? IMO I think it would be fine unless you get a d*ckhead seller who'd report what you asked + your address to eBay... then they'd probably link you. :(

Sometimes I see e-mail addresses in eBay listings, while for the most part I do not. You could always ask to communicate by e-mail instead of eBay messages but that combined with your request to ship to a different address might seem suspicious. Hopefully you have a decent amount of feedback though; that could definitely help.

Last edited by mcmx; 09-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmxcivjm View Post
So do you think it's unsafe to mention within eBay messages? IMO I think it would be fine unless you get a d*ckhead seller who'd report what you asked + your address to eBay... then they'd probably link you. :(

Sometimes I see e-mail addresses in eBay listings, while for the most part I do not. You could always ask to communicate by e-mail instead of eBay messages but that combined with your request to ship to a different address might seem suspicious. Hopefully you have a decent amount of feedback though; that could definitely help.
Why take the risk
Old 09-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Hmm I guess your right i'll just try and "Convince" him to message me through email and like GrannyT said if it doesn't work well nothing lost.
Old 09-03-2012

Longevity: 69%

Only problem I see is what if they use eb/pp to print label to the new REAL address?